Do you also knit?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Do you also knit?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am learning to knit thru patterns and tutorials on the web. I am on my 4th and 5th knitted items. I have made one scarf with cables one lace one, and a pair of socks. I just started a lace smoke ring with some alpaca and am on another pair of socks. I wanted to expand what I could do with crochet I would like to combine them when I am confindent enough in my knitting abilities

This thread is so interesting to follow!!!

I've already posted in this thread but I don't think that I said which I learned first.

I learned how crochet first, then knit second. I've been making knitted dishcloths lately. I've got some great patterns.

Julee

I've been crocheting for years, but I just learned to knit this year. I made a little scarf for my sister's doll. I was really proud of myself, but... knitting takes longer than crocheting, so I crocheted the scarves for my dolls. :lol I'll definitely keep up with the knitting, though.

My grandmother taught me to crochet when I was about 10 or 11 and I'm 46 now...I taught myself how to knit about a year ago...but no finished projects yet...I have a baby blanket on a pair of needles but it takes so much longer than crochet that I end up putting it down.

I crochet a lot more.

The thing that's unfair is that when you screw up a crocheting project, you can usually fudge it well enough so that no one will notice. Also, people are not as familiar with crocheting, so you can always tell people it's a "design element." However, if you screw up with knitting, it's GLARINGLY obvious to all.

I am learning to fudge knitting as well even after the fact there are lots of fixes. I have even bound off an item then later found a booo boo cut into and undid one round, put it back on needles undone down ( like intentionally making a run in a stocking) to the mistake fixed it and then knit another round and bound it off again. Had it been crocheted I don't know if I could have fixed something that far near the beginning of a project without ripping it out all the way back to the mistake, so far for me anyway knitting has been more forgiving.

I can knit... not proficient at it however and I think because of that I don't have the same "love" for it as I do crochet lol... I would love to learn it better as I love the look and wear of knitted socks and other wearables!

Archived