graph afghans single crochet newbies and oldhatters

snapdragon928

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi LS..... to upload a photo you want to "go advanced" when doing a reply. Once there there is a picture of a paperclip for adding things and this will give you the option to browse your computer files for the photo you want. That is the basic explanation and all I know :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Very very nice! I finished my flag afghan.... I am going to attempt to upload a pic. If I can find it. My computer got sick and we just got it back!

post-19337-135897511375_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I'm new to the site. But I have been doing the graph afghans for over 20 yrs. or I like to call them Picture Afghans or Designer Afghans :). I have done quite a few and adding new designs all the time. I'm not sure how the site works but I do have a site you can view them at. I'm also not sure how to add a personal pic to anything so this is as far as I have gotten today :).

I'm new in the area :), can anyone please help me with how to put my patterns up for sale on the site? I do mostly Native American Designer Picture Afghans. Thank-you

post-39549-135897541666_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

So I am *FINALLY* getting started on my Bucs graphgan for my brother's Christmas gift. We ended up putting our place up for sale, selling it, finding a new house and moving =) I finished up a couple of small projects while that process was going on and now I have the time to get to work on this.

So far I have completed 8 rows out of 160. I think it will come out quite fine when it's all said and done. I am using SC for the entire thing. So far I am at the easiest part and already have 3 colors going and 6 balls of yarn. I do think I will need to add a border to it, especially to give it more length. My brother is a big guy, 6'1" and about 300lbs. Once I am finished with the graph part I'll evaluate it and most likely just add some bars of the primary colors and then finish it with the main background color.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow of my progress while it's brighter with the sunlight =)

If this one comes out good I have patterns ready to work on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Care Bears, plus a different Bucs pattern.

Question... should I be working the pattern off the graph from left to right, then right to left, or should row one be right to left than left to right? I didn't like the way my right side was working out when I did my first row from left to right, but the backside was looking pretty good so I think maybe I was doing it backwards. If it makes more sense should right side of my work be even or odd rows? I ripped it all out and am making some extra base color rows for added length. Please help if you can =)

I'm working on an elvis blanket and what I found that works out better is to work through both loops so there is no ridge, and start out working left to right for row one, right to left for row two, and so on and so forth odd rows being the back side of the work and even rows being the front side.

post-37603-135897556086_thumb.jpg

I'm working on an elvis blanket and what I found that works out better is to work through both loops so there is no ridge, and start out working left to right for row one, right to left for row two, and so on and so forth odd rows being the back side of the work and even rows being the front side.

Thank you, that does seem to be working out better. I redid all of what I had done last night because the back sides was ending up looking better than what was supposed to be the right side. I am much more pleased with the results on my progress so far! 8 rows down again (+5 of background color) of 160 +5 to go!

This is working up quickly though and it's so fun!

Here are the first 18 rows (13 on the actual chart, extra 5 for more length)... If you are familiar with the Bucs logo at all you might recognize this as the sword hilt. It's not much, but hey, I am pleased with how it's coming out so far.

post-365-135897556346_thumb.jpg

Here are the first 18 rows (13 on the actual chart, extra 5 for more length)... If you are familiar with the Bucs logo at all you might recognize this as the sword hilt. It's not much, but hey, I am pleased with how it's coming out so far.

looks great so far. I have not tried one yet. Are you just cutting the yarn and weaving in as you go? I want to try one but i'm just to scare to give it a try. I want to do one of the Bears football for my hubby. I'm going to keep a watch on your posting since this is your first one. ;-) You will give me courage.

looks great so far. I have not tried one yet. Are you just cutting the yarn and weaving in as you go? I want to try one but i'm just to scare to give it a try. I want to do one of the Bears football for my hubby. I'm going to keep a watch on your posting since this is your first one. ;-) You will give me courage.

I'm using several balls at once and if I no longer need the color then I cut it and weave it in. I did weave in some ends already just to reduce the chance of tangles. I will post the back when I take pictures tomorrow.

I use the white, till I get to black and just drop the strand of white and pick up the black, then do the red, and so on working back and forth, dropping and picking up as I go, adding new colors as needed and cutting off the ones I don't need for a few rows. It's actually quite fun. I am a little intimidated about the lettering in the pattern. It's going to require a lot of different little balls going at once to avoid carrying colors through the white, which I want to avoid if at all possible.

Oh yeah, I am done with 21 rows so far.

I'm using several balls at once and if I no longer need the color then I cut it and weave it in. I did weave in some ends already just to reduce the chance of tangles. I will post the back when I take pictures tomorrow.

I use the white, till I get to black and just drop the strand of white and pick up the black, then do the red, and so on working back and forth, dropping and picking up as I go, adding new colors as needed and cutting off the ones I don't need for a few rows. It's actually quite fun. I am a little intimidated about the lettering in the pattern. It's going to require a lot of different little balls going at once to avoid carrying colors through the white, which I want to avoid if at all possible.

Oh yeah, I am done with 21 rows so far.

Wow, sounds like you moving right along. I'm excited for you. ;-) I guess the only way to know if i can do it is to jump in and try lol

I will be watching as you go along with yours and cheer you on. Have a great weekend.

Archived