Music While Crocheting?

Do You Listen to Music While Crocheting?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Listen to Music While Crocheting?

• Yes all the time
    • Sometimes
    • Never

I was just curious if anyone likes to listen to music while they crochet and if so what they like to listen to.

I personally like listening to either instrumental or Japanese music (and occasionally some punk) while crocheting. Chris Thile's Not All Who Wander Are Lost is a personal favorite album of mine to crochet to.

It all depends on my mood when I'm alone, if my husband is home then there's music on pretty much constantly anyway.

I also like to listen to audio books when doing any sort of stitchery thing:)

if there's nothing good on tv, I put on the music channel. Non stop music and there's like 30 of them available by genre. Usually I listen to Light Classical.

There's music playing at my house most of the time. My dh and eldest son are very musical and will often jam together, which is loads of fun. Sometimes some of the other kids get in on the act too, playing the jimbae(sp?), and even homade water drums. I don't play and I can't sing..they beg me not to sing.. and it's too loud to read...so I'll crochet along. If that isn't going on, the eldest son is practicing his mandolin or fiddle, while other kids have some other music on their stereos...Yes, the house is rarely quiet:lol

It depends on what else I am doing at the time. If I am watching television, sometimes I will put on the music channels, or if not in the mood to watch but just listen, I will put on the xm satellite radio channels. If I am crocheting in bed, in the car, or in the living room but someone else is watching tv, I will put on headphones and listen when stitching. What I listen to depends on the mood I am in, sometimes it is country, sometimes r&b, sometimes adult contemporary, sometimes jazz, sometimes classical.

If i am outside I love to have my Ipod on one ear. The problem I have is that i love to sing...apologies to anyone who hears my out of tune screeching....and when I have to count i lose count because i am singing so if ih ave to count a large amout i turn off the tunes until it is counted.

I really like to listen to audiobooks while I crochet. I find I follow the recording more than if I just sit and listen to it (which usually causes me to fall asleep!). Sometimes music is a nice change, or I'll listen to sports on tv.

If I am home alone, I listen to music. This is very seldom. Someone is almost always home when I have time to crochet.

Also, I watch tv at night as I work. It keeps my hands busy so they won't be feeding my face.:lol

I also like to go to the beach, find a nice bench and crochet in peace, just listening to the waves.

:manyheart

When we were wintering in Texas this past winter the rv park we stayed in had a jam session every monday afternoon. The first time I went I didn't take my crocheting, but every time I went after that I did. It made people curious of what I was making and many people came over to see what I was making. People also told me the faster the music the faster I crocheted.

More often than not I have the TV on when I'm crocheting and am half-watching something. We have digital music channels but I always forget about them! Or when I do listen to them they're not very good. Our CD player is in the next room over from where I crochet so it's annoying to have to get up and switch out the CDs.

Usually I listen to lectures, the college kind and take notes at the same time. :devil My professors don't mind since they know I'm paying attention and still do my work. I think it makes people actually apriciate my work since they see the piece progress. :yay At home DH has the radio on or his ipod playing over the computer, but if I'm alone I usually don't worry about turning something on - I don't listen to it anyways.

yup if i am not watching tv, or something else. me and my iPod= best friends. lol

I listen to pretty much anything. 70's funk, 80's pop, 90's grunge. you name it it is probably on my iPod. music is my other passion very close second to crochet.

Archived