Music While Crocheting?

Do You Listen to Music While Crocheting?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Listen to Music While Crocheting?

• Yes all the time
    • Sometimes
    • Never

When I do have the house to myself, I listen to CBC 2. I live in a suburb of Detroit, so I get the signal from Ontario. It's like 60% classical and 40% ecclectic. (you can hear it online www.cbc.ca/radio/ )

Most of the time, the husband is still trying to tie up loose ends for his job (outside sales) the teenagers are trying to tell me about work, school, friends etc... and the toddler is trying to steal what I am crocheting for his Barney stuffed animal..... mixed with a boston terrier DYING for attention, a german shorthair trying to get the rest of my attention and the birds yelling at me too..... I just dont have any more ears for music :lol

I like to listen to classic rock while I crochet. BUT, most times I end up listening to the TV because DH is watching something. Then, of course I get involved in the show, and end up crocheting during commercials. LOL I'm much more productive listening to music, thats for sure!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like to put on mindless TV on something that is a repeat like Law and Order LOL then occasionally check the TV while I sit and concentrate on not making a mistake crocheting.

Donna

I either listen to Christian radio (music or talk), or conservative talk radio when I crochet. I prefer to listen to music when I'm working around the house, but I will sometimes put some on when I crochet if there's not anything good on the radio. I listen to Christian contemporary, praise and worship, and classical music the most, although I like to throw a little old jazz/big band (think Ella Fitzgerald, Glenn Miller) for fun!

• 4 weeks later...

There's a podcast called Deadpod I download every week. It's a guy out of Missouri that plays Grateful Dead shows from all different years. My personal favorites are from 1970 to 1977. I have been getting a lot of Frank Zappa lately too. The old stuff from the sixties and early seventies like Hotrats, Jazz from Hel, Freak Out, Zoot Allures. The first time I heard Bongo Fury it changed my life.

I am usually watching TV, as the main time that I get to crochet is at night.

Sometimes, during the day I will sit outside in the sun and have a cuppa and crochet and at this time I will put on some Ronan Keating, Daniel O'Donnell,Air Supply or something similar.

I am usually in front of the TV when I crochet, sometimes will have it on the HD concert channel, but usually reruns of CSI or I will pop in my Grey's DVD to watch the first 3 years :) If I don't have something I can focus on away from me every once in a while (like TV) I will get dizzy from crochet (or cross stitching).

I tend to get a lot done while I listen to heavy metal (well what heavy metal was in the 80 & 90's not this stuff today). I also get a lot done when I listen to my beloved Marilyn Manson. I used to listen to Sirius 20 when we had Sirius. Got lots done then too.

*scratches neck* I'm, uh, gonna show my age, here. :) I love the minor key tonality.

I'm fond of gothic rock and symphonic metal, myself. Especially symphonic/gothic/power mixes. Within Temptation and Visions of Atlantis come to mind, though Nemesea and Delain are also good. I also like Evanescence (except for The Open Door and "Thoughtless"). Nightwish has some great songs, but their lyrics can be disturbing. (In other words, sing about death and I'm fine; sing about sleeping with your best friend's wife, and I start getting queasy.)

I like electronica, too, for an energy boost, though power metal can work for that. Cascada sounds nice, but the lyrics are idiotic (and bother me). I would've liked Panic! at the Disco if they didn't blaspheme (which is what I like about the symphonic genre of music, btw—many bands don't cuss at all). Uh, anyone know any non-stupid and cuss-free electronica bands?

As you might've figured out by this listing, I'm a bit selective about what bands I like. That's 'cause I like complication—my favorite songs tend to have intricate music, tough-to-follow vocals, and thoughtful lyrics. I have to like all three to really like the song.

I like a few songs by Flyleaf, ZOEgirl, Kelly Clarkson, and Three Days' Grace. Skillet's most recent CD and BarlowGirl have some fab songs. Superchick… I have to be in a kiddish mood for. (If you're at all familiar with the band, you can guess why.) Major key tonality is stressful for me.

When I'm calm and in a very sedate mood, I might go for Jars of Clay or Nichole Nordeman, who I consider two of the best contemporary Christian artists, and I only have their first few CDs (through 2001).

*eyes above* Was this TMI?

EDIT: And I forgot Origa's "Inner Universe"—gorgeous song.

• 4 weeks later...

Almost always. Right now I'm listening to an Early Music station on netradio. It streams 24/7 with NO commercials. When it isn't music, its old radio versions of Dragnet or Sherlock Holmes or Nero Wolf. We ditched our TV about five years ago. Beth

I voted all the time because we almost always have music on. In fact I rarely turn the tv on when its just me or me & dd at home. She already loves music too!

I listen to a little bit of everything besides techno. I've never gotten into it. Although right now I mostly listen to Veggie Tales! lol

OMG I looooooooooove my music lol... I ALWAYS have on music while crocheting... if it's not music it's a movie though... I love taking my projects to the movies lol... so if I get bored at home while at the PC during work hours I pop in a DVD and watch while I hook!

I listen to alternative rock/classic rock... I love classical music (as I play the flute and piccolo) but I prefer to sing along lol... right now my faves are Lifehouse, Coldplay, Kelly Clarkson, Incubus, Candlebox, The Prodigy, Massive Attack, Radiohead to name a few lol

• 4 weeks later...

I always have music on while crocheting, knitting, writing, reading, pretty much anything. Sometimes I have Pandora on, sometimes I keep replaying a song on youtube, and sometimes I listen to my iTunes playlist. I have a very picky and eclectic music taste that goes through phases. Currently, I am addicted to French music. How I wish I understood this beautiful language! I am in love with Le Festin by Camille.

Archived