Airplane ate my F hook!

I lost a hook in a hospital waiting room--the whole family was down on their hands and knees trying to help me find it! Never did find it, and we were so amazed that it simply disappeared! :think

You're a great story teller--I hope I don't read the proposed headlines any time soon! :rofl

At least you can have a crochet hook on the plane. Last time I flew, I had to read a book and do puzzles because they wouldn't let me take it on the plane (had to put it in my luggage) :crocheting

:lol I had to laugh at the way you told this, too funny. To bad you lost your hook though :(. Just goes to show you we crocheters are safe nowhere, not even in the big blue yonder...:lol

Thanks for the 'craic' Miss Crochet. Hope whoever finds it puts it to good use. Hope you enjoyed your visit home - was wondering how you watched 'Britain's Got Talent' with your Mummy - didn't imagine they showed it in Germany! I didnt realise you could crochet on European flights or I definately would have been hooking on my journey to France. Anyway I'll watch out for the headlines!

Maybe the plane will suddenly burp out a hook into the lap of a surprised but grateful crocheter en route to some other destination (who may, after all, have lost her hook somewhere in transit and is just as desperate and sad as you were )? Pay the Hook Forward...

I'd sure love that way more than a little bag of peanuts and one ounce of water.

Hey! There's a thought. Yarn weighs way less than peanuts and soda. Why don't airlines distribute yarn and plastic hooks instead?

Thanks for the laugh, MissCrochet! You always brighten our day! Patty

Hooks have a way of just disappearing. What can we do about it?

I'll get up for a minute and when I get back, the hook is nowhere to be found.

I loved this story!! Too funny! I like to think, when hooks run away, that they find an owner who takes care of it the way I would have (if it had stayed around). It would be cool if someone found it and didn't know what it was, looked it up on the Internet, and learned how to crochet all because a little hook was lost on a plane. Now that would be a happy ending indeed!

Your story was hilarious. I lost a hook in my couch and I couldnt find it for the life of me. Well, about 2 months ago I was moving my furniture in w/my fiance and we got the sofa down the stairs, into the truck, halfway across the state and up 3 more flights of stairs and we get it to the door of the new apartment and out falls a J crochet hook. I was like...let me through, its my hook! We had a little reunion and all was well. The guys didnt understand me when I yelled to let me through though. They thought I was nuts. But it is now back in it's case and ready for another afghan.

Yikes! My DH is an airline mechanic and his brother is a baggage smasher...um.. handler. They turn in things they find; and after 90 days if the item goes unclaimed they can keep it. I get some treasures that way! My MIL got an I pod! I got a beautiful cape, but it disappeared on one of my trips.

Okay. Not fair! I'm at work trying to stiffle my laughter and trying not to pee myself. :blush I'm getting such strange looks! I usually can find my hooks with out problem. Its my scissors, snippers, etc that seem to grow legs. I have not ruled out DH, DD, or DS - tho they deny deny deny!

Thank you for the colorful story...sorry about your missing hook!

oh my I needed that laugh, sorry about your missing hook, what a great storyteller you are

That is so funny

This past January we were on a tour group to Italy. One of the women who flew in from NYC had lost her crochet hook on the plane. She was so upset. Every city we visited in Italy, the entire group was on the look out for a knitting store that sold hooks. We finally found such a store in Rome and she bought 2 hooks - just in case she lost one again.

She e-mailed me after we returned home to inform me that she was able to crochet 2 scarves on the plane.

So, the moral of the story is always carry a spare hook with you.

Just yesterday I lost a hook in the car. Mom and I had to go down to VA and back to pick my brother up, and while Mom was driving, I was making baby things. The hook slipped out of my hand and I couldn't get it until we got to a rest area. Luckily I had a different size so I could start another project while I waited to be able to reach it, but then Mom had a brilliant idea. Attach something to it to loop around my wrist so it won't go so far between seats next time. Since I use wooden hooks, something like a small cup hook on the end with a bunge line attached should work.

I lost a hook on a flight to San Diego (before they banned them). After looking all over, mom said "Read a magazine, we'll look later". She pulled a magazine from the pocket on the back of the seat in front of her, and my hook flew out. We laughed so hard people stared at us :lol. Dad woke up totally confused :think.

Also, I always check my chair carefully when I'm missing a hook. I was stabbed in the thigh by a doily hook. It didn't go in too deep, but it left a hole (had trouble sitting for a while :lol) and I can still find the scar.

Ellie 13

Wow... how hilarious is that :lol

About a year and a half ago, I flew from Dallas to visit my sister in Atlanta and carried a "boatload" of yarn and all of my crochet hooks on board. Just checked the TSA web site and they'e not on the list of prohibited items... Did something change? :think Bummer! :(

They've lifted the ban on several items that can now go on board. When I flew it was very strict about what you could bring on board, so I packed mine in my luggage that I didn't take on board with me.:crocheting

Archived