Yes- I'm a man and like to crochet

Simon82895

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please let me clear up something. I still smoke. Trying to stop at some point.

And being sober is something I should have done a long time ago. If people drink around me it doesn't bother me as much anymore. I just avoid those situations if at all possible. I generally don't like people congratulating me. Keeps me humble. Although I don't mind if people know about it these days. ****, everybody knew I had problems before I did. At least now I can help someone which is my responsibility as a recovering person.

Well, you clearly are being very humble about all this, so I'm sure my giving you thumbs up on your sobriety won't go to your head. :P Actually, I get choked up every time I meet someone who has overcome this problem, so I hope you will forgive me for congratulating you...

I love the meditative aspect of crocheting and knitting. They can be very therapeutic for me. Many of us find crocheting keeps us from smoking, eating mindlessly, etc. You will find many like-minded, kind-hearted and friendly people at this forum.

Congratulations on your sobriety!! :clap Good luck with nicotene, it is a beast to leave behind as well. I love to hear about men who crochet. I taught my boyfriend how about five years ago, and he makes the most beautiful blankets. He calls it "tying knots" because he's a tree guy and loves knots. You will love it here, and I know we are all looking forward to seeing some pictures!!

:hook

You are awesome. Period. It is a lot of work to quit smoking, but it is a daily effort to not drink. To do both at the same time in my opinion is fan-freakin-tastic. Now you crochet too? Freakin awesome......(shakes head in amazement)

Archived