Finished My Cape

Katchkan

This cape I made for myself to keep me warm while I crochet this winter. I get so cold, I don't care what the thermastat says. I thought it would work well and be comfortable.

I made it with mill ends. I used three strands together to get a yarn that was about a sports weight. One was a light blue and it gave it a softer look. I based it on a Alice Brooks pattern I have # 7152. I made quite a few changes to make it work with the weight of yarn and to update the pattern some. I Definitely didn't want the Fringe. I trimmed it with Patons Allure yarn.

I know winters aways off, but I'm ready.

Capefront.jpgCapeback.jpg

thats beautiful, but please on the first day of summer(gasp with all the thunder and lightning today if you can call it that) don't say winter please:eek :eek :eek just kidding, looks great, i am also in washington state:hook vicki

That is one beautiful cape. I found a cape pattern in an old magazine that a friend gave me that I want to try out for this winter. A lady in our church wore one to church done in the shell pattern and it was so toasty looking that I wanted to make one but I'd need to get a picture of it if I wanted to make that particular one.

The one in the magazine will do, it's toasty too. I'll have to put it on my WIM till I get some WIPs finished. Working as fast as I can on those, I just have too many WIMs flooding me :hook

:frog

Archived