Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

My pattern arrived today! Before it got here, my plan was just to have the pattern here and work on it a little at a time, and finish it sometime before I die, know what I mean? No sense of urgency at all. But now it's here...it's beautiful...

I'm thinking of doing it in shades of reds instead of gemstone and purple. RH has a varigated called "farmland" that is really pretty. I want to start it, but I have sooo many other things going. I'm a great starter, but not a great finisher.

Maybe I'll go the Hobby Lobby on Monday...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im about to pull my hair out...i have tried about 7 different colors with the "LIPSTICK" and none of them look good,any ideals ladies?

Help!!!!

Lipstick,i think its just to dark.

Picture046.jpg

Aspen print and sage...i am really loving this one the best so far i think!!Might try it with dark country blue :think but i really love the sage color(im a green lady what can i say)

Picture050.jpg

Ocean with lavender and delft blue,this is the one my DD likes...but im not really a blue person.

Picture025.jpg

Pink Cameo and Cafe(not sure what i was thinking :lol

Picture028.jpg

My purple one that i just started...its better in person(i just cant get the purple to photograph right)...Gemstone,amethyst and teal.

Picture063.jpg

And look what i found while cleaning my closet out!!!Why did i quit :thinki think i got bored with the colors.

Picture012.jpg

This is just a few i have done to see what they look like...there are more that i didn't get photos of!!!I swear this afghan is going to be the death of me yet :rip:ohdear

CAN YOU SAY OBSESSED??

My pattern arrived today! Before it got here, my plan was just to have the pattern here and work on it a little at a time, and finish it sometime before I die, know what I mean? No sense of urgency at all.

:rofl

Hi Darski :waving

Long time no hear!!!Are you gonna start yours again??

Holy cow, Shay ! I finally found someone who is obsessed with a pattern as I am-- I have probably started the Prairie Star that many times.

They are all looking pretty ---the final one is gorgeous !

As for the lipstick, I'd try to find a color that matches one of the 2 lighter colors --not the claret- I don't think it'd show up real well with the lipstick and black, but how about another shade of pink to match the pink, or a brighter red.. maybe burgundy or ranch red ?

Holy cow, Shay ! I finally found someone who is obsessed with a pattern as I am-- I have probably started the Prairie Star that many times.

They are all looking pretty ---the final one is gorgeous !

I think so to Julie now that i have it out laying on the floor and have been staring at it all night...i think i will dig out the rest of the painted desert yarn that gos to it and see if maybe i cant work on that one some more.My DH got up and looked at it and wanted to know why i quit on that one :lol

On ward and upward as my DH says!!

And look what i found while cleaning my closet out!!!Why did i quit :thinki think i got bored with the colors.

Picture012.jpg

This is just a few i have done to see what they look like...there are more that i didn't get photos of!!!I swear this afghan is going to be the death of me yet :rip:ohdear

CAN YOU SAY OBSESSED??

Shay this one is beautiful, are you going to finish it.

I have had this pattern for the last year and havent comtemplated making it. I think it was because of having to pick the 2 varigated yarns that stopped me from starting it.

WOW Shay, that last one is stunning. Absolutely gorgeous. :cheer

But yeah, I must agree with Julie. I haven't seen someone this crazy obsessed since the prairie star. :lol

I actually like the pink camo/cafe one. :) I'de like to see how the green one/aspen looks further along too. I really like the aspen. :D

Oh Wow Shay

Im not sure I would have the patience to start this so many times but I know what you mean about wanting to see how the colors work up.

I did end up with painted desert and aspen print. Still hunting for the lost pentagram but have made new ones since then.

Have a safe and healthy New Year everyone

Julie

I tired the ranch and it just blends right in...im going to go to town on Tuesday and see what i can come up with becouse i really like the red!!I'm wondering if a dark pink or a tan might work....will have to go try that.

Wendy

Yes i am going to finish that one..i have been adding the little half moons to it today...boy are there a ton of them :P.As for using 2 variegates you don't have to but make sure the 1 variegated you pick you really like....i hope you join us!!

Tabby

I really like the Aspen one to and i am working on it a little more just to see how it looks further along...hay when your crazy obsessed with this pattern like i have been for the last 3 years it helps to try them all out :lol I have so many variegated yarn colors that i have no idea what i will do with them :think

Lisa

Cant wait to see yours come together...i love the Aspen print.

Christina

Welcome aboard...its a fun pattern.

I have a question - just reading through the beginning and it says to use an H and ONE strand, but a G and 2 strands-- are you all doing it that way or using just one strand and one size hook ? I'mm wondering if it makes a difference in the pattern and why you'd use the double strand with the smaller hook ?

Thanks for any help !

Julie

I'm using an H hook through the whole thing and i don't use the 2 strands....that makes it puff up and look like boobs :lol I didnt like that look....it just depends on how you want it to look.

Oh....I also don't do the popcorns either.

I just like the flat look better!!!

Shay all of those are gorgeous. what colors is the last one I love that look. I know what you mean about varigated yarn I have a ton of it but I think it would look great with just one varigated and a solid it is to hard to find all the varigates to look right together.

Shaylan I love that last one!!! :yesAnd I love how you are using one solid and one variegated. My question is which color is the red replacing?...:thinkthe dark variegated? I think I'll go that route with mine too because I'm having a hard time finding two variegated to match. Thanks,

Can someone tell me how many skeins of each color are needed? My pattern is ordered and on the way, but I'd like to order the needed yarn as soon as possible so that I can start working on it asap!

Is this the afghan that I have seen lately? I believe I have seen where AA has the pattern for sale. It truly is the most beautiful pattern that I have seen. I would be interested if I could buy the pattern without sending my credit card or getting a Pay Pal account. I will watch with great interest at your progress.

Well folks.. I've been doing everything I can here, looking at all the other Cal's here...but the time is here to confess...I'm:help

Turns out when you work out of stash..look in the tub..count skeins.. and start the project.. there is a good chance that even though there are enough skeins.. that does not guarantee those skeins will be the same dye lot. :ohdear

I've been to a couple shops and no embroidery print to be found...can't order on-line..'cause I don't remember which dye lot was over a year ago.. and which is the one they changed to. :angry at myself.. long ago I knew it changed.. just never figured I would get myself in this mess.

Had me a little melt down..and have gone so far as to start a completely new CRW. :blush This can't be a good sign. Now I'm stuck on a row count... :think

OK... confession complete...off to frog that darn row and get a fresh start...or flog it.. not sure which right now.

Archived