Gennie’s Doll

Tampa Doll

On May 9th I asked if anyone could help me find a picture or a pattern for a special dress for a Barbie Doll. It was a Traditional Filipino formal gown. Several of you can through with pictures and I really appreciated all who even looked.

My Brother, had asked me if I could make a doll for him to give to his wife for either Christmas or her Birthday. She is Filipino and he wanted the traditional formal gown. He has never asked me for anything, so I said yes. After an exhausted search, and even contacting Mimicat for help, this is what I came up with.

There is no pattern, as I did it free hand (never to be duplicated again). The thread is America’s Best that I got for a RAOK and the color is cream. The beads are the bottom of the top, the skirt and the sleeve ends are crocheted on. The rest of the beads are all hand sewn on. In the sleeves, I have put pipe cleaners in tan, to make the top look crisp and to stand up. My brother calls these ironing board sleeves.

The dress in the background on the computer is what I used as a guideline for the bead placement.

These pictures have been sent to my Brother for his approval, and then I will box it up and send it out. It will be up to him to keep it a secret. So without further ado, I give you Miss Gennie.

4x3GenniesDoll001.jpg

th_8x6spGenniesDoll.gif (clickable) th_8x6zmGenniesDoll.gif(clickable)th_8x6spupGenniesDoll.gif

Archived