graph afghans single crochet newbies and oldhatters

snapdragon928

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay so I'm a newbie crocheter and trying to understand what this all is? How is this done? Is this simply drawing out a picture and figuring out which stitch goes where? If so, WOW!! I'm not the creative..LOL!

I realy want to learn to do graphghans.. Can anyone mabey point me in the rite direction.. I have a awsome pic of my kids i'd love to make into a afghn.. So

what type of Thread/yarn do we use

and I'd like to do it with SC or HDC as I do not know if iwant to learn Tusc crochet rite now while im trying to learn Knitting lol.

Okay so I'm a newbie crocheter and trying to understand what this all is? How is this done? Is this simply drawing out a picture and figuring out which stitch goes where? If so, WOW!! I'm not the creative..LOL!

Here is a lesson with a free heart graph I placed on You Tube for the double crochet intarsia method. There are five videos step by step.

I have never tried to make my own graphs. I have a friend that makes up the patterns!!! I know that there are some gals here that do make up their own patterns though and you will get some very good advice.

I have done graphs ghans in single, dougle, triple, hdc. I have not done one in tuniscian (sp) as of yet.

I realy want to learn to do graphghans.. Can anyone mabey point me in the rite direction.. I have a awsome pic of my kids i'd love to make into a afghn.. So

what type of Thread/yarn do we use

and I'd like to do it with SC or HDC as I do not know if iwant to learn Tusc crochet rite now while im trying to learn Knitting lol.

Thanks, ladies. I make all of my graphs in sc...with the exception of one I designed myself and made with squares that I assembled.

Here is a lesson with a free heart graph I placed on You Tube for the double crochet intarsia method. There are five videos step by step.

Those are great videos Beth! :clap They helped me alot as I've been looking for something just like them to help me learn how to do the graphghans! You put some very good info on the videos and I am now ready to begin my first graphghan! Thank you so much!:hug:day

Here is the finished Red Sox afghan. I like the way it turned out. I was going to stripe the border, but just decided to do it in red and end it with a reverse sc. The afghan is all done in sc

post-14378-135897462318_thumb.jpg

Here is the finished Red Sox afghan. I like the way it turned out. I was going to stripe the border, but just decided to do it in red and end it with a reverse sc.

[ATTACH]10236[/ATTACH]

Gorgeous!! :clap ...despite the subject matter:lol:lol:lol

It really nice. I like it!!!!!!!

Here is the finished Red Sox afghan. I like the way it turned out. I was going to stripe the border, but just decided to do it in red and end it with a reverse sc.

[ATTACH]10236[/ATTACH]

USMC ghan is finished. It came to 57 by 46 inches and I made a rev sc all around to finish the border.

cowboy graph-ghan is sc tok me about a month to do ...heres a picture

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40400587@N03/ i really like it,infact im doing another one in different colors as i sold the first one! :manyheart

[ATTACH]10236[/ATTACH]

I love them all!!:cheer Nice work ladies.

• 1 month later...

Ladies ladies ladies - I'm not worthy. Never before have I seen so many fabulous afghans. They are all amazing. I love graph ghans and make them all the time but none of mine are as intricate and complex as the works of art I have seen posted here. I truely am in awe of your talents! I am currently working on a Teddy bear ghan for a friend's baby (who was born with Spina Bifida) and a sheep ghan which my friend asked me to mae for her stepdaughter for Christmas. Cant wait to see more of your wonderful creations.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16157112@N05/

Ladies ladies ladies - I'm not worthy. Never before have I seen so many fabulous afghans. They are all amazing. I love graph ghans and make them all the time but none of mine are as intricate and complex as the works of art I have seen posted here. I truely am in awe of your talents! I am currently working on a Teddy bear ghan for a friend's baby (who was born with Spina Bifida) and a sheep ghan which my friend asked me to mae for her stepdaughter for Christmas. Cant wait to see more of your wonderful creations.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16157112@N05/

I just looked at your work and you're doing great! Many of us have been at it a very long time...and I know I'm always learning new little tricks.

Archived