May All-Charity Event -> 21st to the 25th

darski

I was thinking that I would host the charity Weekend from May 21st to May 25th if that works for any and all who might like to join in.

This will be for any charitable crocheting that you may be doing.

If someone else was planning to take this month - have at it... I'm just offering.

This is a heads up in case you need to get some yarn or find a cause.

:ghug

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:woo

A long weekend with the girls? Yeah, baby! I am so here!

thanks, Darski, for taking this on again! You are AWESOME! :hug

:hi, Jenniferelyse & FosterMom!!!! Glad you'll be here too! This will be fun :applause

I will be joining the group that weekend too. I have been knocking off my WIP's that I guess I need to start collecting new ones :lol

darski as far as I know I'll be there .. just need to get my thinking cap on and figure out what to make...

For this one I am including any charity work that we do. Hats, squares, blankies, sweaters ...whatever... Every bit of love gets counted. :manyheart

what a wonderful idea, ok gotta start collecting the yarn to use

:cheer:clap:yay Thanks Darski for hosting. You know I have all these scraps laying around from the WIP week CAL, so what a great way to spend the weekend and use them up!!!

Count me in, I will be here!!!!! My yarn is already lined up, :hook are ready for me to :crocheting. Marking my desk top calendar right now, so if anything comes up I can say ummmmm no thanks, I have plans already :devil:devil:devil.

I'm all about the charity weekend!

I make preemie hats and blankets in memory of my son to give to the hospital on his birthday every year. I just realized I need to get moving on them to have a bunch done by 8/29.

Since it's a long weekend, I'll have my crochet hook in my hand at all times!! :yes

Count me in, too. I haven't a clue which project I'll be working on, but I've got a bunch of different charity projects to choose from, so one or more will get the nod. Thanks for taking it on again, Darski. And thanks for the advance warning, this makes it much easier to plan for. :hug

:hug thank you for the advanced notice! Although I work two double shifts, I'm sure I can get a row or two in at break.

I bought some Caron Simply Soft for the baby hats after work yesterday. I'll probably get a couple done before the weekend, but that's okay!

I am going to do larger hats this time. The NICU seems to get a lot of the preemie stuff, but not as much for the closer to term babies.

The square I was planning to use for this event didn't work out in the yarn I was planning to use. The yarn has moved on to become a yummy Ripple Me This afghan and I also decided to look for another square as that one was going to take more time. I like something quick for the charity event.

I like this pattern and I think it works in the continuous join - which I really want to use again. I want to be able to use various final rows and not just the granny version for this technique.

post-4896-135897404389_thumb.jpg

This is not my final yarn colours - I am thinking lots of flower colours with a green border. I am debating with myself about using yellow or white for all the centres ... with accompanying ends to weave in. :eek I hope I have more of that green :xfin as it makes a great leaf colour.

What I am wondering is whether or not the join works or is it too bulky?

I wanted more joins than just the ends and the middles so I did a join where each sc goes into the ch3 space. Whadayah think?

Does anyone have a suggestion about where I could make a join ...differently? :think

I like that square Darski and I think it joined rather nicely. That would be really pretty with multiple colored flowers with the green. You are right, that green is very pretty for the leaf color.:cheer:clap:yay

Bethintx has a great set of tutorials

for continuous join tht follows what Sandie had done on her site.

It should be set up so you can just select [play next] as each one finishes. She takes you through every step along the way to put them together.

Bethintx has a great set of tutorials
for continuous join tht follows what Sandie had done on her site.

It should be set up so you can just select [play next] as each one finishes. She takes you through every step along the way to put them together.

Thanks so much...I'll check it out

Archived