Shawler CAL

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She wants it in pale blue, Wendy. (it was going to be pale blue and lilac to get the proper weight) I couldn't find any in town :eek, but did find 4 skeins of Marble DK in my stash, so going to start it with that with a 5mm hook, it will be smaller, but she is 10 (almost 11) so a smaller size might be better. :think

I would just LOVE to join in here! It's BEAUTIFUL!!!

I think I'll have to put this one off till the fall. It was 86* in the shade here yesterday with a UV Alert of 11!

I have the edging on a large ghan to finish and the thought of all that yarn on my lap is killing my desire to work on it.

Darsa that is looking just beautiful! I haven't had a chance to work on it for a few days, but I getting ready to pick it up and work some more tonight and hopefully all day tomorrow, we'll see.

I can't wait to see how everyone is coming along!

My light and lofty pheasant color hasnt arrived yet, but I have some light and lofty in wine sitting around so couldnt wait any longer.

I got the first half almost done. I went up a hook size to L just to make it a little less dense and drape a little better as this yarn is thicker/heavier than homespun but so far its coming out gorgeous! I am shocked at how fast this is going even with the problem of not seeing stitches and having to work by feel which some folks dislike.

Hugs

Kath

I was just looking at Homespun colors online trying to decide what I want to use for this project and I think it would look really pretty in black - but I may hate myself later for choosing that. I may need to invest in a coal-miner type head lamp to be able to see my stitches :lol

What do you guys think?

I don't think you'd have any trouble with Edwardian. In fact I think it's much prettier than solid black. :D

I don't think you'd have any trouble with Edwardian. In fact I think it's much prettier than solid black. :D

That's what I'm thinking too. I decided to hold off and see if anybody had Homespun on sale this week and sure enough Michael's does, so I think I'll go get my yarn tomorrow. Hopefully they have my color and enough of it...

Well I decided to order the yarn thru knitpics because it was so much cheaper and they had a few other things that I wanted. So I have to wait for that to come in. I went with the Homespun in Quartz. In the mean time I have started working on the multicolored bag that is in the new Crochet Today magazine.

HI girls! Sounds like everyone is getting organized and ready to go! I started last night and am on row 24. It goes fast, but I have 3 kids, so my time is limited. I love the LB homespun yarn, I haven't used it much, but its working up so soft, and I really like the colors! Can't wait to see pics of everyone's work!

:yay Eeeeee, first half done, woohoo!!! Measured it against myself, and even with the slightly smaller yarn I only had to do a few extra rows to get it the right size.

I hopehopehope she likes it, I'm so excited to get this done! :hook

Ohhh, and kittylover... you have done a bad, bad thing pointing that site out to me. ;) I do believe that in May when the tax rebate thing comes in, I'll be doing some damage to my account over there! :lol

Quote: YIPPEEE ...:yay. just received my email with pattern. Unfortunately, I have to wait till I get home to start. Thanks Shelle for responding so quickly.

~ Jeannie ~

You're welcome! I try to keep a close eye on my e-mail & send the patterns immediately, but if an order comes in while I'm at work (PT, 2 days/week), it has to sit there & wait until I get home. As soon as I come through the door, I head straight to the computer! I hate to keep people waiting. Thank you all for your patience. :manyheart

I'm really getting anxious to see everybody's projects! :yay

I think I'm changing yarn again....I liked the way the LB Wool Ease looked but I think I would like something with more texture...:think

Still yarn shopping for this pattern!

Take a look at Moda Dea Tweedle Dee. I made a Seraphina in Cinnamon Twist and it's gorgeous. I bought 8 skeins at Michael's. It's a little more expensive than Homespun, but not too bad. The color shading is beautiful, and it's less tricky to work with than Homespun, yet still thick & has some texture. It comes in several beautiful shaded colors - self striping. Just a thought... ;)

Take a look at Moda Dea Tweedle Dee. I made a Seraphina in Cinnamon Twist and it's gorgeous. I bought 8 skeins at Michael's. It's a little more expensive than Homespun, but not too bad. The color shading is beautiful, and it's less tricky to work with than Homespun, yet still thick & has some texture. It comes in several beautiful shaded colors - self striping. Just a thought... ;)

Thanks! I don't like to work with Homespun because it sets off my allergies. I've looked at the Tweedle Dee but have never used it. I'll take a look this week!

Here's what the Moda Dea Tweedle Dea looks like. Color: Cinnamon Twist

(in a seraphina shawl so far - not finished yet)

sera.jpgseraphina.jpg

the pics aren't the best - used my cell phone.

Archived