Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats!

I'm also hoping to get back to mine now, since the holidays (or more importantly, the flurry of holiday gift making) are now past. Looking forward to the photos.

cheers - tbird

• 2 weeks later...

DSC00010.jpg

Finally able to get the picture from the cell phone to the 'puter. :hook Unfortunately, the clarity of the picture as taken from the cell phone isn't nearly as good as the clarity from my camera (which I found ten minutes after my in-laws left for Tennessee). But this will have to do.

I guess I'm hooked on this. I'm making another one..this one for DH. Since I don't want him to know about this, I'm limited to working on this at work and when he's not home. So I gave myself a finishing time of our anniversary...which is in November.

Lady that is just wonderful. Your colours are really pretty.

I would like to know what you are going to use next time too.

I still love this and haven't given up on it. :sigh

Thanks for the good word, y'all. :)

A few things.

1) My first was done in simple Red Heart Super Saver. Bernet and Gemstone.

2) I'm using Super Saver for this one as well. Sunshine Print for the light varigated and Candy Print for the dark varigated.

I'm allowing a lot of time for this. I'll have a lot of projects going at the same time. I'm also doing the yo-yo afghan, and I'm trying my hand at the amigurimi CAL as well. Years ago, I've made stuffed animals in a style similar to amigurimi. I guess I was amigurmi when amigurmi wasn't cool.:P

Yep, it's lovely.

Mine's "done" enough to use as a lap throw, but I still want to do a couple of rounds of embellishments around the outside. But I've gotten kinda distracted. Must ... get ... back ... to ... window ...

t.

Yep, it's lovely. But I've gotten kinda distracted. Must ... get ... back ... to ... window ...

t.

You read my mind Tina.

This is timely because it does call me back to finish this thing

Ok you talked me into it...ive dug it out and am now staring at it thinking to myself what were you thinking :think

I will put away the Grandmas flower garden and end this monster.Yep...i will do it this time...maybe.....

I dug this afghan out again after the holidays and am now on Second Section Rnd 19. I see alot of ends coming, any suggestions how to avoid this? All you ladies that have finished this may have a better way or easier way to do the next steps.

Thanks for your input.

Leta

The only thing I can think of , is to wind up 16 seperate balls of the black and use each in order as they come for the 16-5dc black stitches. That way I don't have to cut etc. I am already doing this with the light varigated yarn. Any thoughts?

Leta

I carry the yarn behind the other stitches...so much easer for me.

Darski

Sorry you are having problems...did you do the puffs??I didn't and it made a big difference in how they turned out,i found that the whole thing went together better then if i had done the puffs.I also used the same size hook through it all.

I will try to get a photo up later tonight so you can see what i have so far.

As much as I could, I worked over the ends as I moved onto the next sections, if you see what I mean...it was kind of a pain, but I found that anything else made the sections too bulky.

• 1 month later...

I hope that Annie's will re-release this leaflet this year. I read somewhere that it might be considered.....oh one can only HOPE.......

Don't know if I could actually make this, but I sure would like to try. It's gorgeous and my hats off to all of you that have made it or are in the process of making it.

• 1 month later...
Can anyone point me in the direction of this pattern? I would really LOVE to join the CAL. 'Course, I may be biting off more than I can chew. I always seem to pick the projects that are huge and a bit beyond my skill level.

The pattern is in the booklet Annie's Attic Award-Winning Afghans which is now out of print. Occasionally someone will sell the booklet on Ebay. I've seen Ebay bids go as high as $75. :eek Good luck in your search.

• 1 month later...

Rest assured..... they will go much higher by the time the auctions end. I have the book but I've become somewhat of a professional watcher of this pattern book .... just to see what it continues to go for.

Archived