graph afghans single crochet newbies and oldhatters

snapdragon928

I finally finished! It took me quite a while to crochet this monster! It's about 8 feet long, single crochet and very heavy. I had planned on making it for myself but, I live and travel in an RV and it's just too big. So, this will be a donation to Linus.

On to the next project :hook

Teri

absolutely gorgeous!!!! :manyheart

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, that looks awesome! I was hoping to have my husband's done for Christmas but no such luck. It was originally for his birthday back in May but I had our baby early and didn't have time to finish it.... at least I was able to get some rows in. I'll have to post a picture to show my progress when my husband isn't home, I don't want him to know I've been working on it.

• 4 weeks later...
This is the first picture I've every uploaded so I hope it works.

This is probably the biggest afghan I have worked on. It's single crochet. I'm on row 120 and have 50 more rows to go. It's getting very heavy!

[ATTACH]30248[/ATTACH]

Holy Cow~ or should I say butterfly, that is gorgeous :clap I am still afraid of trying one!

Here's an update on my Bucs blanket. I've completed about 50 rows of 120 on the chart in this picture. I am actually now closer to 60 rows completed. I'm on a roll even though I am at the most complex part of the chart. I was able to bang out 8 rows after I took this picture woohoo!
looks great

My finished graphgan. I forgot to post when it was done. This was a donation to a charity auction for the Maryland Brain Injury Association.

Crocheted Wallhanging using Shepard Fairey's Hope graphic

About half way crocheted

Obama Graph Afghan

This was a wall-hanging, so I steamblocked it into a rectangle and then attached a thick iron-on interfacing to the back. Then I handstitched a pocket to hold a hanging rod. The rod had a nail in either end to hold the hanging chain.

Sounds like a lottt of work!

I finally finished! It took me quite a while to crochet this monster! It's about 8 feet long, single crochet and very heavy. I had planned on making it for myself but, I live and travel in an RV and it's just too big. So, this will be a donation to Linus.

On to the next project :hook

Teri

LLLOOVVVe it!

Almost half way through the Elvis blanket

The first picture is the front, the second is the back.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30229526&l=490b3c49ac&id=201101485

The link is a closeup of the back.

Is it easier with just two colors? Looks like a lot of detail

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried Todd's method (Crochet by numbers) where he cuts and knots off at every color change. Tried it for a few rows and seems like an awful lot of knots and I'm afraid of it coming undone.

I made this for my BIL for Christmas. He asked 2 years ago and I put it off not wanting to try it. I started it halfheartedly in Sept. and finished 2 weeks before Christmas after a mad rush to get it done.

This came out awesome!!!!

Has anyone tried Todd's method (Crochet by numbers) where he cuts and knots off at every color change. Tried it for a few rows and seems like an awful lot of knots and I'm afraid of it coming undone.

I did it making a potholder for a swap. You are suppose to use a square knot to tie it off. I'm thinking its because it's suppose to be a flat knot which won't cause much of a bump when it's covered, and it's suppose to be a pretty secure knot for what it's being used for.

post-37603-135897630062_thumb.jpg

I did it making a potholder for a swap. You are suppose to use a square knot to tie it off. I'm thinking its because it's suppose to be a flat knot which won't cause much of a bump when it's covered, and it's suppose to be a pretty secure knot for what it's being used for.

Beautiful, I love it and it's soo cheery :manyheart

:thairI made one of these, but didn't have the great tip on how to keep things from getting tangled. If I had know that I would have enjoyed it a lot more. So, I'm getting ready to try another one.

I loved the quilt ghans from granny squares on the Happy Yellow House. But, I found out I hate making saltines and sewing them together. I did design my own quiltghans for the saltines but tabled that as those little squares drove me crazy. :thair

so I redid some of the charts as graphghans and I am getting ready to try one out. This is it. So anyway wish me luck. It may be a few days until I get to it. I have to wind some cakes:devil

post-11691-135897630939_thumb.jpg

:thairI made one of these, but didn't have the great tip on how to keep things from getting tangled. If I had know that I would have enjoyed it a lot more. So, I'm getting ready to try another one.

I loved the quilt ghans from granny squares on the Happy Yellow House. But, I found out I hate making saltines and sewing them together. I did design my own quiltghans for the saltines but tabled that as those little squares drove me crazy. :thair

so I redid some of the charts as graphghans and I am getting ready to try one out. This is it. So anyway wish me luck. It may be a few days until I get to it. I have to wind some cakes:devil

That's going to be really pretty.

An idea I got from someone on here that I used and it worked great when I did my graphghan was to put all the skeins in a bin and at the end of the row, put your ghan on the bin, turn the whole thing around and then pick up the ghan backwards and bam, your ready to go :clap It worked great :yes

That's going to be really pretty.

An idea I got from someone on here that I used and it worked great when I did my graphghan was to put all the skeins in a bin and at the end of the row, put your ghan on the bin, turn the whole thing around and then pick up the ghan backwards and bam, your ready to go :clap It worked great :yes

Thanks Marissa. I saw that tip too. I sure wish I'd thought of that when I did the first one. :devil Those tangles just drove me nuts. :lol With that tip to work with, I think these will go pretty quickly. I have a few others done up as graphs and if anyone would like to try one I'll try to get you the chart.

Archived