lapghans needed for senior's christmas. Blog updated with all the pictures. THANKS!!

sissie44

Hey Sissie and others

The website www learncrochetnow.com has a free download on the rev. sc. Look under freebies. After viewing it several times. I was able to add it to the edge of a RR.

Here crochet videos are great as well and not expensive. IMHO

Meegan

Thanks for the link! I think I'll give it a try. Can't hurt, right!? LOL! I really want to learn that stitch and it just is frustrating me to no end that I can't get it!!!:eek:hug

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info everyone.

Sissie's the "gerber daisy" is easy and it really comes out nice.

I want to get on the bandwagon with everyone else on this reverse single so I'm off to check it out.

Thanks jmccrochet, now if the book were only available:( Maybe Sissie's freind has another source;)

I think I have finally settled on the pattern for the two ghans I'm going to make for the greek games with Sissie's Team Seniors:hook

Yarncat posted something similar in show and tell. Here it is with info on the book she used

Joyce

This looks like the same one to me. I have written her just waiting to hear back:)

Hey Sissie and others

The website www learncrochetnow.com has a free download on the rev. sc. Look under freebies. After viewing it several times. I was able to add it to the edge of a RR.

Here crochet videos are great as well and not expensive. IMHO

Meegan

oh thanks for finding this for us! I will look at it cause i really want to learn this stitch:)

Thanks for the info everyone.

Sissie's the "gerber daisy" is easy and it really comes out nice.

I want to get on the bandwagon with everyone else on this reverse single so I'm off to check it out.

Thanks jmccrochet, now if the book were only available:( Maybe Sissie's freind has another source;)

I think I have finally settled on the pattern for the two ghans I'm going to make for the greek games with Sissie's Team Seniors:hook

ok and what are they? I am to know PLEASE:yay:yay:yay LOL

Hi Sissie

Can you please let me know if you received the two squares I made? I sent them out last Saturday and I haven't heard anything. Thanks

Hi Kathy were these the 2 blue ones? if so i posted on the comfortghan for baby Jude about recieveing them thinking they were sent for his and we no longer needed for his and asked if it would be ok to use for my seniors :) sorry i posted on the wrong forum:think Thank you for helping :manyheart

I successfully did the reverse sc once, then went to do it on another item and couldn't for the life of me remember how to do it. Even with diagrams and instructions :lol

Hi,

i am new here and wondering if you need specific colors and if so what?I have a couple i made , originally to give to the nursing home where my Dad was, but we found out that the staff was taking them so i stopped sending them- they are multi colors with a black border

plmk if you can use them

thanks

Lynn

dragonpuck

Sissie, if I told you the pattern it wouldn't be a surprise:lol

Prism, I check out the tutorial that mattsmom told us about. Thank you mattsmom:hug. It seemed easy except I don't think I did it correctly, cause it looked funny. They don't show what the stitch looks like when done so I don't know if I did it correctly or not. If you or maybe Judianne have a close up to show what the edge looks like that would be good. :hook

I successfully did the reverse sc once, then went to do it on another item and couldn't for the life of me remember how to do it. Even with diagrams and instructions :lol

oh did you have a sometimers minute?:rofl:rofl

Hi,

i am new here and wondering if you need specific colors and if so what?I have a couple i made , originally to give to the nursing home where my Dad was, but we found out that the staff was taking them so i stopped sending them- they are multi colors with a black border

plmk if you can use them

thanks

Lynn

dragonpuck

Hi Lynn and welcome to a great site here at Crochetville!!

I Will be happy to receive any squares or Lapghans you can send my way:manyheart

I can not believe the staff would do something like that!! that is the same as stealing!!:(

I know but!!!!:hug

Hey guys if you have not sign up for our "team Seniors" for the games head over to here. and let amy know which team you are wanting to be on for the games

GO TEAM SENIORS:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

24 days to go :cheer:cheer:cheer

Sissie

I have one lapghan made for you and would like to get a second one done before I mail. Please send me your address and I will get them to you in time to reach your Christmas goal.

Linda

Sissie

I have one lapghan made for you and would like to get a second one done before I mail. Please send me your address and I will get them to you in time to reach your Christmas goal.

Linda

oh that is so great and Thank you for helping:manyheart:hug

I know with all the great Ladies I have backing me we will received a great blessing and the seniors will receive a great Christmas this year

you ladies are the best:hug:hug:hug:hug

Prism, I check out the tutorial that mattsmom told us about. Thank you mattsmom:hug. It seemed easy except I don't think I did it correctly, cause it looked funny. They don't show what the stitch looks like when done so I don't know if I did it correctly or not. If you or maybe Judianne have a close up to show what the edge looks like that would be good. :hook

I have to look and see if I kept anything with that edging:P

thanks

could you send me the address? or show me where t look it up?

lynn v

dragonpuck

Hi Lynn and welcome to a great site here at Crochetville!!

I Will be happy to receive any squares or Lapghans you can send my way:manyheart

I can not believe the staff would do something like that!! that is the same as stealing!!:(

Here's a close up of the rev sc on a facecloth I made myself

th_HPIM0589.jpg

That's pretty Judianne and looks very nice. Mine looked something like it. Thank you for showing me, I'll have to keep practicing:D

That's all it takes, is practice...yet there are times I still frog a few stitches because I don't like the way it looks. Esp using cotton:P

Keep trying...you'll get it perfected!:cheer

ok so someone needs to walk me thru the rev sc:think

I tried it and can not even get the first stitch :eek so what do I do :think

it is so hard to teach an old crocheter new tricks :rofl:rofl:rofl

ok so someone needs to walk me thru the rev sc:think

I tried it and can not even get the first stitch :eek so what do I do :think

it is so hard to teach an old crocheter new tricks :rofl:rofl:rofl

After completing the body of your piece, chain 1 and insert the hook into the first st to your RIGHT, complete a sc as you usually do. The first time you may want to slide the part of the stitch that wraps over the top so it lays against your piece.

Try...one stitch at a time...practice is how you learned to do everything else, and trust me - that's all this one takes.....:yes

just want everyone to know that pepsi cube boxes make wonderful lt weight mailing boxes! also, a reg size paper bag will fit right over the ends, fold over and tape. waaalaa!!! your done!!!

and I want to tell everyone that I received not one but FOUR!!! of these boxes today:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer all from grannytme and full of blankets!! 10 of them!! plus extra squares too!!:manyheart

I am so in tears here as to all the love I am feeling for my friends here at the vill and at my yahoo group swapping squares:manyheart:manyheart this would not be possible with out all of you!!

Hi Sissie, Don't want you to think that I have forgotten. I have 2 boxes ready to mail and 2 more to get. NYC has had a 7 day heatwave and mother nature made her monthly call. Both have kept me indoors. :(

Can't wait until the Olympic games. I'm more excited about crocheting than the events!:yay

Go Team Seniors!:cheer

Sissie dear I got the one blanket I mentioned last month washed. Also we went through the crocheted blankets & I think the blanket I made my mom she is going to give away too as it is too small for her bed. I also have those 12 squares I owe you from the yahoo group I am working on. And the 2 from the games in August. SO you will be having a nice box from me if all goes how I want it too,

Hi Sissie, Don't want you to think that I have forgotten. I have 2 boxes ready to mail and 2 more to get. NYC has had a 7 day heatwave and mother nature made her monthly call. Both have kept me indoors. :(

Can't wait until the Olympic games. I'm more excited about crocheting than the events!:yay

Go Team Seniors!:cheer

Oh babe i know you have not forgotten me:hug and you are fine as we still have a few months to get all these together:)

I am so sorry to here that mother nature is visiting with you now:ohdear:cry tell her i said go away and leave my friend alone!!

I am also getting excited about the games and like you for the crocheting not the events:)) I enjoy the winter games better!

I already have my yarn picked out for my 2 lapghans now just waiting for the GO!! to begin LOL

watch the team Seniors go for the gold!!!

Sissie dear I got the one blanket I mentioned last month washed. Also we went through the crocheted blankets & I think the blanket I made my mom she is going to give away too as it is too small for her bed. I also have those 12 squares I owe you from the yahoo group I am working on. And the 2 from the games in August. SO you will be having a nice box from me if all goes how I want it too,

oh tell your mother I said thank you so much and bless her:manyheart

nice size box:cheer:cheer

you are such a sweet friend :manyheart:hug

Archived