Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At long last I have managed to post a photo in the Yahoo group page. I am feeling thrilled about this because this is the first picture I have ever posted anywhere. Please take a look, and tell me what you think.

Hi amdm,,,link to the page please... I couldn't find it over in yahoo cathedralwindowCAL ·Cathedral Window CAL

I would love to see your rose color cathedral window.

Joining the ygroup is easy and I don't like to leave those things open to just anyone

I do belong to the group I just can't find the picture. I am not doing the cal but love to read how everyones coming along...

I am sunnywolfgar7 there..

I do belong to the group I just can't find the picture. I am not doing the cal but love to read how everyones coming along...

I am sunnywolfgar7 there..

duh,,,, I feel so silly :embar here... I went back to yahoo group looked around again seems like for the 10th time...and there on the left side is Photo. Once I click on that I see the pictures. I didn't know that Photo was over there on left side of the page... I love seeing everyones crochet :hook ffp over there.

At long last I have managed to post a photo in the Yahoo group page. I am feeling thrilled about this because this is the first picture I have ever posted anywhere. Please take a look, and tell me what you think.

Finally found the pictures...Wow I love that~~` its well done and very pretty...nice work of art you did. I love all the colors you crocheted with !!!

With thread about how long did it take you on-off working on it?

sunnywolfgar - Thanks so much.As for how long it took me, I started on the 15th of September, and the picture shows how far I had got on the 4th of October, when I had to stop due to running out of thread. I haven't yet got my new supplies, perhaps tomorrow. I hate not being able to get on with this, it is such an interesting pattern.

I Now, if I just make them bigger to fit the current crisis then

I am going to be off from this point on anyway.

Just wanted to say I read somewhere not sure where cause I have been reading this and keeping up with everyones from here crochetville and yahoo groups. anyways someone also mention a while back that they had a hard time getting the heptagon-s to fit like you was saying but someone said they went up to a bigger crochet hook size 1 or 2 sizes up and then they came out to fit nicely. Then go back down to the size crochet hook you was crocheting with.

Hi all!

Hows eveyone doing? I'm still at it here. Almost ready(I think:eek ) for the peaks and valleys and pyramids. I saw Kelly's award winning ghan on the yahoo site! It really looks great. Y'all should check it out if you haven't already:cheer !

Anyway, I thought I'd post to let everyone know this isn't a UFO and I'm still at it!

Cheers:hook :yarn

I'm still here and working on it. I'm doing the heptagons or whatever they're called but haven't attached them yet. I'm trying to do at least a little bit everyday as I don't want this afghan to turn into a UFO!

i am working in the second of the three rows before the 2nd set of popcorn. does that make sense? i had to get my eyes dilated this afternoon and i'm a bit queasy and disoriented. i *hate* getting my eyes dilated.

i couldn't decide which color to make this row before the popcorns, so i went with my favorite *two* colors: the electric blue variegated that i used for the last "before the popcorns" rounds, and some lovely lavender. it was a little tricky figuring out what to do with carrying *two* colors as well as the working yarn, a little too much like braiding, but it was worth the effort. i *love* how it works.

i'll try to get a photo online. my camera's off for repairs :-( but there's always my cellphone.

hugs, tbird

hoping dinner makes me feel better so i can go back to crocheting...

Yes Tina, your description makes perfect sense, to me at least! I'm no fan to dilation either and luckily, it passes!

Birdlady, glad to hear you in Heptagon heaven, lol!! I'm with you on that one two!

I will post a pic this week although I really would like to replace my dark varigated with something else! I need to experiment some, thats all there is to it!

Have a great week all!

Cheers:cheer

I'm on the heptagons as well, and has been there for over a week now. However, I'm also in the beginning felting crochetalong, so that's taking priority right now. But I still have a little over half of the hepts completed and attached (I attach as I go along).

Birdlady, glad to hear you in Heptagon heaven, lol!! I'm with you on that one two!

What's nice about the heptagons, of course, is that they're carry-alongs. So since my boss is out of town for a few days, guess what I'm doing:P . I still have about five or six to go.

Hi all - the cold that I caught, and recovered from, and apparently passed to my dear David, has come back today with a vengeance. There was so much I wanted to do today! But all I've managed between naps is drinking a lot of tea and making popcorns:)

It's a good thing that I LOVE how the little buggers look, cos *wow* they're slow. And at least since my head's full of phlegm, I'm in no state to be easily bored :(

Had to take my camera in for repairs, but I'll see if David can take some pictures tomorrow. I'm going to have to start taking more closeups. It's definitely too large to fit comfortably in a close photo.

I've been thinking a lot about the small heptagons, and how to finish things up. In the "Cathedral of Trees" vision, the outer rows represent the stuff actually growing on the ground: grass, moss, violets, crocuses and daffodils. The outer edge as written is black and kinda heavy looking...so I'm pondering modifying the heptagons to make them a bit "lacier," skipping the half-circles altogether, and doing *another* round of hex- or hep- or octagons to fill the gaps...using several different motifs with floral or leaf designs (like the ones folks use for afghans). Cos in a forest, the tops of the trees are far enough away that you can't really see the leaves in much detail, so they tend to blend together - but the stuff on the ground is much easier to see, so tends to look a little more random and individual.

amdm, has your thread arrived yet?

How goes it with everyone else?

tbird, I am sorry to hear you are so ill. Get well soon! I love the way you are depicting your concept, and can't wait to see the latest pictures. I have got my thread yesterday, and hope to make good progress today

Thanks! The biggest problem with this cold is that when I lie down (which is all I really want to do), my nose starts draining, and that keeps waking me up. I'll try a couple more pillows tonight.

I've never had such a clear picture in my head of something I'm going to make. It's been kind of a pain, actually, cos finding yarn that matches what's in my head is not always easy. This is also the largest thing I've ever crocheted. But I love watching it come to life!

Hi TBird, I hope you feel better soon. I love your cathedral afghan you are doing. The colors are beautiful and they really go well together. :clap

Is this pattern very hard and where can I get this pattern. I would really like to give this a go. Would I be able to join this CAL.

Also how long has it taken everyone so far to do this.

Wendy

South Australia

Hi all, I'm still here and still plugging away!!!!! I actually did finish one ghan I was working on, but not this one.

Tbird, I've been struggling with a cronic sinus thing for a month and I think I'm finally starting to see some improvement. I'm over ready for this to quit! Big hugs to you and get better soon :hug .

amdm - I'm glad your thread came in. If I ever do this again, I think I'll go for thread as well.

Anyway, sorry to be so lame and to have to many WIP's; I really need to get this done so I am going to direct my time towards it!

Cheers all, and have a great Sunday:yay

Archived