lapghans needed for senior's christmas. Blog updated with all the pictures. THANKS!!

sissie44

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So that's going to be next years Christmas project? Or are you planning on keeping with the timeline of the original requester (can't remember her name!)?

Nope this next years WE :lol:lol are going to be making for the VJGC:cheer:cheer

here is the thread i have just gotten started:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=89147

I am praying for a double hit :cheer:cheer:lol:lol:lol

am i going to be seeing you there? :yes:yes

Nope this next years WE :lol:lol are going to be making for the VJGC:cheer:cheer

here is the thread i have just gotten started:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=89147

I am praying for a double hit :cheer:cheer:lol:lol:lol

am i going to be seeing you there? :yes:yes

I'm thinking about it. Right now, I've got too much to think past Christmas :lol

Is that what I smell burnin all the way over here? :rofl

Yep! I try to think as little as possible. So when I actually do think, it tends to strain the brain and cause occasional burning smells :lol

Got the border done this weekend, but tons of ends to weave in (left strands on the last row of all of them (that was dumb :oops). Will try to do all those during lunch. I hope I can get it out this p.m. So you will have an extra manly ghan. Okay with me whoever you want to donate it to.

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +3

Silver medal for Stashbusing: 08/24/08

October Charity Square A Long! Oct 24-27

Marzee wnated to let you know I have received your very pretty Lapghan:manyheart

I love the colors some man is going to be so pleased with this!! and I see why you were talking about all the ends :lol but you did a great job!!

Thank you so much for helping with this project :manyheart

I will be looking for you on our new thread;)

Have added more lapghans to my blog:cheer:cheer

Grannytme yours is #106 :clap

Marzee you are #107:clap

Angelfire you are # 108 & #109:clap:clap

thank you all so much for all you have done:manyheart:hug

Talked to Fran yesterday and looks like the Party will be 12/19 at 10:30 am:cheer:cheer

have a couple more Lapghans to get pictures of and added to our blog and the only thing left now is getting a few more Bags to put the Lapghans in and we are set:yes

I can not tell you how excited I am! Those folks are going to be so blessed by all these comforghans! Ladies............ God Bless each and every one of you that helped.

And Sissie... God Bless you for putting this together and taking on such a challenge to spread some love and comfort to a bunch of folks that may not otherwise get it.

:heart

:mug

• 4 weeks later...

Wanted to share with everyone all the great Lapghans we got in this year for the seniors. my blog is now updated and we received 119 blankets!! :cheer:cheer:cheer

I have been so blessed this year with all the great friends and help I have received on this. I could never have done this without all of you here helping me! :manyheart:manyheart

I pray you are all blessed for all the love and caring you have given to help the elderly! :hug:hug

our party is on Friday and i will have one more update here before we are finished and that is to share with you all the pictures:manyheart

hugs,

sissie

Oh it was great!! they were all so happy to receive and we had enough but none came home as there were only a couple left and since there were a few that could not make the party I had these sent to them.

I have pictures that I hope to get uploaded today or tomorrow to the blog for all of you to see!! plus we might also have made the paper!! There was a lady there that came over and was asking me and Sandy all about how we did this and then when i asked Fran who she was she told me!!

If this ends up in the paper I will scan it and show to you all. cause you all do deserve seeing yourselves in the paper for all you did to help me with this for the seniors:manyheart

This will be my last posting in this thread. It is time to move on now to the VJGC thread over in the Charity's.

I have updated my blog with all the pictures from the party. It turned out great!!!

Thank you all so much for being here for me and helping to reach our goal and warming up the lives of 119 seniors!!!

Archived