graph afghans single crochet newbies and oldhatters

snapdragon928

Glad to hear your dad is doing better. Keep him active for as long as you can. Parkinson's is a horrible illness. My mother in law lasted 25 years after they first discovered she had it. She had her mind till the end. God Bless.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you.

It can be hard to keep him active some times. He has horrible bercedis (sp) in his hips and it makes his walking worse. We are taking him to the doc today to hopefully get an injection in his hip that eases the pain.

Glad to hear your dad is doing better. Keep him active for as long as you can. Parkinson's is a horrible illness. My mother in law lasted 25 years after they first discovered she had it. She had her mind till the end. God Bless.

Very, very, nice. Well done!:clap:clap:clap:clap

I just wanted to say that the Elvis blanket was the hit of the party this weekend. My cousin was speechless when he saw it. I am going to get it back from him in August to enter in the county fair, and promised him if I win any money I would split it with him. As soon as a I get a picture of Nick and Elvis I will post it.

Thank you. He is feeling better. We go tomorrow to see his doc for a 2 week after hospital visit. Still real weak and he gets dizzy very easy.

Caroline, it looks great. Dianne, one of the guys I take care of has parkinsons. He's in a wheelchair now. I hope your Dad feels better soon.

[attach]5499[/attach]

Diane that is cool!

I finished my father's race car earlier this week!! The finished pic is here http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1802254#post1802254 I think I may give it to him soon...just have to figure out a good time. Enjoy!!

Kristy, I am speechless!!

:clap:jumpyay To both of you!!! :tup:2rock

As most of you know Todd Paschall will convert a photograph you email him into a crochet pattern. I invited him to my town's art festival in September. He said he will be there! I will finally get to meet him! :yay

Todd even told me to not let him forget the festival. I had told him a while back I am entering the afghan of my Grandparents. He created the pattern for me. I can't wait!

My husband is so jealous I am so excited about meeting Todd. My husband is the jealous type. ;)

Todd's website is called Crochet By Numbers. He also has free patterns on his site.

That is exciting Crystal, I am happy for you! I will have to check his site out

Without further ado......Austen's K-State afghan: finished with a month left to go before he leaves for classes. Here's hoping that it will keep him warm at night.

:cheer

Caroline, that is very nice. I am sure he will think about you often as he snuggles under it!

I just finished another hockey graphgan, this one is an auction item for a convention. I took out 21 rounds of the border because the corners looked bad. I am just glad to get it done. Pic later.

I'm still working on my graph afghan for my friend from Todd Paschall, going very slowly on it, actually being very careful since this is the second time I'm working on it. I thought I could do away with ends in the back by making bobbins, but it's going to be impossible. I'm on row 15 out of 71.

I made a graph ghan a couple of years ago for my dad for Christmas. It was a silhouette of John Wayne's head. It turned out ok. The part I hated was there was a million yarn ends on the back of the blanket, everywhere I changed colors. It was impossible to weave them all in.

Anyone know a good site that has graph ghan patterns for sale? I think I asked once before but we got a new computer since then. I have 30 rows left on my flag afghan, the border, then the stars and I will be done. Then I will post a picture!

Check etsy, there are some really nice ones there and not expensive.

Ok ladies, Elvis is now in the hand of the county fair ladies. They went nuts over him and when we left were trying to figure out how to display him. I am keeping my fingers crossed.:sweat

Archived