Shawler CAL

I finished the hood last night and was working on the trim, just getting ready to make the buttonhole, and I ran out of yarn. Ughhhh! I was sure I had enough! I think I'm going to do some trim around the cuffs also, they look a little ragged on mine.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Shelle? Under "cuffs" in the first row, it says " sl st in next free lp of beg ch, sl st in next free lp, ch 1, turn"... should we actually be slip stitching twice there, or is that a typo?

I'm at that exact point, heh, so I thought I'd just JUST to be sure! :)

I just wanted to say that I am SO glad that there are gals who are alot further along than I am. All the questions that are coming up should make it a whole lot easier for me when I get to those points! Thanks everyone!!! :hug

I've got my second one half done!

These are so awesome, but it's getting warm here, so Im trying to hurry to get them done early in the morning while it's cool, then they will be ready come winter next year *laugh*

Im addicted!! I even want to make one without a hood for wearing when it gets cold in the winter around the house, while im on the computer etc lol

Hugs

Kath

Ha! I finished it this afternoon! Its soft, its warm, its cozy! I put the same sc trim that I used on the front edges around the cuffs too, they needed an edge. I really like it, but like I said before, it is not sexy.

I'll put up pics when I get a chance, but thanks Shelle, you really created something unique!

I finished one side tonight :clap Will start on the next one tomorrow. I wanted to finish to wear it to work tomorrow, but this darn migraine is slowing progress. :angry

Here's a pic of my first half of my Shawler. The yarn is Noro Taiyo, a cotton blend. It reminds me of the Baja jackets that were so popular several year ago. I really like working with it. I have short arms so I only made 34 rows....Anyone else have pics to show?

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/happybunnycrochets/shawler-1.jpg[/img]"]shawler-1.jpg

Oh wow! That's gorgeous!! I've been looking online at that yarn ever since you mentioned it in an earlier post. I love it! I have some Noro Silk Garden, but not enough, and besides it would be too heavy I think, but this yarn you're using would be the perfect weight. How many skeins did you buy?

Oh wow! That's gorgeous!! I've been looking online at that yarn ever since you mentioned it in an earlier post. I love it! I have some Noro Silk Garden, but not enough, and besides it would be too heavy I think, but this yarn you're using would be the perfect weight. How many skeins did you buy?

Thanks! The Taiyo is much lighter in weight than the Kureyon or Iro. I haven't tried Silk Garden. I bought 6 skeins. I used two skeins for the first half. If all goes well, I'll use two skeins for the second half, and then have the last 2 skeins for the cuffs and hood. I'm using an I hook and am doing 34 rows per half because I'm not very tall. The yarn is very soft to work with but not stretchy. It has a nice drape and hopefully will hold it's shape!

Ok, I'm sold!! I found some on a website (I forget which one :thinkbut I'll find it again!) for $5/skein if I remember right. Maybe it was $5.99, but that's not too bad. Do you remember what color # yours is? 2 maybe?

I'm so dumb - I remember now - it was on E-bay, and that was the starting bid. DUH!!!!!!!! I know I'm not going to find it that cheap!!!! Only in my dreams!

Ok, I'm sold!! I found some on a website (I forget which one :thinkbut I'll find it again!) for $5/skein if I remember right. Maybe it was $5.99, but that's not too bad. Do you remember what color # yours is? 2 maybe?

Wow, that's a great price! A much better deal than I got! Mine is Color 1, lot A, according to the tag. The colors are pinks, grays, browns and tan. I love all the colorways in this yarn!

Here's a pic of my first half of my Shawler. The yarn is Noro Taiyo, a cotton blend. It reminds me of the Baja jackets that were so popular several year ago. I really like working with it. I have short arms so I only made 34 rows....Anyone else have pics to show?

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/happybunnycrochets/shawler-1.jpg[/img]"]shawler-1.jpg

OMG, that's just so gorgeous, I can't take my eyes off it! :2eek I'm definitely getting me some of that yarn!!!!!

Here's the one I'm doing for a friend in HS Tudor.

tudor.jpg

Wow, that's a great price! A much better deal than I got! Mine is Color 1, lot A, according to the tag. The colors are pinks, grays, browns and tan. I love all the colorways in this yarn!

ooops, I remember now - it was on E-bay, and that was just the starting bid.... duh. I'm so dingy. lol

Not sexy? My husband begs to differ *laugh*

I made my first one with RH light and lofty in wine color

It is a very deep red color , and all fuzzy because of the yarn

Hubby thought I should wear it "alone" if you get my drift! *wink*

Hugs

Kath

Ha! I finished it this afternoon! Its soft, its warm, its cozy! I put the same sc trim that I used on the front edges around the cuffs too, they needed an edge. I really like it, but like I said before, it is not sexy.

I'll put up pics when I get a chance, but thanks Shelle, you really created something unique!

Hugs

Kath

And did you???? :blush No wait..... don't answer that!! We don't need to know!! :eek But, we WOULD like to see pics of the Shawler! :yes

I wore mine out last night and got sooooo many compliments! Everyone just fell in love with it! I started a second (lighter weight) and am using a smaller hook, like Happy Bunny I am one the shorter side. So even though my shawler was a little big, it still made a big hit! I made it in Lion Brand Chenille and boy is it warm! I swear it weighs as much as I do, lol, but it is just wonderful! I am hooked! I can't stop making them! I will try to get hubby to take a pic tonight when I get home from work. Shelle, I can't thank you enough for such a fantastic pattern!

*just smiles and doesn't answer that question!* *laugh*

Suffice it to say, This isn't your gramma's crochet!

I am getting some batteries for this digital camera that eats batteries, then I will get some pics for you :)

I am so in love with this pattern lol

*goes to work on her second one*

Hugs

Kath

And did you???? :blush No wait..... don't answer that!! We don't need to know!! :eek But, we WOULD like to see pics of the Shawler! :yes

That's great to hear! Can't wait to start seeing pics, ladies!! I'm so thrilled with the response I've had on this forum, and in all the wonderful e-mails I've received. It was totally worth all the hard work. My husband was even starting to feel sorry for me because of the many times I frogged it & started over, trying to get the exact shape I wanted! He said "How many times are you going to re-do that?!" But I was determined. I had a vision in my head of how I wanted it to look, and perseverence paid off! :tup I want to thank my friend, Ann, who pushed - er - encouraged me to design this! :hook

Hugs

Kath

:lol:lol:lol

Archived