lapghans needed for senior's christmas. Blog updated with all the pictures. THANKS!!

sissie44

Having til christmas is great. i haven't really made grannies before but i have a large stash my family is after me to make things with, what better than to help with this. can't give you a when but count me in!

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah well I wanted to smack the lady with a wet noodle but food & drink isn't allowed in the post office anymore out here. So the sign says.

why did you want to smack her with your wet noodle? :))

You are looking for 12x12 squares in any pattern and color or are there certain ones you prefer?

thank you so much dear for offering to help:hug I am looking for what ever pattern and color that you want to send only please do not have any big holes in it please

Sissie has said (somewhere forgot where though) that she doesn't care what kind as long as the holes are not too big. And the color doesn't matter. I hope this helps.

yelp you got it right dear and thanks for helping :hug

I sent the box to your yesterday & I did not send that one my mother gave you for this. It has been up in the linen closet for a very long time & smells like it. So I will wash it & send it to you when I get the chance. The box I sent you cost $18 to send you I think.

try the priority flat rate box next time... I sent a box with three afghans to KY the other day and paid like $10.

try the priority flat rate box next time... I sent a box with three afghans to KY the other day and paid like $10.

Can you cram enough in those boxes? I have one here and know I can pick up more but have not had good luck with them!

Joyce

just want everyone to know that pepsi cube boxes make wonderful lt weight mailing boxes! also, a reg size paper bag will fit right over the ends, fold over and tape. waaalaa!!! your done!!!

why did you want to smack her with your wet noodle? :))

Ya know I can call her all kinds of names. I have been using this post office for 10 years. The names I can call her are not allowed here. She gives me so much drama for mailing heavy things. Like I sent a scrapbook to my dad & wanted it to go media mail (before they took it away) & she said no because I altered it. So I got her supervisor & since it is a book I can send it the way I wanted. We have been at odds since.

Hey Joyce,

I am about to jump in and make the 9 point ripple star afghan. Can I lean on you for help?:blush

TIA

Absolutely. That's a GREAT pattern. I've made two (in less than a week of one another). So, lean away

:hug Best way to catch my attention is PM

Joyce

Oh this will be a great way for me to get my crochet groove back AND do something for a great cause! I will make enough squares for one lapghan, that's 12 squares right?

Yes Luckiegirl. The ghans are 3'x4' so 12 squares is correct! Hope you get your "grove" back :lol

I've got a few squares. I pm'd you. Nothing fancy, just plain 'ol grannies.
great thank you

I haven't forgotten you! We had a heat wave and I just couldn't face that lapghan. We are having cooler weather now so I can get back to work on it.
kind of hard to think blankets when it is hot and lord it is hot here in florida!!

:thinkHey Sissie, I have a question on where to send the prayer round ripple afghan you mentioned on one of our yahoo boards.
thoae go to Tammy Carlton you will find her address in the database thanks for helping with these

Oh this will be a great way for me to get my crochet groove back AND do something for a great cause! I will make enough squares for one lapghan, that's 12 squares right?
oh great and yes 12 is the right number:)

thanks

Meegan I think they went to Tracy... I am not to sure though. Her daughter must have had her baby & it explains why she is not online.
nope no baby yet:(( but been hard to get to the puter here it isn't like home that is for sure!! they are going to induce tomorrow

hugs everyone

great thank you

kind of hard to think blankets when it is hot and lord it is hot here in florida!!

thoae go to Tammy Carlton you will find her address in the database thanks for helping with these

oh great and yes 12 is the right number:)

thanks

nope no baby yet:(( but been hard to get to the puter here it isn't like home that is for sure!! they are going to induce tomorrow

hugs everyone

I'm confused. Are you here in FL? :think

yes I am for the pass week didn't I tell everyone that:think

I am down here waiting on windy to have her baby she is 2 weeks over now

where are you at?

I must have missed that part :lol I'm in the Tampa area. I have to go check back and see where you are!

Archived