May All-Charity Event -> 21st to the 25th

darski

ok first could someone fill me in what is a saltine???

now my totals

8 - chemo caps

34 - 6" squares

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is the first two rounds of a granny square.

thank you, that was going to be my guess but I thought I'd better ask to be sure

I did manage to complete...

Purple rectangle granny

6 preemie/baby hats

preemie blanket (I made it from the yarn with the sparkle in it, I heard it doesn't shed but it's rather rough, does this soften when washed?)

I did manage to complete...

Purple rectangle granny

6 preemie/baby hats

preemie blanket (I made it from the yarn with the sparkle in it, I heard it doesn't shed but it's rather rough, does this soften when washed?)

Most yarn does soften when washed...in my experience. There was one that didn't - can't remember which:think

I managed to get a little bit done, but not as much as I would have liked.

Totals:

3-15" squares

6- 6" squares

2 saltines

1 circle of hope

5 hats

1 large granny square ghan

Here is my final total for the All Charity Event weekend.....Thank you Darski for hosting a wonderful CAL!!!!:cheer

2 Afghans

2 Hats

1 Scarf

I picked up a few extra shifts this week but I still got a few stitches in at work. Of course whenever I start someone always asks me about it, so I decided to ask then if they wanted a class....:D I got my work cut out for me now! I am trying to get simple projects they can donate back to the nursing home or to other charities. So far they wanted hats and scarves and blankets....thank goodness!

Congratulations on the class!! What a neat way to spread the word and round up more people to contribute!

I needed a break from my blanket... just for a change so I decided to get back to the shawl I started on Thursday ... the one with all the untangling :wlol

So I picked it up to work on it today and surprise, surprise it is finished already. Even I am impressed that it finished so quickly. :eek

The great news is that I busted two skeins doing this one. :yay and the little bit left on the other two should be done soon as well.

[ATTACH]2087[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2088[/ATTACH]

The second is a close up of the stitches. I can't write up a pattern for this as I was just making it up as I went along and I couldn't explain it to anyone. I used 2 strands of a mill end with a 6.5mm hook

This was fun and I can't wait until it is delivered to my cousin for her "friend".

Beautiful work, Darski.

I just got my internet connection back. We've had thunderstorms all weekend and lots of rain. They knocked out our phone and internet and our areas phones and internet. I spent a lot of time at the rehab center where my neighbor is spending some time after breaking her right wrist, left leg and smashing her nose, so didn't get as much done as I had hoped.

My totals: Assembled 1 18 x 18 preemie afghan

Crocheted another 18 x18 preemie afghan

2 brain surgery hats made

Congratulations to everyone who contributed! Nice job!

Sorry ladies,... I can't even get my brain to focus at this point:tired:headache:morcoffee

I will try to get the tallies done this week but that is as much as I can promise.

It was a great event and I am so sorry I am dropping the ball this late in the game.

:ghug

you just concentrate on getting better darski, no rush on those totals

:waving

good morning, everyone :coffee

we're thinking of you today, Darski :hug I hope you are feeling a little better

:ty for organizing this for us... we had a Terrific time!:yes:yay

Hope you are feeling better, Darski. Here are pictures of my completed projects for our weekend. The hats are modeled by my friend, Miss Kim. The preemie afghans will go to our local preemie unit as part of my church's outreach.

post-9295-13589741115_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897411154_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897411158_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897411161_thumb.jpg

This is the best sense my little pea soup brain could make of our totals. I am amazed at how much got made on a long weekend for our American friends. I know that Memorial Day is a Big Event for you. I want to add my thanks to all the men and women who work to keep us free and safe. The price paid is high indeed.

here are the totals that I got from the posts...

Squares...

6" : 94

8": 20

4.5: 70

15": 6

4": 24

12":1

Saltines : 131

Hats : 32

Scarves: 1

Blankets, ghans and Snugglies

1 pet snugglie

3 preemie blankies

2 ghans

2 granny ghans

Shawls : 1

Starts:

a ripple ghan

a starghan

2 strips of ghan

4 rnds of ghan

:manyheartI want to thank everyone who took part in this charity event.

:manyheart

It was a wonderful time and very rewarding.

Archived