graph afghans single crochet newbies and oldhatters

snapdragon928

I have not worked on mine in awhile, but I am getting kind of interested in starting it again. I have two more skiens of yarn to go on the ripple I have been concentrating on, then I can start the afghan again. Everyones work looks great. I tried to take my crocheting to do a third but I kept nodding off and made a few mistakes. I told the bosses I couldn't do thirds anymore, I can't stay awake, we will see what they do. I would hate to lose my job over it. But on seconds and thirds there is alot of down time, so I can crochet or read. I got a new position at work, in different homes and it's a demotion so less hours and less pay. I am still in the inbetween, doing both jobs so the pay hasn't been cut yet, I don't think.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

59 rows to go and Elvis is done. :) Then it is on the to the other 3 graph afghans I have to do. 2 hockey related, and one mama and baby giraffe together.

Elvis is now 1/2 done.

Christi, the crab stitch is also known as the reverse single crochet.

OOohhh

I have not worked on mine in awhile, but I am getting kind of interested in starting it again. I have two more skiens of yarn to go on the ripple I have been concentrating on, then I can start the afghan again. Everyones work looks great. I tried to take my crocheting to do a third but I kept nodding off and made a few mistakes. I told the bosses I couldn't do thirds anymore, I can't stay awake, we will see what they do. I would hate to lose my job over it. But on seconds and thirds there is alot of down time, so I can crochet or read. I got a new position at work, in different homes and it's a demotion so less hours and less pay. I am still in the inbetween, doing both jobs so the pay hasn't been cut yet, I don't think.
That is NOT good

59 rows to go and Elvis is done. :) Then it is on the to the other 3 graph afghans I have to do. 2 hockey related, and one mama and baby giraffe together.

Good Luck

Looks like no one has been here for a couple of days.

Here is the new one that I am working on. It is for my BIL who suffers with ALS. It is smaller then what I usually do and it has been puckering on me a bit with all the color changes, but, it will be fine in the end. Going to just add border around when done with the center to make it into a nice lap-ghan.

post-9755-135897415503_thumb.jpg

If you are pulling too hard when you change the colors it will pucker up. Just loosen the stitch and it should help. Also if you are carrying your colors along the back, that will cause the pucker.

Thanks!!

I don't carry colors across the back if I don't have to!! Learned that long ago. I will carry a stitch or two but no more if I can help it.

I also think that it puckerd a bit when I went from the stripes to the red and white because it had started growing a bit and I was making an attempt to bring it back in. When I folded it over on itself the top was baginning to be a bit wider then the bottom. I think that is why I got alittle pucker. I think it is going to be ok though.

Thanks again.

If you are pulling too hard when you change the colors it will pucker up. Just loosen the stitch and it should help. Also if you are carrying your colors along the back, that will cause the pucker.

Hi Ladies,

Looks like everyone has been busy with summer. I have to admit I have too. I haven't been working on my ghan much either. Were going to Iowa this coming week for a little vacation to see the Grandkids and our Son and Daughter. I can't wait :-) I miss those little guys.

dilyca2006, girl your quite the grah ghan lady . You do great work! and you BIL is very lucky guy he will love it i'm sure.

Take care :hug

Judy

Judy. I love, love, love doing graph ghans!!! Didn't think I would my first one though!!!

Say, where in Iowa are you coming to? I'm here you know. I think we have talked about this but don't remember for sure!!!!

Have a safe trip coming here!!!!

Hi Ladies,

Looks like everyone has been busy with summer. I have to admit I have too. I haven't been working on my ghan much either. Were going to Iowa this coming week for a little vacation to see the Grandkids and our Son and Daughter. I can't wait :-) I miss those little guys.

dilyca2006, girl your quite the grah ghan lady . You do great work! and you BIL is very lucky guy he will love it i'm sure.

Take care :hug

Judy

Judy. I love, love, love doing graph ghans!!! Didn't think I would my first one though!!!

Say, where in Iowa are you coming to? I'm here you know. I think we have talked about this but don't remember for sure!!!!

Have a safe trip coming here!!!!

Hi , Diane

Were coming to Iowa the 20th, were from Knoxville I can't wait to see my kids and grandkids :-) I have not been working on my ghan been busy getting ready for our trip, Were about 10 hours from knoxville, I hate the drive lol I have found out one thing these ghans are slow going with single crochets lol

Great work Diane. It looks great from here. I have puckers too by my letters, I was pulling to tight on the stitches. Been to busy to crochet lately. Too busy to be here too. I am exited to see Christie soon, We will crochet together! Hopefully. I am looking forward to when she comes.

We might be going to Tennessee, my father in law passed away. I need to find some one to watch my son, then I can go. I am making my calls. The memorial service isn't until fourth of july, so I have a little time yet. I can crochet in the car on the way if we go in the car, I will have to bring a few projects.

I think I will work on my graph when Christie comes. The other afghanis almost done.

I am going along on my dad's car. I'm about 15 rows from being done with the car, then 5 inches of background, and then the lettering Team Karl's Racing. I still have to graph that part out though. I started planning out a butterfly blanket for my niece and another for my daughter, also a sports ball themed one for my nephew. Making my girst graphghan just opened up so many possibilities!! Maybe I can get a new pic up today. Good luck all!!

Great work Diane. It looks great from here. I have puckers too by my letters, I was pulling to tight on the stitches. Been to busy to crochet lately. Too busy to be here too. I am exited to see Christie soon, We will crochet together! Hopefully. I am looking forward to when she comes.

We might be going to Tennessee, my father in law passed away. I need to find some one to watch my son, then I can go. I am making my calls. The memorial service isn't until fourth of july, so I have a little time yet. I can crochet in the car on the way if we go in the car, I will have to bring a few projects.

I think I will work on my graph when Christie comes. The other afghanis almost done.

So sorry to here about your Father In law. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

waiting patiently to see it!!!!LOL:lol

I am going along on my dad's car. I'm about 15 rows from being done with the car, then 5 inches of background, and then the lettering Team Karl's Racing. I still have to graph that part out though. I started planning out a butterfly blanket for my niece and another for my daughter, also a sports ball themed one for my nephew. Making my girst graphghan just opened up so many possibilities!! Maybe I can get a new pic up today. Good luck all!!

We are around Pleasant Hill area. I think about 45 minutes from Knoxville. I do believe we have discussed this before cause it sounds very familar

These afghans to take much time in single crochet. The one I am planning on after this one I think I will do in double crochet as I don't what to have it around for long!!!!!!LOL

Hi , Diane

Were coming to Iowa the 20th, were from Knoxville I can't wait to see my kids and grandkids :-) I have not been working on my ghan been busy getting ready for our trip, Were about 10 hours from knoxville, I hate the drive lol I have found out one thing these ghans are slow going with single crochets lol

Snapdragon, sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Elvis is done, I should have a couple of pictures up tonight. We were at the NASCAR race on Sunday, so I am totally wiped out. Man that is a lot of walking.:D

Archived