May All-Charity Event -> 21st to the 25th

darski

Darski- The mint centers sounds really pretty:yes

I can't wait till Thursday! I am working feverishly around here, to insure LOTS of :crocheting time!

btw... i have been :lurking since I signed up...lots of nice folks and great ideas. This might be the best/funnest group yet!

:welcome, Pineknott! :rofl

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ooh, I just remembered I signed up for the prayer blanket challenge! That's an RR, and I've never done one before. I'm feeling brave. I might have to work on that all weekend.

Hi Irishrose! I love RR's. I haven't been crocheting that long, just a couple of years, and I've made 3 or 4 round ripples. They are addictive, though. Do you have a pattern already? The one by Aggie Mae on the 'Ville is very well-written. If you have any questions, I'm sure the awesome, intelligent, talented, helpful, experienced crocheters on this thread would be more than happy to help!:hug

Thanks Beth! The prayer blanket thread has its own pattern, but I'll definitely check yours out too! I do have a question. How many colors are good for a beginner to use? I have lots of yarn, but not a lot of colors go together. Are there certain colors you like to use?

Thanks Beth! The prayer blanket thread has its own pattern, but I'll definitely check yours out too! I do have a question. How many colors are good for a beginner to use? I have lots of yarn, but not a lot of colors go together. Are there certain colors you like to use?

I just finished my first RR a couple of weeks ago. I used 3 colors and it worked up fairly quickly. Here is a link to the pic. I hope it works as I've never tried to link anything here before. The pattern I used was Little Boy Blue 8 Point Round Ripple. I found it through google and added rounds until if fit a queen sized bed.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1726411&postcount=179

One suggestion I had read was that when doing a RR, join your next color in a different location from ending the current color. I always ended up just before the top of a point and I would join just before the top of the previous point. I hope that makes sense.

Good luck on your first RR. They are addictive. I have started 2 more since finishing my first.

Hi Jennifer! We meet again. Your RR is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colors. Thanks for the tip. I'm hoping I'll have a better idea of what you're talking about when I get to that point. If not, I'll be asking more questions. I was nervous about doing one, but now I can't wait to get started!:)

I just finished my first RR a couple of weeks ago. I used 3 colors and it worked up fairly quickly. Here is a link to the pic. I hope it works as I've never tried to link anything here before. The pattern I used was Little Boy Blue 8 Point Round Ripple. I found it through google and added rounds until if fit a queen sized bed.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1726411&postcount=179

One suggestion I had read was that when doing a RR, join your next color in a different location from ending the current color. I always ended up just before the top of a point and I would join just before the top of the previous point. I hope that makes sense.

Good luck on your first RR. They are addictive. I have started 2 more since finishing my first.

GORGEOUS!!!:manyheart:cheer:yay:clap

I have made a rr with 7 colors, and one with 3. It all depends on what you are going for. I like the idea of a random blanket. (I made a star that way) where I had the balls of yarn

in my tote, and just grabbed the next one without looking, and used it until it was gone, then grabbed the next one. All the yarn was in the green/blue family (or if variegated, had green and blue in it.) except a couple of neutrals.

post-16396-135897407693_thumb.jpg

Beth- Your blanket is beautiful! The random look is cool. I was concentrating so much on your blanket that it took me a minute to see your dog laying there all nice and cozy. Too cute! Thank you for sharing. I think, in honor of Memorial Day, I'm going to try a red, white and blue RR. That's going to be my theme for this CAL. If I decide to start any other WIPs this weekend, they have to be red, white and blue too.

sounds like everyone has some great ideas, I'm gathering yarn and I think i'm going to be making chemo caps

:eek Eeeek! I can't believe it's almost here!! :eek I'd better get my act together. :lol I'll probably be finishing up a blanket that I'm working on for charity and then make squares. :yes See you all tomorrow. :clap

:eek Eeeek! I can't believe it's almost here!! :eek I'd better get my act together. :lol I'll probably be finishing up a blanket that I'm working on for charity and then make squares. :yes See you all tomorrow. :clap

i agree with your :eek

I will have to get organized today, I have just been busier than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs this last week or so.

Oh, I am thinking that I may not have been clear about the green in my blankie. I mean that I will make the first and second rows in the green -that forms the flower- and not that I would make the first round of every flower in green. I still have to locate all my colours and see what I get. :wlol

I'm ready...bags of squares and other charity projects that need to be worked on are all lined up like soldiers! It'll be nice getting the clutter out of my laundry room. DH has been an angel not remarking on it again:manyheart

I don't know how much I'll get done tomorrow, though - need to be with FIL most of the day....errands and such.

Judy, I love your plan for the event. I figure the several days that are offered give all of us time to do the work but also to have a day off is we so choose.

Good on getting the squares together. I just recently finished off a bunch of pet snugglies so I know how good it feels to get them gone.

I'm so excited! The big day (er...weekend) is almost here. I went to Michael's yesterday and got everything I needed. I'm so ready to make my first RR for charity!:yay

I'm so excited! The big day (er...weekend) is almost here. I went to Michael's yesterday and got everything I needed. I'm so ready to make my first RR for charity!:yay

That is exciting! :cheerI've made many many RRs and they're always fun to make. :yes

I am so ready for the weekend. I have my plan all lined out to include mixing in some of my 'deadline' projects with the charity stuff I want to complete.

I will check in later tomorrow to see how everyone is doing.

Hoping to join you. I'm finishing up a knit tank top and have projects aligned to start, including tucking ends on blankets previously made. I know I'll be glued to the TV on Sunday as I'm an Indy 500 race fan -- the only sport event I watch all year. My family knows it is cook for yourself day on race day. Will be primarily working on "scrap saltines" for teen sized Project Linus blankets or pet snuggles for a local cat shelter.

I am humming the scarecrow's song from WoO.

I did some stash diving and I think I will just have to go with pink centres and a different green leaf colour. it would be too complicated to work out the placement (I'm a type A in this stuff; I would have to work it out). I need to make 70 centre motifs for an 7X10 ghan. With the joining round that will bring me out to about 45 inches by 31.5 inches. With a decent border that should get to my standard 36 X 48 lapghans.

I am also so excited because I got a request for a yellow shawl :yay for my cousin to give to a special patient. In between motifs I can work a bit on the shawl. :dreaming

My house looks like a cyclone went through from the stash diving... gotta fix that. I am trying to maintain tidy :) as challenging as that may be :rofl

I am ready!!! Is it the 21st yet :lol. I have my squares lined up to be joined, :yarn laid out to make hats, squares saltines, circles of hope, lapghans or whatever else strikes my fancy. I am hoping to use up the rest of these balls of scraps.

Can't wait to see what everyone is doing tomorrow!!! Happy :crocheting all.

Definitely in, got so much to get done and most is charity, maybe I will get a boost of encouragement seeing how hard everyone else is working. So that's Thursday to Sunday, maybe I can get the afghan finished and a few scarves too!!!

Definitely in, got so much to get done and most is charity, maybe I will get a boost of encouragement seeing how hard everyone else is working. So that's Thursday to Sunday, maybe I can get the afghan finished and a few scarves too!!!

OH you are cutting yourself short a day. It is through Monday. Glad you are joining us, and hope you get everything accomplished that you plan to.

Hi, all. I'm getting ready and have a preemie afghan to assemble, yarn out for brain surgery hats, and who knows what else I'll get into. See you all tomorrow. :hook

I was so ready that I decided to test out a smaller baby hat idea.

I used the same pattern that I showed you all earlier (click here for the pattern), but made some small adjustments.

I used a size F hook for both of the hats. The larger hat follows the pattern for the baby hat to the letter. The smaller one, I started with 8 DC in a magic ring. I followed the pattern from there except that I only did two rows of the granny part.

Any who, I know a few people asked about the pattern and just wanted to share. See you tomorrow! :yes

post-28827-135897408318_thumb.jpg

I just can't wait for tomorrow to come. This is shaping up to be a super love festival and all of you are making me :hyper to get started .

:manyheart charitable giving :manyheart

Archived