Poll: What do you want to learn in 2009

What do YOU want to learn this year?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. What do YOU want to learn this year?

• Thread Crochet
    • New stitches
    • Wearables
    • Graphing
    • Other, please tell what.

This year I am determined to break the barrier and make a sweater for myself that FITS. Being round shouldered makes the fit a challenge and of course I seem to "pear out" at the hipline. I love color, lots of color but finding that I really get washed out with the colors that are my favorites.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I desperately want to learn Tunisian. I'd like to attempt something wearable (other than hats and scarves). I really want to do some pattern drafting! I'm making my first afghan this year so I'm really excited about that. I'd like to learn some more stitches, too. And I really want to work on my knitting. I'm re-learning Continental style which is much more natural to me, but it's just not as fast as crocheting. ;)

Ok, the thing I want to learn how to do this year is get a book published. A book with crochet patterns of course. I've already done some research and I know exactly what sort of patterns I'm gonna dream up (design) for the book. That's actually my new years resolution. The few people I've told about it so far have kinda laughed (the "she's only 20 years old. She's crazy" laugh). Anyways, I'm really excited about trying.

Julee

Ok, the thing I want to learn how to do this year is get a book published. A book with crochet patterns of course. I've already done some research and I know exactly what sort of patterns I'm gonna dream up (design) for the book. That's actually my new years resolution. The few people I've told about it so far have kinda laughed (the "she's only 20 years old. She's crazy" laugh). Anyways, I'm really excited about trying.

Julee

Please, you're not crazy! I think it's a wonderful plan. Good luck!

I want to learn how to make socks!! I have never made them and think it would be tons of fun. Am planning on signing up for the sock class in March if there is any way I can.

The other thing I would like to learn is how to fit more crochet time into an already overfull schedule!!!:lol Let's see is there a way to make the days longer, sleep less, hmmmmmmm, I'll keep working on it and let you all know if I come up with some earth shattering solution!! :P

TLOL,

Toni

CroJulee - I agree! You can totally get a book published if you put your mind to it. :cheer

I picked graphing but I wanted to pick several! I really want to learn to graph. I use to do counted cross stitch so it won't be very hard to follow the chart (at least I think it won't!) but that was always starting in the middle and working my way out. I also want to make socks. My DH keeps pestering me about the slippers I never made him but truth be told the only wearables I've ever made were hats and scarves and those aren't really that intense! I want to get the pineapple stitch down also. And try tunsian cables. I have patterns picked out for all of these so it should be fun. Now I jsut have to get my hand to doing it.

Julee

I think that sounds like an excellent idea, and very achievable. People that laugh are just jealous of your talent. I am sure you will get a book published soon.

I want to learn the following in crochet this year:

• Making socks
  • Graph-ghan
  • Working with thread
  • Filet
  • Clothing (other than scarves & caps I learned how to do those in 2008)
  • Get one of my original patterns published I don't even care about making money just the idea of seeing my name & pattern in print.

First I'd like to learn how to finish more projects than I don't. I'd also like to try something wearable (that's not a hat, scarf, or socks).

I want to learn how to crochet with both hands like carol ventura when she does her graphs. I've tried it lefty and I don't know if I can do it.

That's the only thing in my life I'm ambidextrious (spelling?) at. I didn't understand that to turn the item meant to physically turn it around at first. I thought it meant the hook. I couldn't figure out how to turn and go backwards right handed. So I did it left handed :lol I'm not sure I could do the beginning chain, but I can do the rest left handed.

I wanna do graphing, but I tried it the other night and it came out SO bad! I mean, BAD. I don't know if I'll try again, it was depressing. I'd also like to learn symbols in crochet too...yeah.

For people wanting to learn Filet Crochet, you can do it in yarn as well as thread. Just mentioning that as my only filet experience was an afghan from Afghans for All Seasons Book 1 and it was done in yarn. Looked really nice, yet wasn't complicated.

I'm probably just overstating the obvious, but it does look nice in yarn too. :)

I want to learn how to make socks, and would like to make a jacket or sweater for me. I am finally getting better at the increases and decreases, so I think I can...I think I can!!

• 3 weeks later...

I voted wearables because I am still determined to make myself a sweater coat plus I do want to learn some new stitches haven't figured out which ones yet

Julee

Don't EVER listen when someone laughs at your dreams! :no I can tell you that, cause I listened to naysayers when I was your age, telling me I was crazy... I let it die, until this year! YOU GO, GIRL! You can do it!:cheer:cheer

I would like to learn how to make a hat that flatters me, how to finish more things I start, and how to be more confident in my ability. Oh! and I want to crochet as fast as I used to:crocheting

:cheer Great thread! These replies are reminding me what I want to do :lol

I have a list of Things to Make, but I never thought of making a list of Things to Learn. Thanks so much for the idea!

On my list will be entrelac, Tunisian, and socks. I've started a sock and it's really interesting.

Archived