Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

I've got to say, some of the other patterns in that book are hideous! I do love the water lily one. I like that one better than the cathedral one.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greetings, and welcome, Lulu!

The leaflet was published by Annie's Attic in 1996, and it's out of print. It's called Award-Winning Afghans, leaflet #878301.

Most people seem to get their copies through eBay and similar venues, but because the pattern is so popular, it often goes for a high price. US $60 is not an uncommon amount for this pattern.

I hope you find it! Be sure to introduce yourself over in the Town Hall. Here's the link:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

:bounce ~ Joy

Im also looking for this pattern, have been on ebay and can't believe what they want for them. If anyone knows of somewhere else I can get this it would be great. Just give me a holler on email Allykatz47@comcast.net

And by the way have been looking at all the ones that you all did and they are just MARVELOUS.

My sister showed me a picture of this afghan and is begging me to make it for her from the picture. I might be able to do something, but I'd rather have the pattern, as I think the stitching part will take long enough. Does any one have a copy they could lend me or sell?

I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me find this pattern. I called Annie's Attic and they don't have it anymore. She's promised me a quilt in exchange for me making the afghan, and I've been nagging for a quilt for years!

Thanks!

Pam

Well, maybe I'm nuts, but I ran across some beautifully colored pearl cotton in 3/2 weight and I was wondering if anyone has ever tried making this in such a thin gauge? Does anyone have any experience using pearl cotton on a large project. I've used it to embroider, so I'm wondering how it will hold up if I decide to crochet with it. This piece is going to be framed and hang on a wall, so what does everyone think of this crazy idea?

Well, maybe I'm nuts, but I ran across some beautifully colored pearl cotton in 3/2 weight and I was wondering if anyone has ever tried making this in such a thin gauge? Does anyone have any experience using pearl cotton on a large project. I've used it to embroider, so I'm wondering how it will hold up if I decide to crochet with it. This piece is going to be framed and hang on a wall, so what does everyone think of this crazy idea?

someone did start this in thread (#10 I think) it was going nicely at one point but I have lost track of the progress from our little flourish.

• 2 weeks later...
Is anyone here just starting this or still working on it? I was getting ready to start it soon (I just now found yarn that I like) and just wanted to see how many people were still working on it and checking this thread.

I am but haven't worked on it in several months. I'm about halfway finished. I used Paton's Canadiana WW yarn.

I am making this in thread, and am very close to the end, but, unfortunately, have run out of thread in my main colour. I haven't been able to go and buy some more, and as a result, have got caught up in another project.

I am making this in thread, and am very close to the end, but, unfortunately, have run out of thread in my main colour. I haven't been able to go and buy some more, and as a result, have got caught up in another project.

Wow. How big will it be? Did you follow the pattern the same way as you would have if using yarn? We'd love to see photos!!!!

WOW! I can't even imagine this! I would love to see pictures.

I don't have any recent picture, but I will try and post one which I had taken earlier. It is really going to be a miniature version. I followed the pattern, but made good use of all the hints and help provided by the other members of this CAL, and eliminated most of the sewing, and constant fastening off and joining.

Is anyone here just starting this or still working on it? I was getting ready to start it soon (I just now found yarn that I like) and just wanted to see how many people were still working on it and checking this thread.

Well..... if they're not just yanking my chain, I shall hopefully be starting this up in the Spring :hook ----> Good news regarding the pattern

Well..... if they're not just yanking my chain, I shall hopefully be starting this up in the Spring :hook ----> Good news regarding the pattern

I read your other thread and I think we should all buy lottery tickets! It's wonderful news if it's true ... and it might be because, you might remember, they had one of the patterns from that book as a daily free pattern on AA. Maybe they monitored the response and could tell how many people downloaded it and made their decision, in part, based on that.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good Morning.

I have read all 88 pages of this folder and I have been awed by the work and creativity that has gone into these afghans.

The Cathedral Rose bug has bitten and I have the pattern and I plan to start on this just as soon as I choose the colors, which seems to be the first hurdle that everyone must clear.

As I look at the master products, I wonder what colors you all have chosen.

I see the beautiful afghan that was made by Drew the Crochet Dude and I would love to know what his colors were.

There was a stunning ‘ghan in red (the date on the picture is 9/5/05 – I think).

I believe that it was tbird who wanted to make a garden afghan.

Please please if any of you have the time, could you post a picture of what you did and then let us know the yarns/color that you used.

I thank you all for your time and for sharing your creative brilliance

I started this and got to the third section I think. it was the pentagons that did me in. Mine were 2 inches too small and I crochet loosely. If I did more rounds, it would throw off the stitch count and without more rows they didn't fit.

I have not given up on the idea of finding my own way with this but it is on hold for now.

Darski, would it be possible to add the stitches in to make it 'fit' but when you sewed the pieces together, to stitch some together - as in a sort of decrease? Since I havent even started, I dont begin to know if that sort of idea is feasible or not.

I think I might go with the Moda Dea metro - Santa Fe color - IF I can find enough inexpensively.

I would like to hand this in my living room which had had one bare wall for years. The furniture is black with a tan chair and maple furniture. Im hoping to make something bright and vivid; Red or blue.

Archived