May All-Charity Event -> 21st to the 25th

darski

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darski - very nice squares.

Nicole - do you have a favorite hat pattern that you could recommend. I know there are tons of patterns on the internet but I'd like to find one that's fairly simple without haveing to test several first.

Darski - very nice squares.

Nicole - do you have a favorite hat pattern that you could recommend. I know there are tons of patterns on the internet but I'd like to find one that's fairly simple without haveing to test several first.

I use this pattern - http://suzies-yarnie-stuff.blogspot.com/2008/03/kids-granny-hat-c.html

I make it following the instructions for the baby hat. I make some with an "F" hook, some with a "G" and some with an "H". Then I get a range of sizes.

Nicole - Thanks for the quick response. I'll have to put her blog in my favorites. She has a bunch of nice things.

You're welcome! She does have a lot of nice patterns. I've used her site a few times. She belongs to one of the yahoo groups I'm on.

The square I was planning to use for this event didn't work out in the yarn I was planning to use. The yarn has moved on to become a yummy Ripple Me This afghan and I also decided to look for another square as that one was going to take more time. I like something quick for the charity event.

I like this pattern and I think it works in the continuous join - which I really want to use again. I want to be able to use various final rows and not just the granny version for this technique.

[ATTACH]1108[/ATTACH]

This is not my final yarn colours - I am thinking lots of flower colours with a green border. I am debating with myself about using yellow or white for all the centres ... with accompanying ends to weave in. :eek I hope I have more of that green :xfin as it makes a great leaf colour.

What I am wondering is whether or not the join works or is it too bulky?

I wanted more joins than just the ends and the middles so I did a join where each sc goes into the ch3 space. Whadayah think?

Does anyone have a suggestion about where I could make a join ...differently? :think

I think your joining looks great, Darski. :yes It's going to be so pretty with all the colored flowers. Having yellow centers will be a lot of extra work, though. I bet it would be just as pretty without them. I can't wait to see what you make. :yes:hug

Thanks for the directions to the cap site. I think that I'll being using it this month along with one that I already have.

Thanks for the steer to this thread, Nicole and Linda!

Count me in...want to start making more stuff for a military hospital

R. McDonald-type house.

Well I picked up some pastel blue yarn for my flowers... This had better be a great event as it cost me a whole 2 points in stashbusting...

:rofl

I really do need to search through that stash to find all the 'flowers' I can. I can't wait to see this one made. I am having second thoughts about that dark green though. Given the look of the sample that green would be the dominant colour... :think

Won't be long now. :manyheart

Hi, Judy! :welcome

Darski - Well, it is for charity! :lol I a getting ready to do some running around and thought, "I really do need to buy more yarn!" Honestly, I have plenty of yarn, but I want more badly.

Hi, Nicole!

I almost went the opposite direction from home after church this AM...toward Michaels and AC Moore...but I forgot to put some meat back in the fridge so it saved me:D Plus, I really have no where else to put yarn!

I have squares people sent me that I need to border and assemble, also some petghans to smooth out the rough edges on, so my charity days will be filled!

Hi everyone! This sounds like so much fun. I am new to the site and have never been part of a CAL before. I would like to try.

Thanks Nicole for the link to the baby caps. I am going to start working on that.

Jamie

Nicole, there is no way that's all the yarn I would have ended up with:devil

Hee hee! I was at Wal-mart so there isn't a whole lot of choice. If I went to Michael's it would have been entirely different.

Welcome aboard. I am really looking forward to this one.

I've just realized that it will take a whol lotta motifs to make this one work Guess it's time for a lapghan... :think

OK, how would folks feel about a mint green flower centre. I remember loving a green rose at one time so it is not unheard of ... right?

Welcome aboard. I am really looking forward to this one.

I've just realized that it will take a whol lotta motifs to make this one work Guess it's time for a lapghan... :think

OK, how would folks feel about a mint green flower centre. I remember loving a green rose at one time so it is not unheard of ... right?

Ohhhhh, the green center sounds lovely! :c9 Green is my favorite color!

Hello ladies!! Count me in! Sounds like fun, and DH will most likely be working. I'll probably be making hats, but I need to start some smaller afghans for Project Night Night too. I'm hoping I'll have time to do a little of both!! Of course, that only happens in a perfect world!;)

Ooh, I just remembered I signed up for the prayer blanket challenge! That's an RR, and I've never done one before. I'm feeling brave. I might have to work on that all weekend.

Archived