graph afghans single crochet newbies and oldhatters

snapdragon928

Yes Diane, we have talked about it before :-) Who knows maybe someday we will meet each other. Our trips up home are always short :-( My husband works for the school system so most of his time off is during the cold weather months, so this is a treat this time to get home while it's warm. Question? When you make one of the afghans in double crochet does it look as nice as the single crochet? I don't think I have seen one in double crochet. It would be a biggie too lol well i'm off to bed I have a ton off stuff to get ready for our trip. Take care and I will be in touch when I get home. Bye for now!

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my updated pic I promised...a little late, but here it is, lol. I am very pleased with how it is turning out. I can't wait to get the car done and start the lettering. And I really can't wait to give it to my dad!!!

post-13117-135897416786_thumb.jpg

post-13117-135897416788_thumb.jpg

Looks great Kristy! By the way, I got to see Christies afghan up close yesterday and it's a beaut! It's really big too!

Thank You Joann. I am looking forward to seeing Elvis. I just got a book by Pricilla Presley about her life with the King. I once read three books in a month that just happened to have Elvis in them in one way or another. Didn't know it when I began to read them!

We walked the pier yesterday with Christie and her husband and daughter, it was quite a walk. We also went walking through two flea markets, had alot of fun, but I was pretty sore!

thanks everyone!!! I have found a font that I really like that seems to match the font on my dad's racing logo but it is slanted like in italics. I started graphing it but wanted to ask your opinions on if I should use a slanted font or a straight up and down font? A straight font would be "cleaner" but I like the design of the slanted font but not sure if it would translate well in crochet. Do you think a slanted font would look messy? Help!! lol

Maybe one day we can find each other on one of your trips and have lunch or something!!!

I don't think that a double crochet looks as nice as a single crochet. I will see if I can find a pic of any that I have done. When I DC a graph pattern there are only 2 stitches to each square instead of the 4 single c that I usually do. They come out pretty much the same size for me though.

Yes Diane, we have talked about it before :-) Who knows maybe someday we will meet each other. Our trips up home are always short :-( My husband works for the school system so most of his time off is during the cold weather months, so this is a treat this time to get home while it's warm. Question? When you make one of the afghans in double crochet does it look as nice as the single crochet? I don't think I have seen one in double crochet. It would be a biggie too lol well i'm off to bed I have a ton off stuff to get ready for our trip. Take care and I will be in touch when I get home. Bye for now!

post-9755-135897417416_thumb.jpg

This should be a pic of a superman afghan I made a couple of years ago for one of my boys. I made this in Double Crochet.

The stitches are just not as tight with Double crochet as it is in single. The next one I do will be Double just because of time constrants.

Here is where I am at with the ALS awareness afghan. I am at a stand still on it tonight because I need to roll a few more balls of white and I really don't want to do that tonight!!LOL It will get done in a day or so though.

post-9755-13589741742_thumb.jpg

As promised. ELVIS IS IN THE HOUSE! The pic on the left is the right side and the pic on the right is the back side. The border is one row of reverse single crochet done in RHSS Zebra, the rest in done in RHSS White and Black.

post-14378-135897418977_thumb.jpg

post-14378-135897418972_thumb.jpg

JoAnn, outstanding!! You are becoming the graphing queen.

Kristi, what a great blanket. That turned out great. Did you do it in sc or tunsian?

Dianne, love the colors in the blanket. It's coming along great.

I'll get back to my Harley blanket tomorrow. I'm just finishing up the purse/tote swap. I think I got ito too many projects. Well, hopefully by next week, I will had made some progress and get some pics taken.

Everyone's blanket looks so great.

I am going to make it bigger with a border. I might get done with the body of it toda. I am about 13 rows from having the body done!! Not sure how much border. I want it large enough to be a lapghan for my BIL

Very nice, Kristy! I like it so far Dianne, the ALS afghan. Are you going to make it bigger with a border?

Elvis looks pretty good!!!!!!!!!

As promised. ELVIS IS IN THE HOUSE! The pic on the left is the right side and the pic on the right is the back side. The border is one row of reverse single crochet done in RHSS Zebra, the rest in done in RHSS White and Black.

[ATTACH]3703[/ATTACH][ATTACH]3704[/ATTACH]

Here is my updated pic I promised...a little late, but here it is, lol. I am very pleased with how it is turning out. I can't wait to get the car done and start the lettering. And I really can't wait to give it to my dad!!!
Wow, that is amazing!

Looks great Kristy! By the way, I got to see Christies afghan up close yesterday and it's a beaut! It's really big too!

Thank You Joann. I am looking forward to seeing Elvis. I just got a book by Pricilla Presley about her life with the King. I once read three books in a month that just happened to have Elvis in them in one way or another. Didn't know it when I began to read them!

We walked the pier yesterday with Christie and her husband and daughter, it was quite a walk. We also went walking through two flea markets, had alot of fun, but I was pretty sore!

Sorry Dew, I ended up sore too if that makes you feel any better. Maybe I will finish my flag ghan while I am staying with Bobby.

[ATTACH]3472[/ATTACH]

This should be a pic of a superman afghan I made a couple of years ago for one of my boys. I made this in Double Crochet.

The stitches are just not as tight with Double crochet as it is in single. The next one I do will be Double just because of time constrants.

I think it looks really cute

Here is where I am at with the ALS awareness afghan. I am at a stand still on it tonight because I need to roll a few more balls of white and I really don't want to do that tonight!!LOL It will get done in a day or so though.

[ATTACH]3473[/ATTACH]

Awesome job.

[ATTACH]3703[/ATTACH][ATTACH]3704[/ATTACH]

Holy Cow, that is nice.

Kristi, what a great blanket. That turned out great. Did you do it in sc or tunsian?

Hi! If that was for me...I did it all sc. I finished graphing out the letters yesterday for Team Karl's Racing and started on that last night. I have the tail of the g done, lol. I am halfway done, woohoo!!

Elvis turned out great! I am a fan of Elvis.

I want to know, Kristy, what you are using for the back ground of the car afghan.What color of yarn. It looks like a fleck yarn.

Hi! It is Red Heart Buff Fleck. I am making this specifically for my parents' motor home that they bring to the races. I bought this yarn because I thought the black and gray specks in it would hide grease or dirt if any of the guys touched it at the races, lol. :lol

working on the border of the ALS afghan. will take a pic of it when I get it done. I wanted to be done by tomorrow so that I could launder it and put it in a bag (hauling clothes to the laundry mat day is usuallySaturday!!!lOL) And then I would have given it to my mother in law at church on Sunday and she could take it up to my BIL, but, she went up there today. So, I have a few more days to get it done, and then it is gathering yarn and rolling balls for the nebraska afghan!! Have an angel ghan that I bought the pattern and yarn for months ago that I want to work on also.

Archived