Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

Yay...this CAL is moving again :yayI was going to stay in the ME one becouse i thought this one was dead.

My DH bought my colors for me but i just couldn't get into them so i am secretly making him a afghan out of those...i went today and got some new ones....for the millions time :P I hope to start it tonight but not sure yet.

Julie

Its so great that you are going to try it....it not a hard pattern...the worse part is picking yarn that matches...i have tried so many colors that i have a bucket full of variegated.You have to really like your colors to keep going.

Tabby

What colors are you thinking of???

Pam

How far are you??I love your colors and the kitty is cute to.

Lisa

I hope you get well soon...i hate being sink.

Becky

Welcome to the group!!!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:cheer Yeah Becky !

Now, to agonize over color choices

Yeah.. I did that for days...then once sitting down and crocheting.. it all went up in smoke. :blush Tried several different colors.. and ended up far from where I started.

Now I need another project for all that newly purchased pre-CRW yarn. :sigh

Shaylen..

:cheeryeah.. another voice of experience ! I'm gonna need lots of that.

Emily :cat says thank you very much.

I just now finished the first little triangles and am pretty sure I will be able to -carry yarn along under the color being worked. :scared ?

I've tried a tiny swatch..but will it work when counting stitches and staying with a pattern..gulp... need cookies first. ;)

Pam

I wouldnt say experience unless its the experience of starting and stopping :lol

I dont make the triangles,i crochet around and add them in as i go...lots less work that way.As for carrying the yarn behind the other stitches...thats pretty easy once you get going just make sure your lighter color is way down behind the darker color so it doesn't show on the front.

I think the farthest i have gotten on one is almost to 3rd section...but just could not get into the colors i was using so stopped.

Well off to the store for the last minute Christmas dinner stuff.

Shay~I have no idea on colors yet. It'll be a couple weeks before I get to the store to buy them. I have to wait for the pockets to build back up after the holidays robbed them. :lol I'll do lots of thinking about until then. ;)

Reminds me....

Julie~Have you picked colors yet? :yarn

Tabby

I know that one...this year it didn't cost me as much since i only have my 13 year old at home so i got off pretty easy compared to what it use to cost me with all 4 of them.So my DH and i got a few things we have been needing and wanting.

Yes Julie...inquiring minds want to know???

:ctreeMARRY CHRISTMAS EVE EVERYONE!!! :ctree

I've ordered my pattern from Annie's Attic - not so patiently waiting for it to arrive. Once it has, I will most likely join this CAL.

Does anyone here feel sorry for those people selling the pattern on Ebay? NOw that the pattern is back in print, they won't be able to get those outrageous prices for it. Awwwwwww, how sad !!

Pam- well, congratulations on the 2 year anniversary of being in the ville. You are one of the "oldies but goodies" like me ! :lol

It sounds like you are a certified crocheter now, with lots of practice behind you, lots of projects not yet completed and lots of yarn laying there waiting on you .

You now should have the graduation cap for Crochet . :graduate

Welcome to the other new people just signing in to give this pattern a try ! I think we may all need to lean on each other to do this one, it certainly looks challenging, but if we all work together, we can do it .

As for everyone asking about colors- I really have no clue at this point. Since I dont have the pattern yet, I'm not even sure what amounts of what colors you need. it does look like you need black ,but that color may even be interchangeable.

I need to take time to leaf through all these posts and take a look at some of the pictures people have posted of theirs .

I have a little trouble with variegated yarns, since I think they are all pretty in the SKEINS, but when I make something with them, I never think they look as pretty .

So, I'm not yet sure on colors, but will do some thinking on it.

This should be a great way to kick off 2008 ! :hook

I really wish someone would've posted all the finished one's together. Maybe after Christmas i'll have time to go through them & post some together so we can look at them all. It may hel with choosing colors for those of us *clears throat* that have problems choosing. I have to go bake a cake right now.

Hello ladies this is on my calendar to do for 2008. I started it way back when but didnt like the colors and still not too sure what I am gonna try this time. I agree with Julie as I too find tons of varigated that I love on the skein but when it comes time to put it together I dont like how it turns out. I have the choco cherry still which I think would be pretty using brown instead of black and also the white could stay but not sure what the other varigated could be with that. will have to hunt around a bit I think.

th_Picture011.jpg

DH picked out these colors. Im not sure how it will look when Im finally done, but he likes them and that makes me happy.

The octagon doesnt relly look much like it has 8 sides, but if you inspect closely, you will see that there are. And the pentagon also doesnt seem to be really 5-sided. I think, however that once the pieces are assembled that they will look right.

I also decided to go with the double stranded "3-D" look.

:cheer

I like it !

In fact I really like the idea of this being a warm, cuddly classic..in addition to the ones being made more as umm:think art ?

I'm started on the spoke area.. and finding how thick it turns out. Sooo...this would be a great couch blankie too.

Oh....yes, mine started out looking the same way. Not to worry. :hug

As for carrying the yarn behind the other stitches...thats pretty easy once you get going just make sure your lighter color is way down behind the darker color so it doesn't show on the front.

It's coming along.:crocheting

As I got further , I figured out little tricks. A tiny tug as I finish each color straightens it out.. not ruffled like some...and by studying.. I found how to hold each color front or back.. so the afghan and skeins stay straight.

It's all good. :cheer

You now should have the graduation cap for Crochet .

Why thanks for the little cap Julie ! It must be offical now.. I'm worthy of being commited. :heehee

So far.. there's nothing I can't figure out... as far as colours.. I'm betting green !:flower

<admires Pam's hat>

Andrea the colors that DH picked are RH Painted Desert and RH Aspen Print. In stead of black Im using the RH Dark Sage and in stead of the white is some creamy color. I need to find that bag. (I cleaned the bedroom where my stash has take over...kind of like the tribbles in an old Star Trek episode.) So, I put things away and now I need to take everything out again to find the light color...when I get to it.

I looked at the parts about holding the colors behind, and until I actually do it, it seems kind of confusing.

I would like to wish you all a wonderful Holiday

Archived