2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

I seem to be able to stay around that zero mark which is a major step in the right direction for me.

Congratulations to all our winners from gold, silver and bronze and bestest (envious) wishes for our shoot the mooner :dreaming

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-164 Daugherty4inNC SHOOT THE MOON and object of much jealousy.

:laughrollIndeed! My mom went to her AC Moore, but only bought herself three skeins of yarn.

Patty, who is most certainly jealous of Daugherty4inNC being the lucky recipient of so much fiber love

I finished the 4th bunny and finally rolled down that pounder :yay (+1). I'm going to start the Mystery CAL where you get part of the pattern each day. Should use up some balls. I've seen how some of the others are doing and it looks like some kind of lacy basket. I've got some nice blues that will be good for it.

WTD: + 1 YTD: + 45

Ellie 13

I bought 2 new balls of #10 thread today at the thrift store. I couldn't pass them up for a dollar for both so -4 to start out the week but I have a few balls that I can finish this week and maybe some more. we'll see. :hook

Well I just got about 2 garbage bags full of yarn from my grandma I counted them up 72skeins total and 19 balls so for the week-91 gotta love my grandma though for giving me all that yarn but that means my score will be horrible this week

Well I just got about 2 garbage bags full of yarn from my grandma I counted them up 72skeins total and 19 balls so for the week-91 gotta love my grandma though for giving me all that yarn but that means my score will be horrible this week

Nope not -91 Each skein counts for 2 points in the negative and each ball counts for 1 negative points. Your score will be a lot more horrible than you realized. But on the upside you will be the object of a lot of envy and jealousy in here all week...:D I can't actually say I am jealous because of the amount of :yarn that my mother just bought me from AC Moore, but I totally understand. Think I'm going to be living in the negative for awhile. :hug:yay

well I had to go to Micheals yesterday to get a skein of RH soft white, and then of course there was all this lovely yarn wanting to jump into my cart. I have to admit, I did allow a couple of extra skeins in, so I go up to the register to check out, and low and behold, the computer systems in the store went down. I am like standing there witing and waiting, and I realize I could be there for hours, and I am like, I came in for a single skein of yarn. So I put the yarn back ( yes I walked all the way to the back of the store and put all of it away ) And then I left, and went to AC Moore just two blocks away. Walked in and bought the one skein of yarn I actually needed. And it was on sale. So this week is -2 for me. Good news is, A friend from Church, Elaine.... she is the receptionist at the Church, came in to the shop the other day and as we were talking asked if I had any yarn scraps or small balls that I didn't need. It seems another woman at the church crochets for charity and is in need of unwanted yarn. So I went through my stash quick yesterday and grap a bag full of scrap yarns and some full skeins of colors I won't be using to give to her. She is going to be stopping over today to pick it up. I am going to have to check all of it to see just how much I am going to be gifting here. I didn't exactly count it all yestrday when I was putting it aside.

hmmmm just when and grabbed the yarn out of my car and counted it, there are 9 partial almost full skeins of yarn and 7 skeins of ***** yarn in that bag. She said color didn't matter. So this week I am +19

Hi All!

Sorry I didn't get to post this week...my crummy internet went down again...:(

but its all okay since I wouldn't have won the "Shoot the Moon" award anyway...:blush

:cheeryeah Daugherty4NC Congrats on all the lovely yarn! :cheer

oh btw, my scores would have been wtd:-114 ytd: -67:think

but atleast on Sunday I finished a baby blanket I was working on and used up 1 skein and enough to roll the other into a ball so...so far this week +3 (ytd:-64)

I just can not resist clearance yarn, so my week is starting out in the negative. I bought 14 skeins of yarn, but on a positive note I used two skeins up yesterday so that helps a little. (YTD) -24 (WTD) -24

I searched my stash and I didn't have a Wool-ease red skein that I needed for a little knitted apple hat that I want to make for the county fair. So I picked up one at Hancock today. And that's all I bought!

I'm at a -4 but I will work really hard and see if I can get in the positives this week.

:manyheart

-62 econ-nerd

-63 CraftyWitch

-75 Mandii

-112 Daugherty4inNC

-393 CroJulee SHOOT THE MOON!

Oh my! I'n not doing so well in the yearly count! I'll have to keep busting and quit buying! :lol Well at least I'll try!

i started the second pink abc afghan. i was able to use up a ball that i had. it only lasted for 2 rows (very small ball) but it is another+1 to the positive this week. i am knitting baby hats and washcloths now and they are a lot slower for me.

I am crocheting as fast as I can and I am even finishing WIPs :eek :eek :eek

I did manage to finish a skein today on an old WIP - it's a circle sweater - and I will likely finish at least one more on it. :yay

I made a neat hat (go Hat a Week Cal) but it didn't use the full skein so now I am making a keyhole scarf (go 12 scarves Cal) to finish that WIP and the skein :sigh

But it is all just too much fun for one person to have. I was going to say that I should be paying someone to have this much fun but I don't want to give our governments any new ideas :rofl

Archived