graph afghans single crochet newbies and oldhatters

snapdragon928

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure. I think adding the name is a really good idea!!!!!

The personalization is DH idea - he got me started thinking that way a few ghans back...

I started it this morning - got 1 1/2 rows of the MC done:lol

Well, I got to the start of the name on mine last night....and this morning had to frog those 2 rows because I was off by one stitch - leaving it as is would have driven me crazy and would have involved fudging on a letter. Not good. So, I just finished row one - again - back where the letters start..:P

My hubby and I did that one time I thought it was a lot of fun too. Sorry I havn't been in here lately just so much going on right now. I will try to be better. Were coming home to see the kids in Nov. I can't wait to get up north and see everyone.

Let me know if you get close to me!!!!

My hubby and I did that one time I thought it was a lot of fun too. Sorry I havn't been in here lately just so much going on right now. I will try to be better. Were coming home to see the kids in Nov. I can't wait to get up north and see everyone.

Let me know if you get close to me!!!!

I sure will,I think we will only be there a few days, were from Knoxville so thats pretty close to you.Were only going to be there about four days. One time when I have more time I will let you know and maybe we can meet for coffee. How is your ghan coming along? I can't wait to see a picture of it. Have a great day!!!

I am sure we could meet for coffee.

I will pm you my phone numbers and email address.

I am frusterated with my ghan right now. The red is all caron scarlet yarn, but, I had to roll more balls from a different skein cause I didn't have enough. used more then I thought I would. Well, this skein of scarlet is a tad bit darker. If it were for me I would not mind, I know that the friend I am making it for will not even notice. It is the gal he is marrying that I am concerned about.

I sure will,I think we will only be there a few days, were from Knoxville so thats pretty close to you.Were only going to be there about four days. One time when I have more time I will let you know and maybe we can meet for coffee. How is your ghan coming along? I can't wait to see a picture of it. Have a great day!!!

Here is the latest graphed one I am working on. It is a 1st birthday for a friends son. Dad is a huge Boston Red Sox fan. I do have permission to use the Red Sox logo, my friend's brother works for the Sox and got permission for me to use it in the afghan.

post-14378-135897448756_thumb.jpg

Beautiful,Crazycrochet and dilyca2006 !!

Diane did your hubby promise to sew in the ends on this one?? :lol

I finally finished a marilyn monroe afghan I need to post in a few weeks,

To busy getting ready to go hunting now,,, keep hookin!!!

i have a question what sort of hook do you use? I've seen several different sizes online. The pattern i have is not specific about the length. how long are hooks that are used on 'ghans usually?

Right now I am using a regular H hook. My graphgans are all done in sc, so there is no need for a longer hook. The longer hooks are for the afghan or tunisian stitch.

No... He is not doing ends on this one as it was my idea and not his!!! I don't think he would touch this one even if paid!!LOL

Beautiful,Crazycrochet and dilyca2006 !!

Diane did your hubby promise to sew in the ends on this one?? :lol

quote]

I just use a regular sige J hook. I have not tried to do one Tunisian style, although I am thinking about it. I like the Susan Bates Silvalume hooks with the bamboo handle.

i have a question what sort of hook do you use? I've seen several different sizes online. The pattern i have is not specific about the length. how long are hooks that are used on 'ghans usually?

Thank you!!!

Your Ghan looks great!!!!

Thank looks pretty good for a Red Socks afghan!!!LOL

Here is the latest graphed one I am working on. It is a 1st birthday for a friends son. Dad is a huge Boston Red Sox fan. I do have permission to use the Red Sox logo, my friend's brother works for the Sox and got permission for me to use it in the afghan.

[ATTACH]8717[/ATTACH]

• 2 weeks later...
must not be anyone working on this any longer!!

I am posting a pic of the Nebraska afghan so far. I do have a few black ends that need to be tucked in that I was not able to work in as I went. I need better light then we are going to have today, so, the ends will have to wait. Hopefully in a couple of days I will have a picture that is much further along.

[ATTACH]7156[/ATTACH]

I saw the other picture too, where it is done farther, it is great Diane!

I have restarted my afghan of my Grandparents now for like the 5th time. I have done rows 1-10 so far tonight. I am going to try and get to row 14. So I can be ready to begin row 14 tomorrow. We will see though.

Crystal that sounds like it is going to be awesome!!

Elvis did take 1st place at the fair. Here is a picture of how they displayed him. Notice the best of show afghan is only over a quilt rack. There is also a picture of the 1st place sticker. The little pink 3rd place baby afghan in front of it is also mine.

[ATTACH]7345[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7344[/ATTACH]

That Elvis ghan is waaayyy cool! :clap

I have finished mine. I'll just have to place it on a canvas frame and mail it to my friend.
That doggie is too cool! I could not graph my own but.... I will have to try this Todd also

[ATTACH]8717[/ATTACH]

I like that! :)

I have 13 more rows to do and then I can do my border, put my stars on and ..... DONE!! Only been working on this flag ghan off and on for a year, a little more.

Archived