Shawler CAL

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMG, that's just so gorgeous, I can't take my eyes off it! :2eek I'm definitely getting me some of that yarn!!!!!

Here's the one I'm doing for a friend in HS Tudor.

tudor.jpg

I love that color!!:clap

I am the Office Manager :P Everyone else is off site at the moment!:yay

Lucky YOU! Oh wow, that's the kind of job I want!! I work really fast, and I could get my work done in 2 hours, then crochet the rest of the day & get paid for it! Yeah, that's the job I want!! :D

Lucky YOU! Oh wow, that's the kind of job I want!! I work really fast, and I could get my work done in 2 hours, then crochet the rest of the day & get paid for it! Yeah, that's the job I want!! :D

Now if the phone would stop ringing and interrupting my precious crochet time all would be well.:yes The nerve of some people!:lol

I'll be done with my son's Babette squares in the next day or two so I'm going to start the Shawler today!

I bought the Homespun in Barrington (a combo of purples and blues). I've never made a wearable before so I'm a little nervous but also really excited!

Here's a pic of my first half of my Shawler. The yarn is Noro Taiyo, a cotton blend.

That yarn is beautiful! Is it a multi or are those separate colors. Just lovely!

*laugh* I doubt you are the problem!

My second one is in more , hmm what's the word....functional colors.

Deep wine is beautiful but it will show every dog and cat hair from the zoo I live in, so it's for dress.

My second one is in RHL&L pheasant. It will hide everything and definately isnt nearly as sexy as the first one lol But will get worn more often.

So maybe your next one needs to be in some color that isn't as functional but is just because you LOVE the color! Be brave! :)

Plus try wearing it alone *laugh* You will get a whole new meaning to sexy! *giggle*

Hugs

Kath

Ok, Ok, I'll admit it, maybe the shawler is sexy, maybe I'm the problem!

I am so duh. I was putting the two beginning DS in the chain two which ,after I was almost done with my first side I read the chain two doesn't count as DS. I have to admit it is laying flatter now then it was. I am using a ww yarn so I hope this works out corectly for me.

*laugh* I doubt you are the problem!

My second one is in more , hmm what's the word....functional colors.

Deep wine is beautiful but it will show every dog and cat hair from the zoo I live in, so it's for dress.

My second one is in RHL&L pheasant. It will hide everything and definately isnt nearly as sexy as the first one lol But will get worn more often.

So maybe your next one needs to be in some color that isn't as functional but is just because you LOVE the color! Be brave! :)

Plus try wearing it alone *laugh* You will get a whole new meaning to sexy! *giggle*

Hugs

Kath

I made my first one to match Pug hair! lol!

"Plus try wearing it alone *laugh* You will get a whole new meaning to sexy! *giggle*"

hmmm, gonna have to give that a try:devil

That yarn is beautiful! Is it a multi or are those separate colors. Just lovely!

It's a cotton/silk/wool/nylon blend that is multi colored, it's a self striping yarn. I love working with it!

I made my first one to match Pug hair! lol!

"Plus try wearing it alone *laugh* You will get a whole new meaning to sexy! *giggle*"

hmmm, gonna have to give that a try:devil

I lost my beloved 15 yo pug last year. But I swear he is still around *plucking hair off chair*

I now have 2 pug mixes we rescued, a chi we rescued and 8 cats we rescued.

Can you say Noah's ark? or should I say Kath's ARk!

So I always have to take flying hair in mind when I crochet lol

lol

Hugs

Kath

PS oops forgot the fish *points to 20gal tank*

I am making my cuffs a contrasting solid color, because my yarn is very hard to work with and very fuzzy, so a cuff detail would be lost. So I picked a contrasting color that matches.

So I had an idea. Since I have been unable to find the buttons I like, I took a milk cap (you could use anything like that) and crochet'd a button in the same contrasting yarn as my cuffs. Looks cute.

Just thought Id share.

Hugs

Kath

I am making my cuffs a contrasting solid color, because my yarn is very hard to work with and very fuzzy, so a cuff detail would be lost. So I picked a contrasting color that matches.

So I had an idea. Since I have been unable to find the buttons I like, I took a milk cap (you could use anything like that) and crochet'd a button in the same contrasting yarn as my cuffs. Looks cute.

Just thought Id share.

Hugs

Kath

That sounds like a great idea! I'd love to see pics when you're done!

Ok, Ok, I'll admit it, maybe the shawler is sexy, maybe I'm the problem!

:lol nooooooooooo...... you're right, SEXAAAYYYY:lashes it's NOT:ohdear, but it sure is warm and practical! :P

I got my pattern and have the first half already done and have the second side done up to row 16 at the moment. I'm using Homespun in candy apple. I really like this pattern and can see myself making more of these in the future. Reading these emails from everyone else who is making this encourages me to work on it everyday. It will be nice to see the photos of everyone's shawlers when they are done.

Anyone completed one that can post pics? I'm dying to see some of the yarns used in this!

I'm having a "brain cramp" regarding the cuffs... they are defeating me!! I'm not gonna give up tho, I'm waaaay too stubborn for that! :heehee

Picked up my yarn today and started! Not too much done yet because I've got tons of other stuff to get done, but I love it! Using Homespun in Barley.....cant wait till the kids get to bed so that I can work some more!

Anyone completed one that can post pics? I'm dying to see some of the yarns used in this!

I'm having a "brain cramp" regarding the cuffs... they are defeating me!! I'm not gonna give up tho, I'm waaaay too stubborn for that! :heehee

See if this helps:

Join yarn at end of sleeve corner.

Ch 13

sc in the second chain from the hook, all the way to the end.

(im sure you've got that part)

slip stitch in the next FREE loop of the sleeve

do it again! slip stich in the neXT free loop.

ch1 turn

you will have to turn your work a little awkwardly at first.

SC in the back loop only all the way down, ch1 turn

Sc in the back loop only all the way back up to the sleeve.

Now go back to where I typed a * and start again :)

Hope that helps

Ok, now it's my turn for a 'cuff brain cramp'....I keep reading the directions on the pattern and the directions written here and I'm still not getting what it is supposed to look like. Can someone post a pic of a cuff in progress so I can get an idea of what direction this is supposed to go? LOL, I'm boggled!

:clap(written just a few minutes after the above post...) Eureka! I've got it!! Go me!!:clap

I'll work up a little swatch and post pics. Might take a few minutes.

You're basically working your sc away from the sleeve, then back towards it, then away from it, like at a right-angle instead of going along the row.... eh, it's hard to paint a picture with words.... I'll be back....

Archived