'Hello Kitty' Afghan

Hookerangel

My Darling Garddaughter keeeps telling me that althouh I have made her various afghans I have not made her one with her name on it ( and I have made them for everyone else!). Her favourite thing at this time is 'Hello Kitty'. So while on holiday recently I made this afghan for her. Thankfully she loves it and have used it continually she I gave it to her. Thank you for looking.

3436967955_8610408beb.jpg

Karen, how lovely! Just of of curiosity, how do you pronounce her name?

And now, a guideline reminder for everyone, since every time something featuring Hello Kitty is posted, people ask about pattern availability. ;) First, I want to clarify that it's absolutely fine for Karen to post about her finished afghan here. So Karen, what I'm about to say next isn't directed toward you at all. I'm just offering clarification about a question I know will come up. :)

Hello Kitty is a trademarked, copyrighted character. In order to distribute legally a pattern featuring her likeness, the designer/publisher must make licensing arrangements or receive other permission from the trademark/copyright owner (Sanrio Corporation).

There are some licensed patterns available in Japanese-published books and magazines. If the pattern for this afghan came from one of those sources, information can be posted about where members can find the book or magazine.

Some people may choose to make unlicensed patterns available. However, to protect this site from legal issues related to contributory trademark/copyright infringement, our guidelines do not allow links to, discussion of, or hints at how to find any unlicensed patterns that might be out there. If the pattern used for this afghan was not licensed, then information about where to find it cannot be shared via post, private message, or email to other Crochetville members.

Dear HookerAngel:

My question is not about the afghan its totally awesome beautiful it came out..

My question is I see that is not a regular stitch you use, do you use popcorn stictch to make the deisgns or what ... I love the ways the ghans look..Can you explain it if its not going to be against guidelines...

Just curious..

thanks

Is your granddaughter named after the character in the Father Greeley books? Her name appears to be spelled the same as 'Nuala's.

It's just lovely. I'm beginning to think our Hookerangel needs a medal for speed-crocheting - Karen, how do you get so many lovely afghans done? :lol

AmyS: in my part of Ireland we'd say "Finnuula" for Fionnghuala. I've also heard "Fyunnuula". ...How do you pronounce it, Karen?

It finally clicked in my head earlier today that it must be the Gaelic (??) spelling of the name shared by actress Fionnula Flanagan. In fact, I just looked her up on imdb.com. Her given name really is Fionnghuala.

Hi All - my granddaughter's name is pronounced fin - oo-la and yes it is Gaelic and means fair-shouldered. WOW hope I haven't broken any guidelines etc with my ghan. I was actually given a little booklet with a few Hello Kitty charts in it by a friend. It is really a cross stitch book and I used used the chart for crochet purposes.

Beautiful afghan! I love cross stitch patterns translate to crochet so easily. It is very hard to find crochet patterns for somethings but you can almost always find a cross stitch pattern somewhere :)

Archived