lapghans needed for senior's christmas. Blog updated with all the pictures. THANKS!!

sissie44

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sissie, I just visited your blog to see the gallery of lapghans. Wow! Some of them are just stunning! I hope you can post some pictures of the seniors with their lapghans after they receive them.

Mine is coming along nicely-on track for a medal.

th_HPIM0608.jpg

Here it is:

38 inches, Homespun, an M hook and a rev hdc border.

I used Sew on Fire's pattern. When I have another one made I'll send it on...:)

Judianne this is beautiful. I absolutely love the colors. :yes

Well, I'm half way there on number 1. After hearing you ladies I just made up my mind the second one is going to be a RR that's for sure with an M hook :lol.

Judianne, did you do one or two strands of yarn held together?

Well, I'm half way there on number 1. After hearing you ladies I just made up my mind the second one is going to be a RR that's for sure with an M hook :lol.

one strand...I just kept the yarn more taut than I usually do, so it didn't come out too loose...

Works up fast...I'm 1/3rd done on my second one for Sissie

Good luck!:hug:hook

I did one w/ two strands and an N hook. Which I will get a picture of soon :hook

Sissie, I'm almost done with a lapghan for you. I'd like to make at least one more. Please pm your address to me. Thank you!

I just finished skimming all the posts in this thread and I've looked at your blog. Beautiful lapghans, everyone! :cheer

Sissie, I just visited your blog to see the gallery of lapghans. Wow! Some of them are just stunning! I hope you can post some pictures of the seniors with their lapghans after they receive them.

Mine is coming along nicely-on track for a medal.

I have 5 more ready to post!! and yes I am hoping to be able to get pictures of the seniors after they receive them!

Sissie, I'm almost done with a lapghan for you. I'd like to make at least one more. Please pm your address to me. Thank you!

I just finished skimming all the posts in this thread and I've looked at your blog. Beautiful lapghans, everyone! :cheer

oh great thanks for helping:cheer:cheer I have PMed you

Jessica I received your 3 lapghans Thank you so much for all you are doing to help me here:manyheart you are an awesome lady:cheer:cheer:cheer

this gives me 5 more ready to post pictures on the blog:cheer:cheer

Boy at this rate you might not need mine by the time I get it finished! But you're gonna get it anyway! :lol

oh i am sure you will get here in time:manyheart:hug

She'll find someone who needs a blanket if she has extras! I am so glad you got my box. My mom has one just about done as well.
yes we can alway find some one that needs a blanket!

how is mom doing now? pass my love on to her for all she as done to help us here:hug:hug

Lapghans #33 & # 34 have been posted on my blog:cheer:cheer:cheer

still have Jessica's 3 to post plus I now also have my first Lapghan for the games to post :cheer:cheer

:cheer:cheerGO TEAM SENIORS GO:cheer:cheer

Sissie, I have one more round and the edging to go on lapghan # 2 and then I'll send both of them to you.

Oh great I will be looking for them in the mail so I can drool all over them:lol

I just love each and ever lapghan that has come in for the seniors and can feel the love that has gone into them:manyheart:hug:hug:hug

You'll have 3 more to post in a week or so. Yes. You will. :D

oh goodie I can't wait:cheer:cheer:cheer

Here's lapghan #2:hook

th_HPIM0613.jpgclickable

this one is so pretty will be great for one of the gentlmen:) thank you so much!! :manyheart

I've got 3 done and ready to go just waiting to have enough money in the bank to send them out. I should have them sent out next month. Sorry it's taken me so long but I am finding out that when it rains it pours. Just don't think that I forgot about you. I didn't.

Those were my thoughts too when I turned that brown/green RR into a lapghan for Sissie "at least this one is more manly than most of the yarn I have"

Joyce

Sissie, that was what I was trying for...so many of my colors are girlie that I really had to search for "guy" colors.

I've got 3 done and ready to go just waiting to have enough money in the bank to send them out. I should have them sent out next month. Sorry it's taken me so long but I am finding out that when it rains it pours. Just don't think that I forgot about you. I didn't.
no need to be sorry we still have till Dec 1st to get them all here:manyheart and I so understand the money thing:( there just isn't any these days!! Thank you so much for making these for me and the seniors:hug

Sissie, that was what I was trying for...so many of my colors are girlie that I really had to search for "guy" colors.

I know as most of my yarn is not just right for guys Lord knows if we try to put them all in pinks:clap:lol:lol

Those were my thoughts too when I turned that brown/green RR into a lapghan for Sissie "at least this one is more manly than most of the yarn I have"

Joyce

yes this one will be great for a man, and Jessica just sent me one also that is in browns for a man. so we are getting them. I need to ask just how many men we do have:think better do that!

Sissie, I mailed 2 lapghans to you this morning...all washed, too:)

I managed to shove them into a flat priority mailing box...they're made of Homespun, so I know they'll be fine when you take them out.

aside from the Christmas prints I've been using,I'm just using the colors I have on hand,after you mentioned this ,mine aren't girlie colors

celery green,print that matches ( can't think of name ) and then buff,the other 6 have country blue centers instead of celery green.

soft navy blue and blueberry pie

the third one I haven't thought of yet

I'll try to get you a manly lapghan before Dec 1st. The one my mom made ya is black & blue so that should help out with the men. And if I do have en0ough money I'll order a bunch of blue camo ILTY & make one. That yarn is so sweet. Hobby Lobby would shoo out JoAnns & Michaels if they came to my town.

BTW JoAnns have Red Heart SS on sale Augt 29- Sept 1. Get their add & you get a 10% off entire order coupon. :D`

Archived