Yes- I'm a man and like to crochet

Simon82895

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

welcome. I have to admire a man who creates. My DH is all thumbs with a hook but give him a sheet of plastic canvas, a yarn needl and some of my yarn stash:eek (occasionally I share) he can come up with some great things. My oldest son had to do a needle craft project for Family and consumer science (Home Ec) he asked me to teach him to crochet and he mad a simple scarf. Teacher was impressed it was his first ever A+. But noiw he is happier with a stove and cooking implements oh well can't win all the men over but we are making a dent.

Oh yeah and there are quite a few famous men who crochet Rosie Grier, George Washington carver, James Buchanan, Marvin Smith a photographer, check out this link that shows many other famous crochet artists

http://members.aol.com/crochetwithdee/famous.html

Wtg!:yaySimon

My hat goes off to anyone who can beat the liquid monster! I lost my mom to alcohol in May 1991. She was just 42 years old. I truly understand how difficult it must have been for you. Cudos for kicking it!

Welcome to the wonderful world of crochet. I am sure you will love it here as much as we all do!

:hug

T-

hi simon, congratulations on your sobriety for all this time:clap:clap:clap and also for trying to quit smoking. there are several men who crochet who have joined us here and we are always glad to have more both men and women. if ya need any help with any crochet issues pm me i teach crochet and am always willing to help a fellow artist have a awesome weekend my new friend:hug:hug:hug

:welcomeWelcome to the forum!:dance Congratulations on the not drinking:flower It's tough to quit the smoking, I know I still smoke, good luck on that one:2rock I think it's great that we're seeing men starting this, it's great relaxation

Hi Simon,

Cragrat's on your recovery, I picked up crocheting again while I was in prison. Addiction is a mighty beast. My clean date is 05/03/01. Now I don't bring my crocheting to my N/A meetings, but I have been known to bring finished projects along. There are 4 of us girls who met in prison who attend the same meeting. I guess we are the ones who can attest to what can happen when addiction is in control. Hang in there on the the not smoking. It can be really tough. I quit right before Turkey Day. It is so cool to see men crocheting.

Sherry

:welcome and :hifrom Central Kentucky, the Horse Capital of the World :rose

This is the most caring, supportive group you'll ever meet.

LizaKaye

Son #1-Proud Grandmother-to-be :c9

Son #2-Proud Mom of a soldier :applause home safe from Iraq. :yay

Hi Simon!

Welcome from Arizona! :hug I too took up crochet (again) after a long hiatus when I quit smoking a couple of years ago. It worked for me, and I am still smoke free! YAY!!!

I am sure you will LOVE it here!

welcome to the ville. Congrads to you on your recovery. I been crocheting for only 7 years . i picked it up when i had to spend 2 months in the hosipital due to heart and complications with my pregancy. Join the fun ..happy crocheting

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the village. There are a few of us with testosterone who enjoy the Zen nature of crocheting. Crocheting lends itself to such creativity.

Welcome

Mushroom

Hay! Jimbo here, and i'm one of the guys here too... don't crochet well, but i make a mean hook. Welcome from Northeastern Washington State.

• 3 years later...

Archived