Facebook

Amethyst Mist

:wavingHowdee from Nashville, TN. This is tnkycrochetnut:turtle. I'm on Facebook and have been just about a month now. I belong to these groups: Proud to Crochet, Crochetville Friends, Crochetville LLC, The Andy Griffth Show, and Love Sudoku. A friend here in Nashville suggested I join as she had found a friend from a long time ago. I thought maybe I could find some of my former classmates from elementary, junior high, and high school. Well no former classmates, but one friend and her two daughters that I had lost touch with. Also its a great way to keep in touch with my two great nieces and a lot of my friends here in Nashville. I don't have to worry about calling them at a bad time. I just drop them a quick message via Facebook. On Facebook I'm Kathy Dean Monzon.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been on facebook for a few months but I am not crazy about it except that I can keep in touch with my family in Norway and have met more of my family from over there.

I guess I just don't get it.

A friend sent me an invite the other day, and I had to join to see her profile. Now she keeps sending me friend recommendations, and I don't even know those people!

I can understand a blog, and I understand that there are some things that twitter would be helpful for, but I just don't get facebook or myspace. I prefer for my details to be private, and it seems like putting too much "out there" might even be dangerous.

I have a myspace account just so I can check up on my kids. I don't update it or put details in it. Same with facebook. It's just an account that doesn't do anything for me.

Can anybody explain the craze? Is it just fun to create news articles about yourself? If so, why not a blog?

Facebook really helps me keep up with classmates and social events. I also use it to keep in touch with my family. I think it's a lot more streamline than myspace so that's why I deleted my myspace account and kept the facebook one. :)

I'm in the Crochetville group, too.

I keep in touch with my family with MSN or Yahoo Mainly. We can even cam there. And actually talk. Mostly with e mail tho.

My family in Norway is different tho, I have met many more thru facebook but then we met but don't keep in touch there.

Yep!!! It sure does. I found some classmates from 1st grade. I couldn't believe how many I found. I just signed up last night.

Carol:hook

Facebook really helps me keep up with classmates and social events. I also use it to keep in touch with my family. I think it's a lot more streamline than myspace so that's why I deleted my myspace account and kept the facebook one. :)

I'm in the Crochetville group, too.

I'm on Facebook and MySpace...I didn't "get" either of them for a long time...still am not that much of a fan of MySpace, but Facebook is becoming more fun for me...many of my online friends are there from other places, some of my friends from years ago, and family too...one thing I really like about it is that if I'm there and online, I can have chats there with other people, which is almost every day and that's nice.

But when I first joined FB, I just did.not.get.it! If all it was was a bunch of games and poking your friends but very little communicating, why bother? But recently I've discovered it's more than that...and I'm glad...

• 1 month later...

This is so funny, I just went looking at crochet groups on FB a few days ago and didn't find the Crochetville one or I would have joined right away, will have to do when I get home tonight.

I am on facebook but no one can get to me unless I want them too. I have my family on there and several of them are in Norway so will most likely never meet them but we can keep in touch there.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I "get it" now. I received an invitation awhile back and joined. I've been slowly playing around with it, and it's a neat way to stay in touch with a lot of people. I've got a good list of friends now, and there's always something new popping up. It's also a great way to find friends and family who have slipped away with time. I found a cousin I haven't talked to in years and years. That's neat!

So I'm a convert. I like it now! :)

I'm on Facebook, I love it, to me it's much easier than Myspace. I use it for everything now and have my privacy setting for friends only. Even my hubby is on Facebook and has figured it out and he is one who really did not get into this kind of thing. I love playing Yoville and Farm Town on there when I am not crocheting. Anyone else playing those games on FB?

I'm on Facebook, I love it, to me it's much easier than Myspace. I use it for everything now and have my privacy setting for friends only. Even my hubby is on Facebook and has figured it out and he is one who really did not get into this kind of thing. I love playing Yoville and Farm Town on there when I am not crocheting. Anyone else playing those games on FB?

:eek I am so addicted to farmtown and superpoke pets so is my hubby. ahahhaaaaaa just got into yoville. lol last night hubby goes in there and I show him all the stuff he can buy for his apartment he was cracking me up then he has some friends with homes lol wow I didnt know it was that complexed ahaahahahahhahaa To think we are all adults ahaahahahaha

Yep!!! It sure does. I found some classmates from 1st grade. I couldn't believe how many I found. I just signed up last night.

Carol:hook

WOW the first grade!! that had to be exciting!!

I found Facebook a few months ago and am trying to spend some time on there. I have found friends I haven't seen since elementary school. I just found this thread and learned of the Crochetville group. I am now a member!

• 1 month later...

I'm on there too but I don't do much. I posted both my married and maiden names in hopes of finding old school friends. So far no one's been looking for me. Does that make me feel missed or what????

:shrug

Archived