Shawler CAL

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am in!

Have my pattern and wouldnt you know it...this week at Michaels H.S yarn is 1/2 off!!! whoohooo so i got 7 things of it! (i want to make mine a little bigger...) I am so excited to get started but i have to finish 2 little WIP's first (darn thoes WIP's!)

What a brillant pattern!..thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Whew, glad I checked! There is a lady I work with who approximates my mom's shape, so I used her as a model for my shawler, and found that I should definitely add several more rows to it.

Still pluggin' away; this yarn is a joy to use, thank goodness, since I don't usually do big projects ;)

I'm thinking I might do another one after this is done in the Tweedle Dee yarn, if I can catch it on sale somewhere. I love that stuff!!

Well I finished both pieces of my first Shawler and promptly ran out of yarn so couldnt finish the hood *growl* So more yarn is on the way to finish that one.

But my yarn in RH light and lofty pheasant has arrived, so I will start my second one tonight or tomorrow while I wait for the RH light and lofty wine color to get here to finish this hood. I am absolutely amazed how easy this pattern is , how well written and how quickly these work up.

Thanks again Shel for amazing work!

Hugs

Kath

Got my yarn today from Knitting Warehouse.com. I am so excited to get it so quickly but I will NOT start this until I finish the tote bag that I am working on! Fortunately for me, I will probably have that done by tomorrow. Yippee!!!

Darsa sorry to turn you on to the site but aren't the prices just amazing? I ordered enough yarn for the shawler plus some Vanna yarn for an afghan and a tote bag with all the compartments and only spent $60! Gotta love a bargain! I think I will look for some of that Modea yarn too...love the Seraphina picture!

I started mine yesterday! I got a really great deal on Noro Taiyo on ebay ...hopefully it's enough to make the shawler with the hood.

You gotta have the hood! I think the hood is what makes it so unique! I hope I can sneak in a couple rows here at work today, lol.:lol

You gotta have the hood! I think the hood is what makes it so unique! I hope I can sneak in a couple rows here at work today, lol.:lol

I know! I really want to have the hood and I'm pretty sure I have enough yarn...if not, I'll just have to buy more.:yes

when I got to continue in this manner on the pattern I got confused. Do I put only 6 extra DS plus the two at each end, then two extra on the next row plus the two at each end. When do I do the two at each end only row? Or is that row done at this point. Sorry I just don't want to get to far and have to frog .

when I got to continue in this manner on the pattern I got confused. Do I put only 6 extra DS plus the two at each end, then two extra on the next row plus the two at each end. When do I do the two at each end only row? Or is that row done at this point. Sorry I just don't want to get to far and have to frog .

Every row has 2 DC at each end.

Every other row has the 6 other DC spread out evenly along with its normal 2 dc on each end. Like row 11 I believe as an example.

Does that help?

I bought the pattern last night and started it right away :crocheting I am using Paton's Bohemian Beatnik Blues. I am about 1/2 way finished with one side, my migraine trip to the ER this morning slowed me down :(

But I am trying to work on it with my Dilaudid hangover ;)

Glad you joined us! Hope you feel better fast!

Hugs

Kath

I bought the pattern last night and started it right away :crocheting I am using Paton's Bohemian Beatnik Blues. I am about 1/2 way finished with one side, my migraine trip to the ER this morning slowed me down :(

But I am trying to work on it with my Dilaudid hangover ;)

I think it would be wonderful in the Sensations Boucle!:yes

I love sensations boucle! It's so soft and works up so beautifully.

But I hate the washing instructions. Hand wash :/

Hand washing this shawler , as large as it is, would be a bit of work.

Has anyone washed this yarn and had any success? Ive been too afraid lol

Hugs

Kath

OK so one row is add six DS plus your two at each end. Then the next row is just two at each end but add no extra, then next row at six again?

No,

One row you have 2 dc at each end.

Next row you have 2dc at each end plus 4 increases spread out , equally 6 total increases.

Take a look at row 11, 12, and then 13 and 14.

Even rows are just 2dc in each end.

Odd have the extra increases through the row.

Ok now I can continue. Thank you so much for the layman instructions. I have just started to do wearables and seem to spend alot of time frogging or giving up.

I totally understand!

This one is a good one to start with.

It's just a triangle , that instead of a pointed end has a small flat end where you start :)

You will do great. This pattern is very forgiving!

Hello Girls! I've finished the 2 sides and sewn them together up the back. I've made both cuffs and sewn one side together, the other will have to wait until the kids are in bed. I'm happy with the way its looking, it'll be very soft, warm, and comfortable. I have to admit, sexy it is not, but I'm going to love it anyway!

Archived