Shawler CAL

I agree. I think that collar would look good on it. I'll get it written up & post here for ya'll to print it off. Thanks for the compliment on the White Cape. It's made with Bernat Softee Chunky, and it's so soft & feels so good. (I don't have it written up yet.... so many patterns..so little time):ohdear

That would be awesome, thanks so much Shell!

Do you know that I never, and I mean never had used a chunky yarn before this project and I've crocheted 30+ years now?

I swore I never would, too hard to work with yadda yadda...

I went one step worse and went do RH light and lofty which is super chunky on top of it lol

Now im addicted and it's all your fault!:yes

I must create a time machine for you so you have plenty of time to make us more patterns!! :)

Hugs

Kath

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just got the pattern! I am so going to love working on something so beautiful!!!

My question is do you find its a pattern that works up fast? I'm just so impatient! lol

Yes, it works up very quickly!

I think the collar from the white cape pattern would be really nice!

I finished the cuffs and now I'm working on the hood...I'm hoping I have enough yarn to do the edging. Wish me luck!

Im on row 22 now and was getting messed up with where to put the extra stitches in the odd rows so now what I did was tie 4 bits of yarn across my work roughly where I need to add stitches so now all I have to do is when I get to that bit of yarn I know to add a stitch.

This is working up quite nicely.

Im on row 22 now and was getting messed up with where to put the extra stitches in the odd rows so now what I did was tie 4 bits of yarn across my work roughly where I need to add stitches so now all I have to do is when I get to that bit of yarn I know to add a stitch.

That's a very good idea. I used stitch markers and then got sick of them and just 'guestimated" lol

Hugs

Kath

I used stitchmarkers too! It really helped alot. What yarn are you using?

Just got my pattern this morning! I'm doing mine with two strands. One of RHSS in Cafe and one strand of RH Plush in Taupe, and I plan to use an N hook. So I'm sure I'll have to adjust the directions to accomodate this. Need it to be nice and warm for fall foot ball games! I'm very excited about this one!!!

Got my pattern and am slowly getting started...have about 12 inches done. I was hoping to be further along, but with the nice weather my boys have wanted to do nothing but be outside!! Looks like I will be crocheting outside today enjoying the beautiful sunshine!!

OH, I went and got the rest of the yarn needed for the shawler!!! Now just need to get cracking!!!

I finished mine yesterday afternoon! I'll take pics this morning and post it. I'll get a pic of me wearing it later this afternoon when my son gets home. Even hubby liked the way it turned out and he doesn't usually that kind of stuff!

Here's a pic of my finished shawler! The six skeins of the Noro yarn was just enough to make this shortened version. I sewed up the sleeves to make it more like a jacket. This yarn is soft but not very drapey so it needed a little more structure. I'm going to get a button or toggle this weekend for the closure.

I'll post another pic later of me wearing it! Love the pattern!

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/happybunnycrochets/shawlerswap002.jpg[/img]"]shawlerswap002.jpg

Oh that came out so awesome!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing pics.

I am just waiting on shell to post the collar option to add to my 3rd one.

I am so addicted ROFL

Hugs

Kath

Here's a pic of my finished shawler! The six skeins of the Noro yarn was just enough to make this shortened version. I sewed up the sleeves to make it more like a jacket. This yarn is soft but not very drapey so it needed a little more structure. I'm going to get a button or toggle this weekend for the closure.

I'll post another pic later of me wearing it! Love the pattern!

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/happybunnycrochets/shawlerswap002.jpg[/img]"]shawlerswap002.jpg

Oh that came out so awesome!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing pics.

I am just waiting on shell to post the collar option to add to my 3rd one.

I am so addicted ROFL

Hugs

Kath

Thanks!! LOL, I didn't realize you were on your third!! I'm already planning my next one too. I'd like to try a yarn with more drape this time. I'm also thinking of trying Shelle's Molly Weasley sweater pattern...have you seen it?

Thanks!! LOL, I didn't realize you were on your third!! I'm already planning my next one too. I'd like to try a yarn with more drape this time. I'm also thinking of trying Shelle's Molly Weasley sweater pattern...have you seen it?

lol yeah 2 are totally finished.

1 in RH light and lofty Wine, which is really fuzzy and dressy in deep red wine color.

and 1 in RH light and lofty Phesant color, which is , again, really fuzzy but casual. The colors are offwhite with gold, maroon, brown, green flecks. I did the cuffs in forest green to pull the green color out of the yarn

The one I am doing now is in WW for wearing less as a coat and more as a sweater (which is why im just waiting for the collar instructions/pattern addition).

Can you tell I am addicted, these come together so fast. in RHL&L it was only 30 rows and im not a small girl :)

Yeah I saw the sweater, I have to stay away!!! I have 3 sweaters that need my attention already LOL

Hugs

Kath

th_shawlerfc.jpg

th_shawlerb.jpg

First Shawler done.. yea I say first cuz I am addicted too. I did this is Moonlight mohair which I will probably never work with again.. scratchy. I also did the cuffs different cuz I didn't have enough yarn as I was not going to use the mohair on my wrists....

anyway I like it but I think its going to MIL as too scratchy for me :(

th_shawlerfc.jpg

th_shawlerb.jpg

First Shawler done.. yea I say first cuz I am addicted too. I did this is Moonlight mohair which I will probably never work with again.. scratchy. I also did the cuffs different cuz I didn't have enough yarn as I was not going to use the mohair on my wrists....

That came out awesome. I like the color you picked for the cuffs.

Im glad you said that about mohair, I was wondering because it is beautiful but how comfy would it be, ya know?

Thanks for sharing pics! I am getting batteries for my camera today! Then I can get some pics of mine.

Hugs

Kath

Oooooooh all these are beautiful! I finished my first side last night and started my second this morning. This is my first time using homespun so it took some getting used to but now I love it! Can't wait to see more pics of everyones shawlers!!!

th_shawlerfc.jpg

th_shawlerb.jpg

It's beautiful! I love the color. How many skeins of Moonlight Mohair did you use?

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Those Shawlers look pretty great! I am halfway through the second side, which I intend to finish while watching tv tonight :crocheting, and put it together tomorrow:hook

I started with 18 skeins of Patons Bohemian and it took me I am figuring 16 skeins between the two sides. I don't think I can get both wrists and the hood out of the other two skeins. But I have another color in the Bohemian that may complement that I can use......... we will have to see.

Good job everyone! It's so wonderful to see how this is coming out in different fibers.

Archived