lapghans needed for senior's christmas. Blog updated with all the pictures. THANKS!!

sissie44

I already have my yarn picked out for my 2 lapghans now just waiting for the GO!! to begin LOL

watch the team Seniors go for the gold!!!

Just wanted to LYK that the heatwave is over,so UI was able to get the boxes mailed. Also, the boxes I ordered arrived so I have two to go this weekend. BTW, what pattern are u going to use? I haven't decided if I would do one full lapghan and start another or to try to work both at the same time. An Am and PM lapghan. :think

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only put myself down for one lapghan, but I'm hoping to try to get two done and i would finish one first and then start the other.

Joyce

For everyone who is on Team Seniors. How are you going to do your two lapghans. One at a time or alternating between the two?:think

Meegan

I'm going for one at a time. That would probably be faster for me than trying to different ones at the same time. Boy this is the first time I've crocheted all summer long. I usually put the hook down in June and don't pick it up again until October. :lol

I know one will be scrap grannie and I dunno what the other will be. But it all depends on where I am at in my personal life at the time of the games.

For everyone who is on Team Seniors. How are you going to do your two lapghans. One at a time or alternating between the two?:think

Meegan

I know one will be scrap grannie and I dunno what the other will be. But it all depends on where I am at in my personal life at the time of the games.

One giant square or individuals squares?:think

You just gave me a great idea for a scrap grannie...all in one piece! I have to dig out the pattern for the rectangular one...I know I put it somewhere:think

just wanted to LYK that the heatwave is over,so UI was able to get the boxes mailed. Also, the boxes I ordered arrived so I have two to go this weekend. BTW, what pattern are u going to use? I haven't decided if I would do one full lapghan and start another or to try to work both at the same time. An Am and PM lapghan. :think

I am still looking at patterns:) I think I am going to make mine one in squares and the other one whole:think maybe, I think :lol

12 matching squares were mailed out today.

I received them on staurday and thank you so much. I have the green here so I can stat sewing this one together soon:)

I was in my spare room yesterday and placing squares together and I think I have enough sets to put I know 10 together!! still got to get into all the 6" squares :lol I am all caught up on other things now so I am fixing to start joining these here this week! can't wait to show off more pictures in the blog

I'm going for one at a time. That would probably be faster for me than trying to different ones at the same time. Boy this is the first time I've crocheted all summer long. I usually put the hook down in June and don't pick it up again until October. :lol
how in the world have you gone all summer without your crocheting? I would be in the nut house :jumpyay if I could not crochet well maybe I need to be there anyway:rofl

You just gave me a great idea for a scrap grannie...all in one piece! I have to dig out the pattern for the rectangular one...I know I put it somewhere:think

It is right where you will not lose it :rofl when you find it will you share I have not seen a Rectangular granny:think

In reference to lapghan #18 in Sissie's blog ...It is from a Leisure Arts booklet, Double-Quick for baby. The pattern name is Diamonds. It is just rows of dc's and sp's.

Thank you for sharing:)

Hi Sissie, Don't want you to think that I have forgotten. I have 2 boxes ready to mail and 2 more to get. NYC has had a 7 day heatwave and mother nature made her monthly call. Both have kept me indoors. :(

Can't wait until the Olympic games. I'm more excited about crocheting than the events!:yay

Go Team Seniors!:cheer

Wanted to let you know I have received your two box's :cheer:cheer

love the RR lapghans I believe these are big enough also:manyheart thank you so much

and thank you for the squares that will make another lapghan, I am going to use the variegated color to put this one together:)

thank you so much for all you are doing to help :manyheart:manyheart:hug:hug

GRANNY RECTANGLE

granrec.jpg

Ok, i know there's some others out there, but i came up with this one on my own. After you finish the base, work it like a reg. granny square.

ch 16, 2 dc in 4th ch from hook, ch 1, sk 3 ch sp, 3 dc in next ch sp, ch 1, sk 3 ch sp, 3 dc in next ch sp, ch 1, 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc, ch 1 all in end ch sp. 3 dc in same ch as opposite 3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc in same ch as opposite 3 dc. in last ch sp, 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc, ch 2, join in top of beg. ch.

I will probably make all the squares first for both lapghans, but if a cooler day comes along, I will take advantage of that to assemble them. I'm planning a teal one and a red and black one, so they could be for either gender.

I am definately going for a RR for my first lapghan, I want to try the Van Gogh blending technique. I have everything ready. I amusing Lyn's pattern and will make about 36 or so rounds. Then I will do a rectangular granny until it measures the required Length and width.

I am definately going for a RR for my first lapghan, I want to try the Van Gogh blending technique. I have everything ready. I amusing Lyn's pattern and will make about 36 or so rounds. Then I will do a rectangular granny until it measures the required Length and width.

meegan what is the Van Gogh blending Technique?

meegan what is the Van Gogh blending Technique?

I got this from the Van Gogh Closet CAL:

call this one VanGogh's Closet, because in order to do this, you will have to dig through your yarn closet and use some artistic talent to make up your own color design .

You will actually have your choice of ANY afghan pattern you want to use. Where the catch comes in is the way in which this afghan will be made .

You will need to use a large hook ( depending on the size yarn you are using, you may want to use either a K ,L or N . )

I think the pattern will probably be the easiest if you use either the round ripple, a straight ripple, a rectangle granny , or even 12 inch squares that will form the pattern .

I have seen 3 of these ,all in different patterns and colors and let me tell you, they are works of art. That's where I came up with the Van Gogh name .

You will be working with 2 strands of yarn throughout .Begin by using 2 strands of the same color . I will make up some colors here just to give you an idea of what I am talking about .

Say you start with 2 strands of pink .... do the pattern for as many rows as you want, then drop one strand of pink and continue using one strand of pink and one of red .... do this for a round or two, then drop the pink, pick up another strand of red, and do a few rounds of solid red. When ready to change, drop one red, pick up a blue and do a round or 2 of red and blue. then drop the red, add another blue and do 2 strands of blue. etc,,,

Sounds like fun and a good way to de- stash.:crocheting

We all had fun on that CAL - some beautiful designs were the result...even done in squares, the results were amazing!

sissie- am sending two lapghans

will be in the mail today!

Lynn I received your lapghans yesterday and i love this hat pattern:manyheart

can you share the pattern with me please

thank you so much for helping:manyheart I will get pictures up this week

I am going to be working on sewing together squares this week that i have received from ya'll

so to those of you that have been sending squares you should start seeing yours in pictures over on my blog soon:) In the 12" squares I have enough to put together 10!! and not even going to figure on the other sizes I have here LOL

and we only have till friday to get things ready for our games to begin!! I have the yarn picked out and know that i knew what pattern I wanted to use but now i can not remember:think so I better be figuring that out real quick here :))

Lynn I received your lapghans yesterday and i love this hat pattern:manyheart

can you share the pattern with me please

thank you so much for helping:manyheart I will get pictures up this week

it is called Chapeaus - it is in"Favorite Throws and Table Toppers to Crochet"

and Annies Attic publication

i think it is also in one of their "scrap" book or perhaps the Scrap club stuff- not sure -this is actually the only place i have seen it and actually bought the book to get it, i am not a doily person but there are a lot of afghans and pretty patterns for doilies in it --i have already made three of the afghans and another WIM

Archived