Shawler CAL

I'm about 2/3 of the way through my second side, and then I get to work on those cuffs that seem to be eluding my efforts to get them on their correctly! :think I've tried twice; the first one somehow I increased with every row and didn't notice 'til I finished the last one, held it up, and just about bust a gut laughing :lol Then the second time it was coming out just all wonky and bumpy at the end of the cuff and all that, so I think I need to take some quiet time, and just focus on the cuffs and nothing BUT the cuffs 'til they're done and right!

Mother's day is fast approaching! :eek

Darsa, I'm going to make a confession....I had the same problem so I made my cuffs separately and sewed them on the sleeves!!

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those struggling with the cuff, it helps if you count stitchs while doing them, to make you you get the same # on each row. It is easy to get too many stitchs if you dont skip the two sl stitchs in the body itself.

Also you are doing the sl st TWICE at the body side of the shawler before ch1 and turning skipping the two sl st and going back down the cuff. If you do it once you will have doubled the size of the cuff :)

Hope that helps!

Hugs

Kath

For those struggling with the cuff, it helps if you count stitchs while doing them, to make you you get the same # on each row. It is easy to get too many stitchs if you dont skip the two sl stitchs in the body itself.

Also you are doing the sl st TWICE at the body side of the shawler before ch1 and turning skipping the two sl st and going back down the cuff. If you do it once you will have doubled the size of the cuff :)

Hope that helps!

Hugs

Kath

You're so smart, my trusty little protege'. :lol I couldn't have said it any better. I was getting ready to post a reply to Darsa, and then read your post and thought - well, that sums it up quite nicely! :yes

Also, anybody who needs visual help, I posted pics earlier, of a small sample cuff made with light colored ww so you could see the stitches - maybe that will help. Post #178.

You're so smart, my trusty little protege'. :lol I couldn't have said it any better. I was getting ready to post a reply to Darsa, and then read your post and thought - well, that sums it up quite nicely! :yes

Also, anybody who needs visual help, I posted pics earlier, of a small sample cuff made with light colored ww so you could see the stitches - maybe that will help. Post #178.

ROFL protege! I forgot to send them to your cuff tutorial! IM FIRED!

*fires self* :)

LOL

I just love this pattern and want everyone else to love it too! :clap:cheer:yay

But I can see with textured yarn that is can be really hard to see those cuff edge stitchs. When I did my *Gasp* third I did it in WW and it was so easy to see ! LOL

Hugs

Kath

I can see how a person would inadvertantly add stitches to the cuff, because it looks like there should be one more stitch when you get back to the body of the sweater. Many times, I've added an extra stitch there. I'm doing one now in LB Wool-ease and it IS much easier to see your stitches. This one is a custom order for a gal in England. She wanted a wool-blend. btw, since it's a lighter-weight yarn, I started with 40 dc instead of 30. :hook

Very nice shelle!

I started the second side. Decided to finish it before I go back and add the few rows to the other side. I'm using HS in Nuvoue (sp?). I hope to finish the second side today. I've got experience making cuffs this way, so I don't anticipate any problems when I get to those. I'm sooo ready to finish this! I gotta move on and finish the 6-24 RR I'm working on for that CAL. Hopefully pics of my shawler before the end of the week.

Eeeee!! Got my two sides done finally! (had to take some time off to whip up a sunhat for my 15 month old nephew which turned out SO STINKIN' CUTE) I think I'm going to put it together tonight... and THEN see if I can wrestle those cuffs into submission. :eek They frighten me... but once I get 'em done correctly I can totally see myself going "uh DUH, why was this hard again?" Heck, I may even steal someone's idea and make them separately and sew them on... but I want to try again before I do that.

Eeeee!! Got my two sides done finally! (had to take some time off to whip up a sunhat for my 15 month old nephew which turned out SO STINKIN' CUTE) I think I'm going to put it together tonight... and THEN see if I can wrestle those cuffs into submission. :eek They frighten me... but once I get 'em done correctly I can totally see myself going "uh DUH, why was this hard again?" Heck, I may even steal someone's idea and make them separately and sew them on... but I want to try again before I do that.

Hi Darsa!!

Don't fret the cuffs, seriously. Just make sure you count your stitches on every row, so that they are even, and do each row in the back loops. To be honest, I've done cuffs both ways, and this way is much easier than doing them seperatly and then sewing them on. Several more steps doing it that way, and this way gives a much smoother "seam". And don't forget, Shelle did a pictorial on the cuffs back somewhere in this thread. If you run into problems, just give a shout. :hook

I finished my Shawler last night! My DH took the picture ~ please ignore the "Jammie" bottoms! I used Homespun in Quartz. This is my very 1st wearable. Thank you Shelle for the pattern!

Oooo, pretty color! Very nice!

I finished my Shawler last night! My DH took the picture ~ please ignore the "Jammie" bottoms! I used Homespun in Quartz. This is my very 1st wearable. Thank you Shelle for the pattern!

100_1812.jpg?t=1209512144

Absolutly gorgeous! Looks beautiful on you.:)

Just wanted to let everyone know I am still in the CAL. I finished my 2nd Shawler last night and was really pleased with it! I am so in love with this pattern!

I have been sick so I apologize for no pics yet........should have some this weekend.

Everyone is just making beautiful Shawlers, good work ladies! And thanks a bunch Shelle for such an awesome pattern!

Everyone is doing such beautiful work!

I'm starting my Shawler right now. It's in Homespun, Barrington color (dark purple with bits of blue/green). I've never made a wearable before and I'm a little nervous. Here goes!

Everyone is doing such beautiful work!

I'm starting my Shawler right now. It's in Homespun, Barrington color (dark purple with bits of blue/green). I've never made a wearable before and I'm a little nervous. Here goes!

Don't be nervous! We're here to help if you need it. You can do it! :yes

Just wanted to let everyone know I am still in the CAL. I finished my 2nd Shawler last night and was really pleased with it! I am so in love with this pattern!

I have been sick so I apologize for no pics yet........should have some this weekend.

Everyone is just making beautiful Shawlers, good work ladies! And thanks a bunch Shelle for such an awesome pattern!

Hope you're feeling better! Can't wait to see pics!!

100_1812.jpg?t=1209512144

Love it! You did a great job!! Love the color choice ;)

I finally finished my shawler in sport weight. I will post pic. soon. It turned out good but not as long as I would have liked. Any ideas what part of the pattern I could fiddle with to get not so much arm as would be needed to make it longer?

I finally finished my shawler in sport weight. I will post pic. soon. It turned out good but not as long as I would have liked. Any ideas what part of the pattern I could fiddle with to get not so much arm as would be needed to make it longer?

You could do the 6 increase row every row instead of every other.

Or twice and then one 2 increase row. etc.

That would make it longer in less rows.

Hugs

Kath

I did the first 14 rows today.

I found it really helpful to go back and read through this entire CAL thread. I jot down notes on questions asked and their subsequent explanations. It's like having a ready-to-go guide.

Thank everyone for their willingness to help us all.

I am so impressed with all the Shawlers posted! Just gorgeous!

I am loving the Barrington (dark purple with blue/green flecks--Homespun) and how it is working up! I've never used HS before but after the first couple rows, it was no trouble.

I have been a slacker not posting pics of my first 2 Shawlers. I am still not feeling well enough to model them, but here they are!

P1010015-1.jpg

P1010012.jpg?t=1209917647

I LOVE this pattern so much! I am working on a third for my mom for Mother'd Day! I have gotten tons of compliments! Shelle I can't thank you enough for such a wonderful pattern!:manyheart

REPORTED

Sell Brand shoes,clothes,sunglassess,bag with surprised price!!!

Hello! welcome to our website; http://www.newnike-shoes.com

we can supply low price with high quality products.You can view our website for the details.

Thanks for your reading , pls email us if u have any questions about business . We hope that will make a long&great business with you in future.

Your satisfactions,Our pursuit!

Please Email me to get discount!!

MSN: newnike-shoes@hotmail.com

Archived