graph afghans single crochet newbies and oldhatters

snapdragon928

COUNT COUNT COUNT! And always make sure when you change your color that the yarn is on the wrong side of the afghan, even if you are working on the right side.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JoAnn, that looks great!! You do a fantastic job. I have slowed down a little on mine. I have taken on more crochet projects. I have a filet class, just finished one swap, and now started another swap. I need to stop signing up for everything. :D

To all the new joiners, just keep trying. There are alot of ladies on here that will give you all the help you need.

Happy crocheting. :crocheting

Thanks, it goes so fast because it is only two colors. I am thinking of making the border one row of white and then crab stitch in the zebra varigated.

The pix so far are fantastic. I am going to take mine outside right now and take a pic and post it. I am almost done. Just some end tucking to do and washing, then I can box it up and ship it off!!!

Thank you!!!

It's done!!!:clap:clap:clap All ends tucked and tag sewn on. Now to the laundrymat to wash and get a box to ship it in!!!!

Fantastic job! The graph is so clear. The colors are brilliant.

Great job Dianne Looks great!

Thanks for all the encouragement gang! The Elvis, car, and cyclone ghans are fabulous! I can only hope mine are sharp with such detail!

I frogged the first 10 rows of my KSU ghan because I wasn't happy with my stitch quality or my color changes. There is a bit of a learning curve to this. I restarted and am much happier with the results.

Pics on my blog, forgot to add them first time around.

http://thekansashooker.blogspot.com/2009/06/ksu-graph-ghan-update.html:D

Thanks everyone on the compliments. Everyone that has posted pix, they look good. The car is coming along nicely!!!

I have started another one. The cyclone was done in extended single crochet with there being 2 rows for every row on the graph which = 4 stitches for every square on the graph. They come out really large that way!!!LOL

The one I am doing now I am doing just stright extended single crochet and not doing the 2 for one deal!!!LOL It is for my brother in law who has ALS. A friend of mine made the graph and I am looking forward to being able to show you the finished product. My plan right now is to make it smaller with more border to make a good lap ghan. He is to the point where he is basically in a wheel chair most of the time now. Yesterday was his 3 year anniversary of being diagnosed.

Thanks. Well, the graph was 80 stitches wide I think and I doubled that. So, it was about 160 stitches wide. I think (and I am saying I think because I have put the pattern up since I am through) that it was about 112 rows. Which would have been 224 since I doubled it. I did not measure the ghan so I don't know how big it is inch wise.

:clap The cyclone ghan is so beautiful, Diane. The picture is so clear. I hope mine turns out as clear as yours. May I ask how many sc wide is your graph ghan?

I also should let you know that I took the picture outside in the bright sun shine!!!

:clap The cyclone ghan is so beautiful, Diane. The picture is so clear. I hope mine turns out as clear as yours. May I ask how many sc wide is your graph ghan?

You gals are doing great i'm still plugging along on my Cubs ghan. I hope to have a picture soon. It's looking pretty good even if it is my first one. I'm sure they get better as you learn more along the way. I hope to have it done by christmas :lol

I'm off to Hobby Lobby to check out the sales. Have a wonderful weekend and I will check in soon. :hook

I really went at it last night......

Mine is about the same size as yours. I had so many rows of white before i got into any color so i think i lost a little intrust in it.I had like 50 rows of white first yuko lol

Your ghan is looking good !!

Mine is about the same size as yours. I had so many rows of white before i got into any color so i think i lost a little intrust in it.I had like 50 rows of white first yuko lol

Your ghan is looking good !!

Thanks! I'm excited to finally start seeing some of the wildcat take shape!

The one I am doing now I am not doubling stitches!!! It is so strange to be making one so small!!!!!!!LOL

:ty Thanks for the info and tips, Diane. I am also doubling the stitches on mine.

As promised, Elvis so far.

[ATTACH]2650[/ATTACH]

That looks great so far!

Thanks, it goes so fast because it is only two colors. I am thinking of making the border one row of white and then crab stitch in the zebra varigated.

What is a crab stitch? :think I don't think I have heard of it before.

[attach]2704[/attach]

Totally awesome

Archived