Shawler CAL

I'm about half way through the first side and looking forward to seeing the new collar pattern Shelle designing. Thanks Shelle!!

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's a pic of my finished shawler! The six skeins of the Noro yarn was just enough to make this shortened version. I sewed up the sleeves to make it more like a jacket. This yarn is soft but not very drapey so it needed a little more structure. I'm going to get a button or toggle this weekend for the closure.

I'll post another pic later of me wearing it! Love the pattern!

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/happybunnycrochets/shawlerswap002.jpg[/img]"]shawlerswap002.jpg

Very nice.:clap I love the colors, its it a varigated yarn.

th_shawlerfc.jpg

th_shawlerb.jpg

First Shawler done.. yea I say first cuz I am addicted too. I did this is Moonlight mohair which I will probably never work with again.. scratchy. I also did the cuffs different cuz I didn't have enough yarn as I was not going to use the mohair on my wrists....

anyway I like it but I think its going to MIL as too scratchy for me :(

Yours is very nice as well and I like how you did a different color for the cuffs.

I've finally gotten a chance to start my shawler. Had to finish a baby blanket ASAP since mom went into labor earlier than expected. I'm using Homespun in Ranch color. I'll post a pic as soon as I'm done working on it today. Up to the "continue in this manner" portion of instructions. Let's see how far I can get.

I just finished this last night and still need to find a button for it but I was anxious to let everyone see mine. I really like this pattern and can see myself making more of these. I hope you can see what it looks like .shawler001.jpg

I just finished this last night and still need to find a button for it but I was anxious to let everyone see mine. I really like this pattern and can see myself making more of these. I hope you can see what it looks like .shawler001.jpg

Oh wow, that's gorgeous in red!!

Kim

Wow that came out beautiful!!! Love the color.

Hugs

Kath

Your shawler came out so pretty. Did you make it shorter than the pattern called for?

Your shawler came out so pretty. Did you make it shorter than the pattern called for?

No I didn't make it shorter. On me the front and back points come down to just above my knees. I think they all seem shorter when not being worn.

Here's a pic I took this morning of me wearing my Shawler. I put a large button on the front (it's hard to see but it's right next to my thumb in the pic...). I forgot to fold back the cuffs and the pic is a little dark but I think you can get an idea of what it looks like. It's really comfortable!

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/happybunnycrochets/shawler002-1.jpg[/img]"]shawler002-1.jpg

I love it!! I really, really love the vertical stripes. Man, that looks good on you! You did such a great job. I bet when you wear that out, you're going to get lots of compliments! I have GOT to get me some of that yarn!!!! :manyheart

Beautiful!!!! I love the color! That's Candy Apple red, right? Gorgeous!

I love it!! I really, really love the vertical stripes. Man, that looks good on you! You did such a great job. I bet when you wear that out, you're going to get lots of compliments! I have GOT to get me some of that yarn!!!! :manyheart

Thanks! The MD Sheep & Wool Festival is the first weekend in May and I'm really hoping the weather is a little cool so I can wear it. I'll be sure to let anyone know who asks, where they can get the pattern!

I've got my eye on your Molly Weasley sweater for my next big project...:yay

Thank You..... I like the color that you are wearing... what is that please?

I have never made clothing before, what level would you rate this as?

I would rate this as very easy.

And all of us are here in the Cal to help if you have questions! :)

Hugs

Kath

Okay, here's how to do a collar, if you prefer that instead of the hood.

Two ways - In the first picture, it's simply the first 7 rows of the hood. Period. But, if you like the way the collar looks on the White Shawl better, you do an increase in the first and last stitch of every row, starting with the 2nd row. In other words, Row 1: Work your 44 dc same as for the hood. Rows 2 thru 4,5,6,or 7 (however big you want your collar): Work 2 dc in first dc, dc in ea dc to last dc, 2 dc in last dc, ch 2, turn. Repeat Row 2 until you're happy with the size of collar.

Shawler1-1.jpg

Homespun Tudor

Shawler.jpg

Whitecape2.jpg

Bernat Softee Chunky

Archived