Poll: What do you want to learn in 2009

What do YOU want to learn this year?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. What do YOU want to learn this year?

• Thread Crochet
    • New stitches
    • Wearables
    • Graphing
    • Other, please tell what.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to learn to curb my "STARTING " of projects ,and get more under control in finishing them . It seems everytime I see a new pattern that I like, I go buy the stuff to make it and START it.

Before long, I START something else , etc, etc ...

It's just a vicious cycle, because then I have like 18 afghans sitting here that have 3 hours of work done on them, and none nowhere near completion .

THEN, I get frustrated with so many things going, and get overwhelmed .

So, that would be my one wish. I would LOVE to start one thing ,complete it, then buy the equipment for the second, and no more until it was done .

• 1 month later...

There wasn't a choice for graph AND thread ;) I have never crocheted with thread before, so I think it would be cool to try making something. I have also never tried graph crochet, and I've seen some REALLY pretty projects, so I'd really like to try it :D

i have a great book of doilies and pineapples butit is all in symbols and to this point I just don't get symbol crochet. So my goal is to finish the bears i am comitted to finishing and then tackle one of the patterns.

I'd love to do a graph afghan. My issue with the whole thing is I can't figure out where to find a picture that I can turn into a .jpg or whatever form needed to download at Knit Pro. I see images but they aren't in the right forms.

Donna

i would like to learn how to post my picture of the spike stitch square i've finish.

I don't know how to post yet,and also learn more new patterns.and welcome all new comers and older ones too.

Patience. Patience. I'm still trying to learn that. It's so not working for me. I'm trying. Cables would be a dead tie with patience but somehow patience must come before the ability to make a cable. It's really not fair. See how the two conflict? Everytime I take a deep breath and start over and try to learn cables it gets ugly. So... tomorrow is another day! :lol

anna

I want to learn how to make my own pattern. Even if it is for something simple...just something that I can do and say "I made that up". This is a huge goal for me since I have never made anything w/o a pattern except for a dishcloth and it was only doubles in the back stitch to give it ribbing. So, BIG goal for me.

There are a few things I want to learn this year. One is how to do front post double crochet. I already know how to do back post but can't seem to figure out how to do front post! Very frustrating!

I also want to learn more about Tunisian crochet. I taught myself how to do it, but I have not done anything tricky, like changing colors or anything bigger than a swatch about six inches wide. I would like to take on a larger project, like an afghan.

I would also like to kearn how crochet with beads in it! Some of the things I've seen have been absolutely gorgeous, and I WISH I could do it!

I know there are other things. I'll edit my post as I think of them.

There is a tank top that I've really wanted to make, so hopefully I can do that before it starts getting really warm here in Michigan. But after reading stuff from everyone about how they have had trouble with the sizes making clothes.. I'm a little nervous! haha.

I decided just yesterday that I have to learn entrelac crochet!!! I must! I must! :lol

I choose other. I want to try new motif patterns. Learning new stitches would be O.K. too. I like to design my own things too. I also want to get all my patterns into a booklet form soon.

Ellie 13

• 4 months later...

Archived