Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

Shaylan that is absolutely gorgeous!:2spin:bounce:dance

Well all...here are the colors I chose:

CathedralAfghancolors.jpg

From left there is Corinthian (dk. var.), Grape (in stead of black) & Cobalt (lt. var.). I know Homespun is thicker, so hope it'll all work out...what do you all think? I just couldn't find the colors I wanted in ww.

As for the 'white' (the colors that only takes 3 oz.) I originally bought Homespun Hepllewhite (an off white). But decided to go with a light gold if I can find one, if not I can get it from the Lion Brand website. But if you look closely at the Corinthian, you can see a gold in it.

I'm wondering now if I bought too much yarn:think...I was going by the oz. that someone posted (33 oz for lt. variegated. 11 oz. for dk. var. etc.) Or will I run out, not sure how all that will work out now since this is a thicker yarn.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I wish I had thought of using Homespun for this project! I love Homespun! Instead I went with Paton's Canadiana acrylic. It's nice but nothing to write home about.

Somewhere in this thread (or another?) someone was actually going to make this piece in crochet thread! Obviously it would be a lot smaller but it would be incredible to see. I wonder if she lost interest in finishing it.....

Hi Birdlady1 ,, I beleive that was Ava. I also would love to see how that turned out --if she is done with it.

sunnywolfgar

I don't remember who it was, but I thought it was someone outside of the United States who had access to thread but not yarn.....

sure seems like it was Ava. Seems like she had posted what colors she had picked , she got started, but then something happend to her family and it got put back for bit. pretty sure it was Ava. gonna have to go find her and email her.

I'll let you know.

Congratulations Shay

Its stunning!

Tia, I cant wait to see how it turns out with Homepsun. I looked at that yarn and decided against it. Im basically a chicken...

I am not a member of this crochet-a-long but have recently finished this afghan for my MIL for Christmas. I would strongly advise against making this with Homespun because the afghan made with regular yarn is really heavy. I think I had 18 skeins of Red Heart in it.

You carry the unused yarn under the main color for the color changes on this. I just don't see Homespun working here. Just my :2c.

Every one's work is really gorgeous!

Lorry

Thanks Elvee...guess I'll have to study the pattern when it comes and make some decisions...maybe I'll just make it up to the point where Shaylen stopped so it won't be too heavy....we'll see, but I don't want to return the Homespun just yet!

Tia,

I just didn't want you to put a lot of work in to something just to have to frog it--and I know how hard it is to frog Homespun. This afghan is plenty heavy and warm. My FIL can't poke his toes through it!

Don't return your yarn, buy more!!!!

:hug,

Lorry

I ordered this pattern before my vacation and it was in my mailbox when I came back. I ordered yarn online last night. I have 3 1lb skeins of Caron in black in my stash. I'm using the colors called for because my hubby likes them. I am so anxious to get started on this but it will take the yarn 10 - 14 days to arrive.

Reading this thread has been very informative. Thanks for posting everybody!

Sheryl

Tia,

I just didn't want you to put a lot of work in to something just to have to frog it--and I know how hard it is to frog Homespun. This afghan is plenty heavy and warm. My FIL can't poke his toes through it!

Don't return your yarn, buy more!!!!

:hug,

Lorry

:roflLOL, I'm frogging some Homespun as we speak (er, type). I had started an afghan with Homespun in purples for a Christmas gift but then realized it was going to take too long and I would run out of yarn (also was trying to fudge a pattern and it wasn't going so well.:blush) So I thought I would rip it and make this sweater with it.

But I'm not having any trouble with it, it rips right out, but then I'm very careful to not split my yarn as I'm stitching...I know that makes ripping impossible. :blink

Anyway, I'm pretty determined to try this in Homespun just to see if I can do it. And I'll post pics whether or not it works...and that should help anybody else who is thinking of using that yarn.

I do appreciate all your input though...:hug.

well Ladies i am done with mine...my DH says its big enough for what he wants...he wants to hang it on the wall behind the sofa and if its eny bigger then it would go way down behind it.

So here is where i stoped.Its all weaved in and ready for him to hang.

I will still stop by and see how you ladies are doing.

That is beautiful! What kind of yarn did you use and what colors? I want to do mine in a burgundy with matching variegated but I wasn't able to find anything in one brand of yarn.

Thank you for the comment...my DH really loved it to.Im thinking of tying one in thread next just to see what it would look like.

Colors are Painted Desert and Claret,Aran Fleck and Black...they are all by red heart.

Pam

Looking good and i love that color.

Teresa

I think it will look stunning in homespun!!

Well I too have capitulated and ordered the pattern,as well as the bent nose needles and Bendy's new book as well. No idea what yarns I will use but I will decide once the pattern arrives. :):crocheting

Teresa

I think it will look stunning in homespun!!

:hug Thanks Shaylen! Here's an updated pic on my yarn choices:

CathedralWindowCALcolors.jpg

Hey all, guess what! Just received an email from annie's attic that the pattern is now in stock and on its way!!!:cheer:cheer:cheer

Wow that is just stunning Shay!!! I love those colors too. I may try mine in the ILTY haven't decided yet. I'm itching to get started but had to wait till I got a few things cleared out first but I may cheat and sneak in a hex or 2 :lol

sure seems like it was Ava. Seems like she had posted what colors she had picked , she got started, but then something happend to her family and it got put back for bit. pretty sure it was Ava. gonna have to go find her and email her.

I'll let you know.

I just went through this cal, after Terry emailed and asked if it was me, it wasn't it was:

post 863

#863 report.gif

post_old.gif August 1st, 2007, 11:50 PM

avatar5895_4.gifamdm user_offline.gif

Villager

th_DSCN0171.jpg

vonnie,

I have just seen your post, I had not realised anyone was looking for my thread version. I don't have any up-to-date pics, but I had got quite far when I had to stop because the main shaded thread became unavailable ( the mauve shade). After that, as usually happens, I got caught up in other projects. The pic is of the central part. I do hope to complete it eventually, just don't know when. Some things don't work in thread - doubled thread doesn't lead to a 3-d effect, and is wasted effort, the popcorns require more stitches to look effective.But it is a beautiful pattern, and looks gorgeous in thin, glossy thread.

I received my pattern today. Thanks to Heather for being so kind and getting it for me. I am now offically able to join you. I'm off to pick some colours and get started. All other projects on hold. lol

Archived