what can i do with these rings?

Ok i have 13 plastic one inch rings... I just needed one... but they came in a 14 pack for $2

I used one to make the angel dishcloth...

but I can't seem to find any other free patterns that needs a 1 inch plastic ring lol

any ideas?

Were did you get the rings?? I can't even find them at Hobby Lobby.:think

I bought some 1" rings at hobby lobby, but they are not with the crochet stuff. They are with the curtain rods, hangers etc and they are 0.99 a package. They also have some more expensive ones with the sewing stuff. I just bought these a couple of weeks ago.

th_005.jpg

:cheerCrochet over them as dense as you can then run a gathering stitch around the tops of the stitches and gather them to the middle.

You now have fabulous big buttons which will match anything you make.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

crochet a little flower over a heap of them then either tack toether or join in the last round of the crochet and make a belt/bracelet etc

:cheerCrochet over them as dense as you can then run a gathering stitch around the tops of the stitches and gather them to the middle.

You now have fabulous big buttons which will match anything you make.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

What a clever idea - I like this.

i too thought these were so very cute that i saved the pattern. then last night went looking online for some of the yarn and found it to be $10. a skein! argggg!!!! there goes that idea.

What's the yarn like? It kind of reminds me of the plastic string they make for kids friendship bracelets. Maybe you could find something similar that's more affordable? Or your could try something completely different. I know they make nylon "yarn" and I don't see why regular acrylic yarn wouldn't work either. :)

Cotton yarn, the kind you use for dishcloths might work. I make Christmas wreath pins with plastic rings. You crochet 25 - 30 dc around the ring (until it gets "ruffly"), join to the 1st st, then [ch 3, sl st in next st] all around and finish it off. Add red beads or French knots, a yarn or ribbon bow and sew a pin on the back.

Ellie 13

Archived