Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

Thanks Debbie !

JulieKay,

I bought that variegated back in the very beginning..only to discover once I got it home, it is a tricky one to use. In the wrong project, it has almost a poor white trailer trash appearance. :eek But I had faith I could find just the right project.. and I do believe this is the one. It Caron simply soft..embroidery print. The blue and purple are also the SS. My black is a Caron pounder.. thicker, and working well to add more depth.

I'm strangely drawn to the RH gemstone in the same way.. really love it in the store..but in the sunlight coming through my window in the morning.. it's not what I fell in love with. Has hints of too harsh colour tones here and there.. BUT.. I WILL find a great project for it too. Would be nice if it wasn't an other one of these giant CRW afghans though..... 'cause I got the urge real bad. :lol and now !

This color business is real tricky.. they change as soon as you add an other row of a different color next to them. You do have to use a bit of imagination here too.. since between my camera not picking acrylic yarn colors accurately.. and each persons monitor being slightly differnt... arg... The colors in this photo are not as glaring.. needing sunglasses , as they appear to me on my screen.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pam that looks really nice. you are moving right along and here I am still trying to figure out my colors LOL, I have to baby ghans I have to have done by jan.13 so that will give me enough time to find some colors.

Pam -I have a question about your colors -- I am still waiting on my pattern so don't have the yarn amounts in front of me, but I do have a prinout that someone posted about this afghan regarding all the tips and tricks, yarn amounts etc .

It says you need only 4 colors- the small amount of white, the black,and 2 variegated, one light and one dark .

I'm wondering if those were the right estimates, since you have the teal-color--- is that a substitute for the white or for the other variegated ? Or is the purple the second variegated ?

I was gonna buy my yarn ahead of time, but that might not be such good idea if I don't know where the colors all go, or if I have the right amounts of each .

I see that the framework of the entire thing is the black, so that is easy to spot .

I am just mixed up on where the dark and light V's go and where the white goes .

Yours is looking really pretty ! I like it a lot .:yes

Julie

I think she is using the teal in place of the white.And the purple as the second variegated.Thats what i have done also.

Ok here is mine so far...this is a hard color to get a photo of...anyway here it is.I'm also tiring one in the fall variegated colors with ranch red...will get that up when i get far enough to see how it will look.

Picture056.jpg

Shaylan that looks awesome! :applause

I still don't have my pattern, but thanks to whoever posted the link about how much yarn to buy I was able to start shopping. I've been to three stores and have only bought the white. It's Lion Brand Wool Ease, color is White Multi 301. I don't think the photo does it justice, it has these beautiful iridescent sparklies all throughout it:

DSC01404.jpg

I'm still waiting on my pattern but the one coming for me is now going to Pauline in Australia and a friend is ordering mine for my Christmas present so now I have to wait on it but I will peek at the one for Pauline to get yarn amounts.

I can't wait!! I guess I better get a few other things done so I won't neglect too much when I can start this.

Teresa

That is a very pretty white and i can see some sparkle to it...make sure the colors you get you reallyyyyyyyy like...that is the hard part of this Afghan to me,becouse if you don't like them its hard to keep going.

Heather

Hope you get yours soon,have fun picking colors.

I love the purples i finely decided on after going through so many others.

Pam -I have a question about your colors -- I am still waiting on my pattern so don't have the yarn amounts in front of me, but I do have a prinout that someone posted about this afghan regarding all the tips and tricks, yarn amounts etc .

It says you need only 4 colors- the small amount of white, the black,and 2 variegated, one light and one dark .

I'm wondering if those were the right estimates, since you have the teal-color--- is that a substitute for the white or for the other variegated ? Or is the purple the second variegated ?

I was gonna buy my yarn ahead of time, but that might not be such good idea if I don't know where the colors all go, or if I have the right amounts of each .

I see that the framework of the entire thing is the black, so that is easy to spot .

I am just mixed up on where the dark and light V's go and where the white goes .

Yours is looking really pretty ! I like it a lot .:yes

:nworthy I am honored JulieKay,

You are correct.. the teal is substituting for the white..and the purple is instead of the light varigated.

Hope your well, :hug

Pam

Hooray Shaylen !:cheer:cheer:cheer

I'm so happy your going to do the gemstone.. I keep thinking I need to do one with that.. maybe I can ..at least vicariously thru you. :lol

I was looking at the fall colours I have and autum red ! :yes

Okee doughki.. Update...

:crocheting

CRWdec27.jpg

Slower going.. had to go do that "work " thing. :(

I like my Mint Blue pop-corns much better now..as soon as the next row of varigated came on. Changed the tone completly. BTW, the whole thing really is not so bluish. ;)

Guess what ??????????????????????

Annie's is completly sold of of our patterns !:gotmail

neener, neener, neener.. :neener

More due in on Jan. 11th.

Pam

Its looking so good and i think your mint blue really makes it pop!!I had the hardest time getting that photo of mine to show the purple to,almost every photo i took looked blue and i took 50 or more and my DD even tried,i wanted to rip my hair out :thair My pattern is one of the old ones but i saw it listed somewhere what the colors were that they used thats why i tried the Gemstone and i love it so far....i think one done in reds would be great also.I didn't get my teal yet so im on hold right now but im hoping i can get my DH to stop by Hobby Lobby tomorrow :think

I saw where they had sold out already and was shocked that they had so few :eek

Thanks for the info, Pam and Shay

I am a little worried about me getting the pattern. I mailed a check in for it on Dec 22nd, so I hope my order was filled before they ran out .I havent gotten it yet, but figured it'd take a couple weeks, with writing a check for it .

At least now I'll have a little better idea of the yarn I will need after you guys explaining what amounts go where .

Keep up the good work, and hopefully I'll be joining in soon .

When I started this the first time I bought gemstone and monet I didnt like them together. Especially the monet with the black on it. Maybe I could try it with a solid color. I am so bad about changing colors in a pattern I can never seem to get them right. I also have that choco cherry still that is burning a hole thru its bag maybe i can do it with brown instead of black and cream instead of white, now to figure out what solid color to use to replace the light varigated.

Oh no I hope my friend ordered mine before they ran out!! That won't be good! :eek

Not that I don't have anything else to work on :lol I just want my pattern in my hot little hand :lol

Andrea- I know, it's so hard to pick colors for this isn't it ? I am having a time finding 2 variegated that I think will look right together . I had about decided to go with the lipstick as the dark and candy print ( I think it's called ) for the light, but i'm not a real big RED fan, so changed my mind, although I think it'd look really pretty with a red background, rather than the black .

How about that fairly new RH color-- I think it's called Magenta ? It's the exact pink that is in the choco cherry .

Oh Gosh gone for 3 days and everyone is popping!

Pam, Shay your colors are stunning.

Great JOB everyone!

I originally wanted to use my Caron Embroidery Print, (I have 24 skeins of it) But I seemed blinded by the stress-color thing and gave up.

I als omanaged to lose one of my pentagons between my friend's house and mine. I thing the dog adopted it and has it in his stash. So I seemed to have gotten hung up at that point, but today is lovely and Im hoping to pull out the crochet hook.

Archived