graph afghans single crochet newbies and oldhatters

snapdragon928

:waving Hi Judy Diane and Karen. Thanx Judy! I know, now you are going to pull it out right Diane? Are you kidding Karen? Your work is great! I especially like the Mary retirement afghan!

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gorgeous! I hope my attempt at it comes out halfway decent. I have my graph finally and I have the yarn and I am just waiting until I finish up my Christmas projects so I can dive in on my first SC graph ghan. I am excited and nervous =)

Finally finished this one just in time... It's for my son who just spent a year in Iraq for Christmas. He will be here dec 12. It is the 82nd airborne insignia.

82nd Airborne Army Crochet Graphgan

Hugs

Kath

Beautiful work! Please thank your son for his service:hug

Finally finished this one just in time... It's for my son who just spent a year in Iraq for Christmas. He will be here dec 12. It is the 82nd airborne insignia.

82nd Airborne Army Crochet Graphgan

Hugs

Kath

Nice job, it looks terrific! Thank you and your family for serving our country =) :clap

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, girls.

I have a frog baby blanket to make in the new year. A friend's DD is pregnant (barely) and they're calling the little one "tadpole"...so it was a natural.:lol

I will get back after Christmas. I need to finish the Nebraska afghan and then we found out yesterday that the grandbaby is a girl!!! I have many afghans to make before April for the baby. and some of them are graphs!!

That sounds like it will be cute Judy! "Tadpole" :)

Diane you will get it back out after Christmas right?

I have read this whole thread! I will be starting my first graphghan in the new year. I am terrified... it is going to be a gift for a fairly big shot. I am curious if some of you will post the way the back of your work looks. I have been trying to look up techniques, etc. I found one way where you carry your yarn up rows, etc. I want to make it look as clean as possible. Any suggestions are greatly welcome as I get ready to embark on a new project!!!

Everyone that has posted projects has done a wonderful job!!!!! They look great!!!!!!

Welcome!!!

I don't like to carry yarn. I will from time to time if I am just going up or across a row or two or a stitch or two. When I get the one that I have been working on back out I will post a pic of the back of it. I always make mine big. I like to do either an extended single stitch or a half double for mine. I have never made one with a tunisun hook. Thinking about that this coming year though.

I was terrified to make my first one, but, as I got going I absolutely love them. Have made quite a few over the last couple of years.

I have read this whole thread! I will be starting my first graphghan in the new year. I am terrified... it is going to be a gift for a fairly big shot. I am curious if some of you will post the way the back of your work looks. I have been trying to look up techniques, etc. I found one way where you carry your yarn up rows, etc. I want to make it look as clean as possible. Any suggestions are greatly welcome as I get ready to embark on a new project!!!

Everyone that has posted projects has done a wonderful job!!!!! They look great!!!!!!

If yu dont carry the yarn up rows do you need to have the bobbins or can I just cut off after I am done with the color and then weave the ends in? I am so scared to start this project but so excited at the same time!!!!!!!

Thanks for any suggestions!

I'll get one of the back of the ghan we kept for ourselves so you can see.

Here are front and back of our pet afghan.

The secret is to not carry too much yarn across to another part of the ghan (work over it or cut and use anothe ball for that other section)

post-8552-135897486013_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897486016_thumb.jpg

I have a cake roller and will roll cakes of yarn. Put them in small zip lock type bags. I poke a small hole in one side and pull the yarn out from there. Some do use bobbins. I have not as of yet. When you need to change colors just drop one strand and pick up the other. If you cut after each row you will have tons and tons of ends to weave in.

if you don't know how to change colors there are lots of videos on Youtube that can give you directions.

If yu dont carry the yarn up rows do you need to have the bobbins or can I just cut off after I am done with the color and then weave the ends in? I am so scared to start this project but so excited at the same time!!!!!!!

Thanks for any suggestions!

Here are front and back of our pet afghan.

The secret is to not carry too much yarn across to another part of the ghan (work over it or cut and use anothe ball for that other section)

wow that's awesome. plus I have always wanted to see what the back looks like.

Archived