Shawler CAL

I've never started a CAL, but Shelleden's 'shawler' cries out for one. :) (It's at http://crochetcabin.bravehost.com and/or http://shelleden.etsy.com if you haven't seen it. Gorgeous!) (My apologies for the long-time broken link, folks - had no idea it was busted!! :)

I'm going to make mine in Red Heart Plush in purple, and I'm starting tomorrow. Who's with me? :)

Heather

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too :cheer Have to go yarn shopping this weekend (I need more yarn like I need another hole in my head) :lol

Just not sure what color I want to do it in so thats why I have to go and look at the yarns :devil.....

I'm here! Pattern's printed, yarn's selected (Simply Soft Shadows Pearl Frost, on sale at ACMoore, yay!) and already I have a question, hehe!

In Row1 it says ch2 and turn, but it doesn't say that for Rows 2-10. Should I assume that I have to still do the ch2 turn? It looks like I kind of have to?

I'm in, although I haven't got the pattern yet and I still need to pick the yarn. I want to make this for my mother for her birthday, or Christmas if I can't get it done by July. She really likes the Homespun so I think I'll stick with that I just have to find out what color she likes.

I have already started mine and I love the pattern. I have the first half done. I am doing mine in Lion Brand Moonlight Mohair color is Glacier Bay and using an L hook. Will try and post picture when I can.

I have already started mine and I love the pattern. I have the first half done. I am doing mine in Lion Brand Moonlight Mohair color is Glacier Bay and using an L hook. Will try and post picture when I can.

That's going to be gorgeous! How many skeins do you think you'll use?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, that sounds pretty, I have about 15 skeins of that I scored at Big Lots. I can't wait to see yours!

I really want to make this so I can wear it in the evenings in the spring and summer. So I want to use a sport weight yarn. Question is this. How will I detemine how much yarn and will I be able to just figure my rows by eye balling it as I go? Any help is greatly needed becasue I am not that good at making wearables.

You have the first HALF done already? Wow! Did you sleep at all? :eek

That's amazing. I hope to start mine tonight.

I'm so glad so many people joined the CAL. Woo!

Heather

This is actually working up fairly quickly, at least for me anyway :) I've got about half of the first side done so far and wow, it looks so nice with this yarn; I can't wait to get it done!! :dance

That's going to be gorgeous! How many skeins do you think you'll use?

I used about 6 1/2 just for the first side. I grabbed it when Smiley's had a sale, was planning to make the mohair coat from "plus size crochet: fashions that fit and flatter" and bought 23 skeins to match yardage.

Archived