lapghans needed for senior's christmas. Blog updated with all the pictures. THANKS!!

sissie44

I think mine was larger than 36 inches around. I really went by my lap and, sitting on my couch, the RR I sent covered my lap to my toes. I'm 5'3. I also used my Jimbo chophook, which is about a K.

Joyce

Oh dear I am sorry to hear about your arm:(

does the size come out to more than 36" on the RR?

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just measured here's the low down

9 point RR

36 rounds

48 inches across point to point

I am working on another one here is whre I am:

12 point RR

up to round 30

44 inches.

Sissie, are these two big?:think know it is supposed to be 36 X 48inches.

Just measured here's the low down

9 point RR

36 rounds

48 inches across point to point

I am working on another one here is whre I am:

12 point RR

up to round 30

44 inches.

Sissie, are these two big?:think know it is supposed to be 36 X 48inches.

No babe these are great!! I would rather have a little big then a little small :)

these are just the right size!

I think one of my challenge lapghan that we are going to do this next month is going to be one of these RR's I have never made one:)

:hug:hug:hug

Hi Sissie! Just wanted to give you a heads up. I put some squares in the mail today, 12 of them, enough for a ghan. I just don't do joining very well, so that's up to you, so sorry!:( I did mail out another small package with a couple of skeins of yarn that hopefully will be more than enough to join it and then some! I had mail them seperate because I couldn't find anything in the house big enough to fit everything in together, lol! The post office was loving me today!!! :hug

I have received both of your packages :clap:clap and love the look!! thank you so much for sending the yarn to finish it with that was so sweet:manyheart I have 2 others to put together and then i will get yours finished and pictured :yay

I got the Pictures made yesterday of more blankets that i have received.

i will get them posted to my blog today:cheer

will let you all know as soon as i get it all updated:)

:hug:hug

I have received both of your packages :clap:clap and love the look!! thank you so much for sending the yarn to finish it with that was so sweet:manyheart I have 2 others to put together and then i will get yours finished and pictured :yay

So glad they got there and happy that you like them! :hug

Sissie, you'll love the look of the RR when you make one. They are addicitng...I've made blended ones (2 or more strands and a big hook) and they can be quite beautiful!

You should be getting the lapghan I sent - and a few squares - any day now.

Morning everyone,

Just wanted to share the new pictures of Lapghans that I have added to my crochet blog:)

http://sissiescrochetplace.blogspot.com/2008_07_01_archive.html

we are at 20 of 100 now pictured uploaded and ready to go!! I have I believe enough squares here in my home to finish up I know 5 more that are already placed and ready to sew!

does anyone here know how to make the "Ryann's Cuddle square? and enjoy doing it? I need 9 more to make a lapghan.

No babe these are great!! I would rather have a little big then a little small :)

these are just the right size!

I think one of my challenge lapghan that we are going to do this next month is going to be one of these RR's I have never made one:)

I'm so glad. I must thank you for this project. I have grown as a crocheter. I would have never thought of making RRs. I also learned the rev sc. :clap

I have two RRs for you. I would have gotten them mailed sooner, but when I went to the PO they gave me the wrong sized boxes. :angry

BTW, what is the correct size ? I wanted to order then online.:think

The RR is a breeze, hop over to the RR CAL board there is a list of different website with patterns, I like Lyn's best.

:hook

I'm so glad. I must thank you for this project. I have grown as a crocheter. I would have never thought of making RRs. I also learned the rev sc. :clap

I have two RRs for you. I would have gotten them mailed sooner, but when I went to the PO they gave me the wrong sized boxes. :angry

BTW, what is the correct size ? I wanted to order then online.:think

The RR is a breeze, hop over to the RR CAL board there is a list of different website with patterns, I like Lyn's best.

:hook

Taking about the rev sc, would you believe last night is the first time i have ever heard of that stitch! my daughter (windy) called me and asked me how to do it :think so I had to go looking and found out how to do it:)

was it hard to do?

are you talking about the size for the lapghans? they are 36 X 48 or in the area.

thank you so much for helping me with these:manyheart

is it easy and why do you use it on everything?

It's awkward at first, because it's done left to right, but once you've done it enough, it's very easy to do.

I use it on everything because it makes a beautiful, finished look - and I don't often like making either fussy borders or fringe. Have to be in the mood for those...

July I received your Lapghan and the extra 3 12" squares today:clap

such a pretty lapghan thank you so much for helping me :manyheart

I will get a picture up soon:)

Great! Remember, the squares in the lapghan were donated to me...but unfortunately, I don't remember by whom!

I would say it is easy ONCE you get the hang of it. Before that it can be soooooooooooo frustrating. So far, I've only used it on two projects: My Army afghan and the Haekelbeutel I just made. I had tried ti once before but couldn't get in the rhythm of going the opposite direction and I got frustrated. Now that I kinda have the hang of it I like it.

Joyce

is it easy and why do you use it on everything?

It's awkward at first, because it's done left to right, but once you've done it enough, it's very easy to do.

I use it on everything because it makes a beautiful, finished look - and I don't often like making either fussy borders or fringe. Have to be in the mood for those...

oh ok I will have to give it a try:)

Morning everyone,

does anyone here know how to make the "Ryann's Cuddle square? and enjoy doing it? I need 9 more to make a lapghan.

Sissie, do you have a picture of the "Ryann's Sq"? Not sure if I know it or not.

Who did lapghan 18? I would love to know if that pattern is available. I would love to do scraves with that pattern. All the ghans on your blog are beautiful.

Sissie, do you have a picture of the "Ryann's Sq"? Not sure if I know it or not.

Who did lapghan 18? I would love to know if that pattern is available. I would love to do scraves with that pattern. All the ghans on your blog are beautiful.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeutylb/id7.html

It is the one on the left. I have 9 here only need 3 more :think I wrote that one wrong :lol

Dawn Snare made it for me. she isn't on line right this minute her puter died on her:(( but i will get in touch with her and see where the pattern came from :manyheart

Yarncat posted something similar in show and tell. Here it is with info on the book she used

Joyce

Hey Sissie and others

The website www learncrochetnow.com has a free download on the rev. sc. Look under freebies. After viewing it several times. I was able to add it to the edge of a RR.

Here crochet videos are great as well and not expensive. IMHO

Meegan

Archived