graph afghans single crochet newbies and oldhatters

snapdragon928

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok thanks I thought when I was looking at my first graphgan to do it said an H afghan hook and I thought to myself does that really mean I need to buy another hook when I have a hook in practically every size so I'm glad to hear that I don't need to go and buy anymore hooks ok except for my beloved light hooks

I re-read what you wrote. Did your pattern call for an "H afghan hook" or did you write it that way? An afghan hook generally uses the tunisian crochet. If your graphghan just said "H Hook" or it's going to be all SC's then you're set.

If you are going to do an afghan in the afghan or Tunisian stitch, then you would need a longer afghan hook. If you are using a sc or dc then a regular length hook will do.

it says can be done in afghan stitch or sc thank you all for replying to my question so this all is starting to make sense to me sorry for so many questions but I really want to make this M and M graphgan for myself since I love m&ms so much

Well I'm going to make the log Cabin throw from the Crochet Today issue from Jan/Feb of 09 and try that as my first graphgan

Does anyone know if there is a free graphghan of Michael Jackson?

Even if there is, all photos of him are copyrighted. The only way somebody could distribute a pattern made from a photo would be if that person actually took the photo.

Then there is the whole separate issue of whether a pattern featuring his likeness can be distributed (for free or for sale) without his (or his estate's) permission.

Due to these issues, Crochetville cannot allow any links to or hints at how to find such a pattern, via post, PM, or email to other members.

Sorry about that!

it says can be done in afghan stitch or sc thank you all for replying to my question so this all is starting to make sense to me sorry for so many questions but I really want to make this M and M graphgan for myself since I love m&ms so much

I can't wait to see it. I do all my graphgans in sc. I find the afghan stitch to be too tedious. If you are going to do any back stitching on it, sometimes the afghan stitch is better. I tend to use patterns with no back stitching. Good Luck. :cheer

OK I made it here!

I'm going to make a graph-ghan my own way. I'm doing individual ABC blocks in Tunisian and then just sewing them together. Both my sisters are pregnant and I want to make something nice for each of them and then I need to make all their other kids something. I don't think it will take too long.

I'll try and take pictures as I go. I think doing it in blocks will make it a little easier for the first time. Now I just have to go get graph paper, coloring pencils, cover sheets, and a grease pencil. (I have my own way of keeping track)

Got the border done on mine. I still have ends to tuck, but, it is on hold for a few days. My dad went into the hospital on Saturday having chest pains. He is going to have an angeogram (sp) either today or tomorrow.

Got the border done on mine. I still have ends to tuck, but, it is on hold for a few days. My dad went into the hospital on Saturday having chest pains. He is going to have an angeogram (sp) either today or tomorrow.

So sorry to here about your father. i will keep him in my prayers.

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way for your dad. I hope it turns out ok.

I have about 10 rows left on my dad's car and then 2 rounds of a border. I hope to be finished in the next few days!!!

I've started working on a Todd Paschall picture ghan for my friend. I have to finish it by August for her birthday. I'm doing the bobbins so I don't have too many ends in the back. I've put my husband's afghan in the backburner until this one's done.

I am working on a Todd Paschall ghan as well. I had sent him a picture of my grandparents and he sent me a pattern of the picture back! I have to have mine done by September 18 to enter in my town's art festival!

Dianne how is your dad doing now? I hope better. We went to Tennessee for my father in laws memorial service and we are going to have one here also.

I have till Sunday to get my other afghan done then back to the graph afgan. I have the weekend off so I can get it all done.

I got a afghan double ended hook, not sure what size, in the mail from a fairy god mother, so next I will tackle that. Wish me luck. I will attempt to make a tunisian afghan then, Please be nice if I mispelled that and let me know how it's supposed to be spelled. Those apear to be harder.

Good going everyone on your afghans, those picture ones sound so cool! I would love to see them. Pictures are allways welcome, I just can't post pictures with out some kind of help.

As most of you know Todd Paschall will convert a photograph you email him into a crochet pattern. I invited him to my town's art festival in September. He said he will be there! I will finally get to meet him! :yay

Todd even told me to not let him forget the festival. I had told him a while back I am entering the afghan of my Grandparents. He created the pattern for me. I can't wait!

My husband is so jealous I am so excited about meeting Todd. My husband is the jealous type. ;)

Todd's website is called Crochet By Numbers. He also has free patterns on his site.

Thank you. There have been complications. Dad has parkinsons and even though the ango was almost clear, the procedure along with parkinsons have sent him for a loop and he has been very confused since Monday when he had his stress test.

On a good note. I got a shawl done for the daughter of a friend!!!

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way for your dad. I hope it turns out ok.

Thank you all for the prayers and best wishes for my dad. He is better and home. Went home Friday!! Still some recovery and the doc is sending out PT for him.

Still no more done on my graph ghan. I really need to get the rest of the ends tucked so that I can wash it and send it to my brother in law. I also need to get together the yarn for the Nebraska afghan I need to do!! Their wedding is coming up soon.

Archived