Do you also knit?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Do you also knit?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i learned to knit when my brother taught me :D and i can only do the knit stitch and the purl stitch, aside from casting on and binding off. i prefer crochet a billion times more

I learned to knit before crocheting. The lady who inspired me to do yarnwork said to learn knitting first and crochet would be easy to pick up. I did and ended up liking crochet more than knitting because it's faster and simpler.

There may come a day when I have a desire to learn to knit, but right now I am still all about crochet. So many patterns, so little time!:hook

I love to knit and crochet!! I learned how to crochet first, then when I was 10 or so I was taught now to knit. Both crafts really do have there own special place. It's just really nice to be able to have something to fall back on when you need a break.

Julee

I learned how to knit before learning to crochet, but because I was only five or six I lost interest in it for a while. I picked it back up in my teens. Although by then I was pretty proficient in crochet. Since you tend to progress much slower in knitting (because of the small stitches), I usually like to stick to crochet more.

I too am a knitter. As a matter of fact I bought 2 new pairs of wooden knitting needles today and I've been working on a baby blanket. I'm not pro, but I'm happy to just know the basics for now. Sadly for now my wooden knitting needles are the only one made of wood. I don't have any wooden hooks yet :O(

I learned to crochet 46 years ago at age 7. I learned to knit at age 12. There are things about both that I love, and things about both that I'm not so crazy about. Crocheting does go much quicker, but it also uses much more yarn. It also makes bulkier clothing than does knitting. I think I prefer the look of knitting stitches and the drape of a knit fabric. Having said that, baby blankets are usually crochet (for me). Baby clothing is probably about 50-50 knit and crochet. In the last few years I believe I have chosen to knit more often than crochet. But I love them both.

i started knitting, but once i taught myself to crochet i knit less and less and finally gave away all my knitting needles.

i still do some cross stitch and a little sewing , but with so many WIM crochet wise i seem to have focused on one craft!

I do both.

Lately been doing a lot of Lace knitting.. I'm hooked on lace..Just learned how to Entrelac, knitting a pillow right now and dishcloths. And I have a Lace Smoke Ring going to. Can I ever have just 1 WIP at a time!!!:lol

Learned how to knit first. Infact, that is all I did till 1991, when I needed a bride doll for my nephew's wedding.

Sent a Bride doll and 2 champagne glasses with their names and wedding date etched on them.

Once I crocheted the bride doll, I was hooked. No pun intended.:hook

Archived